• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders Peterson aka Nappy | 11/25/2011

Though me and Nappy had our share of disagreements and disputes, he was a pretty cool guy too and was very diverse and knowledgeable with Snake. He was a prime poster in the Snake boards and contributed a lot to the guide I made for the Snake. I only wish his spirit lives on with no regrets...

Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P Nappy, the Snake boards will never be the same without you.

Trent

Smash Champion
R.I.P. Nappy.

I really wanted to get to know you better and it's hurting me now to know that I never will get that chance. My condolences for your family, the Minnesota crew, and everyone of your friends.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Nappy, thank you for coming to HD:Remix. I believe that was the first time I met you. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I didn't really get to know you better and from the comments of others, it's something that I will regret. RIP and condolences to your family and friends.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I introduced him to the Minnesota Smash Scene brought him out to his first tournament where he teamed with a scrub ROB who was trying to show him how to play, witnessed him improve even though he sucked in singles but was awesome in teams. Helped him control his anger whenever he hit his teammate with an explosive as Snake, had him reduce his swearing whenever he came over to my house. Brought him to fests, tournaments whenever I could back in the day, bought him food.

Made he sure he was alright when got a seizure at my house, then once again when we went to a fest at Deepak's. Amanze was with me for both of those moments. I'm ****ing torn up right now, there is a tight knot in my stomach that wont go away. But he was fortunate enough to die in his sleep even if he was going through a seizure during the time. At least he was able to spend Thanksgiving with his family. Always had a blast whenever we hung out, drunk or sober. Had fun **** talking each other at times, he did it better than me got under my skin very often.

I'm a miss you man, I'll see you up there. You better show them how a real snake plays, with that pocket Diddy and Falco.

Show them how to play Swain and Irelia while you're at it. I'll see you when I see you.

RIP Kjell Anders Peterson, loved ya man.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
R.I.P NaPPy. Because of you, I am the competitive fighting game player I am today, and the person I am today. I have never met a truly honest person before, because I thought such a person couldn't exist, but you were definitely that one person. Despite how you thought about yourself, you will be heavily missed... I will always remember you, and I am sure many others will too.

I truly owe so much to you. I remember all the matches we had in Brawl, how you said I had the best Pit back when I used to player lol... How we used to play Pokemon, and all sorts of random **** just for fun. I remember The Final Conspiracy, our times at Nintendoworlds/wiipals, our chats, and all sorts of ****... You were definitely the reason I got into the brawl scene, the reason I grew out of my emo ****, and the reason I am striving today. Rest in peace man...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Always sad to see someone pass away who has touched many people in such a great way.

Nappy, we never meet IRL, but I remember playing you on the AllisBrawl ladder a year or 2 ago and getting bodied. Wish we had met before this tragic event and maybe you could have become a great friend to me like you were to the many people posting in this thread.

I will say a Hail Mary for your family during time.

R.I.P Nappy.

:phone:

G.i.R.

Smash Rookie
R.I.P. Nappy. i never got to meet you, but i was hoping to as i got more and more into the competitive scene. you sounded like a great guy. you will be missed

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Saw him on and off at tournaments, talked to him on mnchat a lot back in the day, now I regret never getting a chance to really know him. I guess I just kinda.. expected him to always be there. What horrible news. Rest in peace nappy :(

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
:( :( :(

Damn man, im sort of in shock... thanks for co-hosting those tournies last year. I think you were a great addition to the scene and its terrible losing you. I really don't think any post I could write would do you justice... R.I.P. though, we will remember you for a long long time.

And condolences to those who knew him better than I did, especially his family.

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
RIP Nappy. We only talked casually the last year or so over 4-5 tournies but you always seemed like a cool guy. This is pretty surreal. My condolences to the family & close friends.. Minnesota smash will always seem one short:(

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Yea Nappy R.I.P. you there is no doubt in my mind, you are up there waiting for the rest of us to one day join you to smash with you again. That time you carried me in doubles to finish in first place was the greatest moment I ever had in smash. Cottage Grove crew forever my friend. I will miss you.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Always so awful when something happens at such a young age...

I'll also keep those who were so close to him and knew him well in my thoughts. Keep your heads up.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I got to know Nappy pretty well during the few times I was with him. He always destroyed me in Brawl but I was ok with that. I didn't think something like this could ever happen and it really makes you think. Farewell Nappy, we won't forget you....

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I honestly can't imagine how his friends are coping with this as nothing of this nature has happened to me. I didn't personally know Nappy to any degree but I have some Wifi-Brawl friends who were in his region, and they told me about it. I can't really say much except give my condolences and pass my respects as a fellow Smash player and a human being. I truly hope it all turns out well for everyone who was affected in light of this tragedy.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Chell, (because that's how you ****ing say it :) )

You were one of my reasons for staying in the MN smash scene as long as I did. Even though I've grown to hate Brawl, I have to say that your passing is making me want to pick it up again. Your death is a lesson to me that I made some really great friends in the MN community, and me dropping Brawl completely and not hanging with them anymore is really segregating myself from a group of friends I really enjoyed. I regret not keeping in contact with you, and in the end, that will be a regret I'll have to hang on to for the rest of my life. I'm gonna miss you man...

So now I have a little bit for the MN crew.

Guys, I'm really sorry that I kind of just disappeared never to really keep in contact with any of you. I really enjoyed you guys back then, and to this day I find myself missing a lot of you. Being in ND makes it damn near impossible to rectify this situation, but I want to see you all again. Since I can't just make it back to MN on a whim, I've decided that I'm going to enter the next Brawl tourney that GNG runs at one of it's bigger events. I want to kick it with you guys, and just have fun. I really do miss you all and I hope to see you again. You guys mean a lot to me, and I've neglected to make sure I let you guys know that. See you soon gents, see you soon :)

Triple R

Smash Lord
This is so hard to swallow. I just saw you a week ago. Played you in our Melee bracket match. Always bothering you with my "cheap Kirby tricks."

In Brawl you were always one of my hardest opponents. You always had the upper hand and gave me such a challenge. Every once in awhile I would sneak a win here and there. I can't imagine what tournaments without you are going to be like know. It's just going to feel like you're missing at every single one.

I can't even play Zelda OoT on my 3DS without thinking about you. You were always big into 64 games. Last weekend we were playing Mario Party 2 with you, and you were trying to get more and more of the stars in Mario 64.

You were just always there. I'm not sure how to move on. Everyone from MN misses you. Wish we could have you back.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Its really great to see how much everyone cared about Kjell, and helps so much to read all the thoughtful things all you guys have to say. Whenever I'm having a hard time late at night without him there for me, I come to this thread because all everyone has to say is great things about Kjell and it calms me down a lot. I wanted you all to know that for one and how much I appreciate you all (especially MN kids)..... I just wish I were as good with words as some of you guys, because I have so many feelings to express and memories to share about Kjell that I can't even put it into words... Anything I type about him doesn't feel like it's good enough or gets my point across fully, and thats very frustrating for me, it makes my ears feel like they're going to pop... idk o.O..

But man, this goes out to you Napsack- I love u brother, and I will never forget you... things are pretty rough right now without u around online wit me all night n ****.. and man at deepaks its gonna be plain hard to sleep at night man without u there staying up til 7am with me, its hard enough to sleep right now.. but hey I ain't no pu$$y ***** or nothin hahaha... Deff gonna miss u tho mang... i'll hang on to your brawl disc forever man cuz i never got that 10 bucks back!!! perhaps we'll meet again in heaven when my time comes and make a transaction of equal value heh. No amounts of typing of words will ever get across everything I wish I could say to you man, but I ****ing promise you that here on out I'm going to put my all into every day in your name Kjell. To show you how much you taught me and how much I appreciated what you've done for me as a friend. I couldn't ask for more, you really were a hell of a guy. RIP Kjell I know you're in a better place now. Watch over me breh you know im'a need it rofl!!

to the community: sorry if this post seemed sad guys im kinda havin a hard time right now, i think it helped to let some of that out

Metro_Knight

Smash Rookie
I was looking forward to getting torn apart by your snake.. but more importantly, I was looking forward to meeting you, and experiencing all the great things everyone has said about you.

R.I.P.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I've played you online a couple times. I didn't know you very well, but rest in peace man. :(

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Nappy I know I already wrote about you bit frankly I have a bit more to say. I remember first meeting you on this site where I saw you were from same city. I was like who is this kid asking me to drive him to a tournament. but I am glad I drove you those times and got to hang out with you. I feel really bad man, cause I stopped playing smash for those two plus years and that meant not hanging out with you. Maybe it is fate or something else but a week ago we smashed for the first time in over two and a half years and I am glad I came back to smash at the time I did, cause Nappy I got to hang with you one more time. Finally Kjell I want to do one more thing. I never knew that you suffered from the conditions that you had and not once did you ever ***** about it so first off I am done with feeling sorry for myself and realize life is what you make of it. So Kjell I miss ya.

Teh Future

Smash Master
RIP Nappy. I didnt like mn when you did nothing but talk **** but when i housed you everyone was awesome and you guys obviously just like to have fun (plus i loose to ganon). sorry to hear this guys

<3 mn

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Damn

I used to talk to you ages ago on xat when I still played. I was always hesitant to friendly you because at the time I was the more established snake but saw the potential of you bodying me. And you did rise to the expectation. Even though I dropped from the scene (even wifi), I still somewhat kept up with the snake scene and saw your progress and was one of the few snakes I'd watch online.

R.I.P

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I've only heard about this at 5/6 this morning and I just can't believe something such as that would happen. I don't know him, so I am unable to say much. I can't help but feel sorry, he died so young and I never knew it could be so serious that this could happen.
R.I.P
Nappy

Edit: Saw a seizure and it's now hurts to think he died from it...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't really know how to collect my thoughts. You and MN came to all of my tournaments and I will forever be grateful and thankful for you doing so. I'm sorry we never got to talk more...but I want to leave something here for you:

I never forget to keep my signatures. So I will never forget you.

You were a great person and helped Snake and the MW. You will be greatly missed. Please, rest in peace Kjell.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
wow, I am just learning about this. I haven't had internet access in weeks. This is terribly sad. I didn't talk to Nappy much but on the Snake boards a few times, he was funny and an all around good guy from what I could tell. We said we would would combust some green material if we ever met at a regional, but now I know this will never happen.

I will miss you Nappy. R.I.P

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Thank you for making this thread... I used to play melee, but I only went to a few tournaments here in MN. Nappy was one of the first people I met, and he definitely will be missed... He was an awesome guy, and one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

-CA$H

Clel

Smash Journeyman
This is such a shock and I'm just now figuring about it but man... I'm going to make this post anyway.

I remember first meeting you at one of Joker's tournaments, and playing you in the semi-finals, we went to game 3 and after I chose not to ban any stages you took me to halberd, I brushed it off at first but when I got destroyed I realized I was being overconfident. You went on to win singles but I found you guys hilarious, some didn't like the trash talking but it gave Minnesota this competitive spark.

We never got matched up at tourneys before Brainshock Beta, but I remember us talking about the latest wichidrama that was going on at the time. We eventually fought on wifi and you 2-0'd me fast, even on rainbow cruise and that had me nervous going into our set at Brainshock Beta, you were off your game though and I 2-0 you that time, sadly that'd be our last set and my last time hanging out with you.

RIP man, never knew you suffered from Epilepsy. Damn.

Melo

Smash Rookie
Wow this is so disheartening, R.I.P. Nappy.
Sad to see people pass at such a young age.

- Takeover

Top Bottom