• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders Peterson aka Nappy | 11/25/2011

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
Well we have just got word that Kjell has passed away earlier today due to a seizure.

For those of you who don't know, Kjell has had Epilepsy for a while, and the seizure happened when he was home alone.

I decided to make a thread for everyone to show their respects and possibly write something in honor of Kjell.

Its tough making this thread because there is so much to say.. but personally I loved Kjell like a brother and I couldn't have asked for a better friend, static partner, or homie.

For those of you who didn't know him, Kjell was a snake main from Minnesota. He was a hilarious, clumsy kid who always made things seem better than they really were. He always had a way of making people laugh. He was truly a considerate person who always tried to help in anyway he could.

Its crazy how he had to pass now.. he was planning on getting his life back on track after not being able to do much due to his epilepsy. All we ask is for you to keep him and his family in your prayers.

Here's a few links if you would like to pay your respects at different places:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1729039665&ref=ts

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/napZzz.ai

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=95666

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Kjell-Anders-Peterson/167037693394598

I know in the end this thread doesn't do him justice.

But he was truly a great guy at heart and deserves to rest in peace.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Kjell):

idk where to begin. ughh. Sometimes I hate the way life turns out. I don't think you really even knew how much everyone really did care about you... you'll be missed..

VinDaBess

Smash Rookie
Kjell, I'll love you forever. I just wish we all could've let you know how much we cared for you..You were like family to us..you changed lives mah man. You will be missed. I'll never forget you "Nappy" aka "best trist" <3

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
RIP Kjell Anders Peterson.

You were one of the realest to walk the earth and one of my best friends. I am honestly still in disbelief. You didn't deserve this. Everyone you've spoken to or met will miss you dearly. You had that effect on people.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Damn I can't Believe Nappy Died he was one of my favorite smashers from Minnesota and we were very chill with each other everytime when me meet each other at tourneys.:(

Well R.I.P Nappy see ya.

I never got to know Kjell well. Random conversations on smashboards, mnsmash, or the single time I meet him in tournament was the extent. I was expecting to get to know him even more this coming summer when I got back to MN. Yea, that's not going to happen. I won't get to know him the way some of you got to know him. I'll miss you Kjell.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Can't believe you are gone....such a funny guy and nice person.

R.I.P my man, you are in the better place now

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Got word of this through text today and couldn't believe it. Its so sad to hear of such a premature death, when he obviously still had much to live for.

It sucks to hear things turned out this way. May you RIP.

:phone:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
This is so terrible...

Nappy was the man, seriously. This is beyond terrible to hear..

R.I.P. to the greatest.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Condolences to anyone that knew him.

This sucks, but I don't really know what to say. Words at times like these can't really comfort anyone dealing with his loss, but at the same time, there's little else we can do. Keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

The snake boards will miss you.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My condolences... It is never a good thing when one of our own passes on.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It's hard to fathom the reality or magnitude of this when I didn't know him, but death is death all the same. I've witnessed the nightmare of epilepsy second-hand, and my heart breaks for not only Nappy, but for his folks. I won't fill this post up with platitudes, since I didn't know him, but my absolute deepest sympathies for his folks and to everyone that's currently enduring this no doubt surreal nightmare while our only concerns are wondering what to say in response.

I do wanna say though, that while epilepsy is rough, I don't think Nappy could've asked for a better way to cross the spectral divide. People often say they'd like to die in their sleep, and to the extent of my knowledge of epilepsy, passing during a seizure when all cognitive facilities are shut down is an indistinguishable equivalent (for the victim, anyway).

Have fun with your harp lessons up there, you Snake-maining *******, you. Rest well, sir.

Akashi

Smash Lord
There are so many things I want to say, yet I don't want to write it down because I feel like it's too late for it. But I will say this: Nappy truly was a great man, and his presence was absolutely brilliant. He was clever, albeit a little brash, but he had his heart in the right place (at least, with his friends). I looked up to him for a long time, coming from a Snake main, and I loved how passionate he was about getting better. I remember him posting on other Snake's AiB walls, telling them he would be the best, and I remember that raw drive he had. RIP man, I'll miss you

Wake

Smash Master
It's so crazy... we were just playing. We were just trash talking each other. You were just saying "Happy Thanksgiving." Life can be so crazy sometimes. We didn't even get to finish the game we were playing at the last tourney. I'll miss you. I hope your family can get through this.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
This is really sad. I remember him from way back at Pound 4 when he wanted to friendly me, he seemed really nice and a fun guy. RIP.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
We never really talked at tournaments, but we've played a few times, and I always had a good time fighting your Snake/whoever you played. It's gonna be weird seeing MN at tournaments without you there. You'll be in my thoughts. RIP Nappy.

Arty

Smash Lord
R.I.P. Nappy.

We always trashed talked each other and joked around, but it was all in good fun. I always had fun playing you and talkin with you at tournies. You'll be missed man. I can relate to what your family is going through, having lost my mom a couple weeks ago. Look after them man. Life is too short sometimes :(

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Oh my god. I heard from friends that Nappy died, but I didn't believe it until Limit showed me this thread.

R.I.P. Nappy. :(

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Rip, I found his posts on Smashboards enjoyable. Seemed like a nice guy.
Condolences to his family and friends.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
This is so heavy... Nappy was really awesome, he always seemed grumpy but he was a very nice guy. I saw him a lot but my favorite memory from a St. Louis tourney was chilling with him, moe, and breezy at a Waffle House... eating some hash browns and laughing it up about how the entire venue watched while I 2 stocked his Snake with Ganon on the projector, but then he ***** me the next 2 matches with Diddy. I think both of us were salty for a rematch after that one lol. It would be cool if we got that rematch in another life huh.

It's been real Nappy... RIP man.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Rest in Peace bro. Prayers go out to your family. Though I have never met you and you're a friend to a lot of the people that I know, I know that it is hard for them to lose a loved one like yourself. May you give these people who are mourning the loss of you in this world, the strength to move forward, and to keep you in their memories.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
ugh.. I really regret not having at least a final word with you man... for the longest time, I didnt consider you as a friend. I really regret doing so because it wasnt until now that I realized what you did. You gave me advice when I asked for it, and you also played wifi friendlies with me when no one in our skype chat wanted to play with me :/.... RIP Kjell, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family... thanks for everything.

I don't know Nappy personally, but I do know that he was the person who recommended me to the staff to become a moderator of SWF. It's a small gesture, but regardless, I'm very grateful for it, and I'd like to thank him again for that.

R.I.P.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
from what I read in the smash lab skype, you were knowledgeable on a lot of things Snake and always wanted to figure out Snake-related frame stuff. you wanted to get out of MN and have Apex be your first OoS. I would've really enjoyed talking to you there about Snake stuff, shame we never will.

R.I.P. Napz. =/

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
This is really sad, me and Nappy were both once frequent posters on the Snake board. He was a great man who made my day more than once.

R.I.P. Nappy.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
It's crazy to see someone pass away. I only knew em online and although he was a bit of a jerk sometimes, he was still pretty cool.

R.I.P. KJell

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nappy, you were one of the cool ones, glad I got to meet you and actually spent time getting to know you. I'm not sure what else to say, other than you will be missed by more than just smashers. My condolences to your family and the rest of the Minnesota crew.

Top Bottom