• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
me too(my snake) and I do better vs a lot of snake's with marth than MK, honestly no one ever wants to say it because OMG MK IS BROKEN HE CAN NEVER NOT BE SOMEONE'S WORST MU but maybe marth just has a better MU with snake? either way MK ***** you too : p

and MK can't dash grab AND prevent you from just ftilting him in the face, that's the thing, frame data only tells you what you can do GUARANTEED when snake isn't a character that can survive off of sure things, you need good reads

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If you roll away, I'm pretty sure MK gets the frame advantage from ftilt. Not 100% and it probably depends on if we're able to use our full roll away....

Actually ete, the threads merely to know my options - I've actually learned a bit about my defensive options by making that thread.

OoS Dash Attack/DACUS is totally viable in many scenarios, and can earn back stage and get you away from the edge.

OoS Dair is more viable than I thought, it just needs to be a punish for poorly spaced moves - and a HARD punish at that.

OoS Grenade is so not viable unless I'm going for a tradeoff. I'm better off trying to for a grab.

Shield Drop is 2 frames faster than our jump, meaning I need to stop SH'ing away so often - and instead shield drop and run away. This keeps me out of the air.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK gets frame advantage if he holds up and stops ftilting you but that leaves him open to getting shield drop > ftilted himself as this is faster than 99% of players reaction times, even if he just reacts to it in time and continues he might still trade. both MK and snake's ftilt have implied safety, not actual safety, MK's more so than snake's, but it's the same concept

we need the full frame data on snake's ftilt speaking of which <_<

to velox: 4

SuSa, we have a problem...

Etecoon just said that we get 4 pummels as Snake at 0 percent on an opponent that does not bother to escape. And under the same conditions, MK gets three. That does not line up with what I got using your 18 and 34 pummel speeds from the page before. WIth snake, it should be 5. Which, I suppose why we did not get 5 is that etecoon might have made a slight error in doing it. In order to get 5, you need to be frame perfect because 90/18=5.0.

MK makes no sense at all. 90/34=2.64 pummels and etecoon said he got 3. So, apprently there is something wrong somewhere if these two numbers are not matching up with the predicted ones.

SuSa

That's because frame data is messy as **** and MK's probably isn't 34.

Also he likely wasn't buffering everything for Snake. If our grab is 18 frames, he should've been able to buffer a pummel each time to pull off 5.

I'll need Smash lab help to do this, or someone to go in and actually get the frame data properly which it seems like nobody can do.

Well, there is something that I forgot to take into account. Pummels do damage lol I wonder how pummeling damage affects the number. It would account for why you can get 3 off as MK with that number. Once he does like 7 damage, he is in the range to get 3 off for sure. However, that does not seem to hold true for Snake. He has a similar range where it jumps up to 6. But, pummels should easily equal 7-8 damage to bump up that range and get another one. Oh, well. It still all comes down to getting that proper pummeling speed.

I am probably annoying you all with what I am saying, so I'll stop talking about it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
so I was thinking about the idea we had in the snake back room(lol snake BR), we should have a skype or AIM chat or something(SNAKE IRC CHANNEL YEAZ)

marth boards has one that is reasonably active and entertaining even though half of it's regulars aren't marth mains <_<

speaking of the snake back room, ZAJICE (I hope you name search...), reinvite me it won't let me unsubscribe from the outside rofl

etecoon

Smash Hero
I agree, it hasn't been posted in since I left actually, but I need him to let me back in so I can UNSUBSCRIBE and then leave it again <_< sick of seeing it in my user cp for no reason lolol

etecoon

Smash Hero
there was one at some point? probably doesn't help that NO ONE USES SKYPE

needs to be AIM or IRC IMO. I'm dumb and idk how to make AIM blast groups though(what the marth chat is)

napZzz

Smash Hero
I wanted to skype one to happen, and skype is for cool people maybe you hoes should get it

I can make a blast group if you guys want

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snake BR was a failure and I don't care about it anymore.

And I don't need to name search to find this thread lol.

RATED

Smash Lord
idk, but the frame data post should be in a separated thread... I mean they are going to get lost in the flood of posts.

also anyone know of a Brawl's Livestream? I am so BORED that I want to watch one right now.

etecoon

Smash Hero
also wondering if any livestreams are going on today, haven't watched one in a while and rated reminded me lol, it seemed like at one point someone was linking me to a ls every weekend wtf

RATED

Smash Lord
SuSa: ah then is good, I was worried about it.

Xeylode: I never had used Skype, my stepfather's tend to use it to talk with his daughter, its an awesome program. I am getting a new laptop in december, my laptop sucks balls so I can't really install **** here. :(

Etecoon: I really miss watching livestreams.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I haven't used it(don't have it), I just brought it up as a possibility because it had been discussed before

SuSa

SuSa? Are you alright? SuSa? SuSa?? SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm soooo name searching this board more often....

LOL:

Oh by the way etecoon, it's really my opinion. I just that even Susa says so out of no where.
Yea, I would. :p **** Marth. Still.

I remember him saying in the ladder chat something to the effect of "I'll lose to like any marth, idk what to do yet" <_<

uh, no? he was very good, I think he'd be power ranked now if he had stayed snake and didn't quit/stayed active. if anything it's the opposite, he was a great player who had a penchant for posting ridiculous theories that don't make sense
<33333 that ladder chat was soooooooo long ago... I got to the point I only lost to better Marth's.. Bardull or better. =P Haze for sure.

Etecoon is right.

Susa was getting better against pros when he was offline. Wait... Ridiculous? Give one theory from Susa that didn't make sense :(?
I was, slowly... brought Tyrant and DSF to last stock often, think i actually took a game off after a point. Also got very close to taking a set (last stock, last hit) IIRC. But, then I quit.

Also a lot of my theories were highly... outstated back then. :laugh: I'll admit to that much.

YEAAAH for month old replying!

etecoon

Smash Hero
<33333 that ladder chat was soooooooo long ago... I got to the point I only lost to better Marth's.. Bardull or better. =P Haze for sure.
I was actually quoting ally there lol, idk marth is dumb, I feel like I'm good at the MU now because two of the people I've played the most are good marth's but I'd still rather ditto or use MK on them, though I do want to start using snake more again. I don't place in the money at real tournaments anyway rofl, might as well use my actual favorite character

SuSa

I've won money/taken first at lolocals as well, and when absolutely no one from competitive smash is around I'll go a character for fun.

Best moment of my life:
3 stocking a MK with Ganon. || He thought he could win entirely with tornado and dsmash. Easiest $19 pot ever. =P

Best actual tourney results:
I'd probably say my (13?th) placement at Active Gamers national... where Tyrant and M2K knocked me out...****...metaknight..filled...bracket... and of course it'd be like the top two MK's -_____-

Fun fact about AG:
I lost 1 round in pools - to Havok (MK)
I lost to M2K (MK)
I lost to Tyrant (MK)

Every tournament after that, I only lost to MK, Dao's Diddy, and once to Oki's DDD. I dont remember losing to any other characters. Dao's an exception IMO (we were always back-and-forwarth with how much we smashed together), so I only really count Oki.... lol....

etecoon

Smash Hero
looking at my history on my aib I apparently manage to get fatal, koolaid, or bloodcross early nearly every tourney, and fatal and koolaid are both snake rapists(I've deemed snake dittoing fatal to be completely pointless, he seems a little weak against marth but my marth isn't good enough), and I've lost to nearly every diddy I've ever played using MK while winning with snake. though playing friendlies against koolaids diddy last month made me feel really bad about that MU too lol

Calzorz

Smash Lord
snake backroom group INVITE!?

and susa what was the last tourny u actually attended (date) because i havent heard of you until you came back to snake boards?

etecoon

Smash Hero
it hasn't been posted in in like 2 months and hasn't actually been active ever lol, character backrooms are pointless

SuSa

Like 10-11 months ago was my last tournament. I was a spectator at Anime Expo. =P

My next tourney is whatever one Richbrown goes to after D.C (if he goes), and I'm trying to go to Dallas, even though I don't expect to win.

RATED

Smash Lord
looking at my history on my aib I apparently manage to get fatal, koolaid, or bloodcross early nearly every tourney, and fatal and koolaid are both snake rapists(I've deemed snake dittoing fatal to be completely pointless, he seems a little weak against marth but my marth isn't good enough), and I've lost to nearly every diddy I've ever played using MK while winning with snake. though playing friendlies against koolaids diddy last month made me feel really bad about that MU too lol
Practice marth moar and moar. Get better and beat Fatal. my solution.

don't tell me that you lost b4 or you marth isn't good enough, if you practice he will be even more than enough.

Top Bottom