• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
awww susa :/

I actually like thunderstorms lol, or just any weird weather in general

except when it floods or otherwise causes damage to my **** <_<

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I love rain, floods suck. I love snow, snowstorms REALLY suck. I love lightning, thunder totally scares me.

I'm just glad I don't have to put up with tornadoes or hurricanes....

BUT WHY TONIGHT TO THUNDERSTORM? I just went to bed at around midnight, I've had like 4 hours of sleep and am likely to get no more...

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought it like never snows in california(I guess it's the size of like 5-6 other states though so lol)

but that's always been my thought on the weather here, it's frequently pretty miserable but at least there's no hurricanes or earthquakes, tornado's are rare but they have happened

I also slept like 3 hours and just woke up now for no apparent reason :/

SuSa

Yea. :x

I haven't gone through a major earthquake. :B Just my house shaking a lot and a few things falling off the walls.. Megaquakes like 30 years overdue... that's going to be a ****ty one. <_< Hopefully I can move out before it happens. XD That's going to be scary.

:O

Maybe we're like... psychenetically linked? (screw the spelling on psychenetically.. it looks wrong and probably is)

etecoon

Smash Hero
mmmm

if snake's can use their broken hitboxes IRL I wonder if I can plank my way out of any situation...

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
LOL I like the new thread title. Also:

Snakes I am hosting a tournament today and I need you guys to F-Tilt in unison for me to give me strength.

Or just wish me luck. :D

SuSa

I haven't seen jack ****. =| I don't go around watching videos and movies or tv... ever unless linked to it or doing some form of research.

I have better things to do than browse Youtube and deal with the trolls that live there. :3

It took me awhile to figure out where to pull all of this stuff from.

Anyone know how to do hidden quote boxes?

Edit: Testing stuff

[WIKI="Test"]smashboards.com[/WIKI]

PHP:
Hi
HTML:
blargh
Code:
Korba

PZ

Smash Lord
Guys try this on a platform platform drop<bair at same time it also has a hitbox so awesome!:p

You should still be on the platform in the bair animation. Could be used since it also hits ppl.

SuSa

You're about 18 months late in that information.

So not worth the lag, and is maybe a one time use ever sort of thing. Oh.. and the timings annoying for it and to suffer the same amount of lag I'd actually rather drop through the platform so if hit I can at least DI into the stage and tech.

But that's just me

After reading the ZSS thread about being able have ranges larger than the ledgegrab range, I was wondering what about Snake's Fsmash?

This is a close-up of the hitbox (image from EY's frame data thread)

I tried resizing the hitbox to an image the full length of FD to see how far offstage it could go.

If you look at the image, my approximate guess places it there. From this resizing, it does look like it might hit people out of grabbing the ledge. It seems like there is a weakpoint in this idea directly below the stage ledge, where the hitbox is the thinnest.

Snake can quickly get to the very edge of the stage by using the mortar slide. I also recall a post SuSa or someone posted that Fsmash has a 1 frame release when charging (hitbox lasts for 2 frames). Being at the very edge of the stage quickly after hitting someone someoff stage and a quick release time and a large hitbox, I think snake could destory people recovering to the ledge by outranging them.

This is situational at best, but just something to think about when in a match where the person has to recover below the stage to the ledge to recover. This might have some merit.

SuSa

This is how I edgeguard against Fox, Falco, Zelda, and other people whom recover horizontally. :x

Short toss a grenade to cover below it, charge an Fsmash. With good timing you can hit them out of their recoveries as well.

But yes, it's situational.. due to Brawl's stupidly large edgegrabbing, some characters can grab the edge before you actually hit them... and with such a strict hitbox timing.. =\

EDIT:

I see you looking in a way to view ledge grab ranges. ;p nice job doing research... XD

I never really considered using it much either because I always figured I could never hit people at the ledge even if I timed it right. However, there was a recent post about someone who showed an image of jiggs ledge snapping range. After looking at it and Snake's hitbox, I was reinvigorated for trying to use this more often. I am merely hoping that Fsmash hitbox is larger than ledgegrab ranges. If that happens, then it is like melee. You can actually edgeguard people trying to recover low from the stage. A lot of recoveries use that method and if I can grab hold of the ledge grab ranges and compare it to snake's fsmash hitbox, then it might be possible to make a list of recoveries who snake can **** through merely punishing recovering low from the stage.

I wish I had my brawl set-up with me in college. Probably the dumbest idea I had to not bring it. I must wait until late november before being able to even get ahold of it.

Oh, well, time to get better at melee. Did you decide to use anyone other than mewtwo at all?

Top Bottom