• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
WHen was the last time a snake not named ally won a tournament that mattered

or even placed

also, I've started to ignore the boards because its mostly wifi players/scrubs that post and do ****...-_-
Well, it would depend on your definition of a tournament that mattered.

And as for the last time a character not snake or mk won a big tournament was GameUnicon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
WHen was the last time a snake not named ally won a tournament that mattered
When was the last time an MK not named M2K won a tournament that mattered? Only example I can think of was Tyrant @ Tourney Play and M2K had legit johns. Other than that most of MKs victories are from tournaments that "don't matter".
Besides Razer won Hobo 15 so you're already wrong.

@Nappy
When did any character besides MK/Snake win a tournament that mattered that MK wasn't banned at?
ADHD @ Snes =D

Also, Snake doesn't lose to any character except MAYBE D3 and MK. Diddy is 6/4 in Snake's favour, Falco is 55/45 in Snake's favoour and bit is easily 6/4 in Snake's favour.

:059:

Nic64

Smash Lord
Also, Snake doesn't lose to any character except MAYBE D3 and MK. Diddy is 6/4 in Snake's favour, Falco is 55/45 in Snake's favoour and bit is easily 6/4 in Snake's favour.
Snake loses to marf IMO, possibly worse than MK

And I need to do some testing/practice on it myself but if what SuSa says about dthrow is true I could see D3 being in Snake's favor once people actually start doing that.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Snake loses to marf IMO, possibly worse than MK

And I need to do some testing/practice on it myself but if what SuSa says about dthrow is true I could see D3 being in Snake's favor once people actually start doing that.
Marth is quite the tough matchup, I'm not ready to say it's in his favor decisively though. I've only played NEO one time and that was in a doubles match where it came down to me and him last stock mid-high percents. The weight difference is key, in my opinion, you could argue that he can gimp and juggle us, but that's similar to MK in a lot of the way people describe that matchup. Get gimped and we lose, don't, and we win.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I like to see people disagree with my trolling

it fills up my tummy with reaction goodness!

so I play this good ganon all the time and I'm gonna go post about how ganon sucks and its a 7/3 matchup for snake :]

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I like to see people disagree with my trolling

it fills up my tummy with reaction goodness!

so I play this good ganon all the time and I'm gonna go post about how ganon sucks and its a 7/3 matchup for snake :]
Well actually today, I decided I was going to be more active on these boards. And ask people a lot of questions about about the way they deal with matchups, theorycraft, and all that shenanigans.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I was more of kidding around the few pages back that susa and others kinda went off on me

only thing i was serious about was diddy being as good as snake I guess.

Pierce7d is the enemy to everything Ekans. He is suggesting that snake actually be 4th on the tier list, below an ape. Humankind is supposed to have evolved past these primal beings. Yet a monkey with comical banana peels is supposedly beating out a man with fun explosives!?

Pointless observation: People slipping on banana peels is supposed to be funny, but we all see it as annoying.

Underload

Lazy
I don't really find any character to be annoying.

The only annoying thing about Brawl is the buffering system when it comes to jumps, random tripping, and sometimes the powershield window.

I don't really find any character to be annoying.

The only annoying thing about Brawl is the buffering system when it comes to jumps, random tripping, and sometimes the powershield window.
buff system for failed tornados that lead to drill rushes
buff system for aerialing yourself to death from shielding at the edge
tripping I don't care about.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Pierce7d is the enemy to everything Ekans. He is suggesting that snake actually be 4th on the tier list, below an ape. Humankind is supposed to have evolved past these primal beings. Yet a monkey with comical banana peels is supposedly beating out a man with fun explosives!?

Pointless observation: People slipping on banana peels is supposed to be funny, but we all see it as annoying.
I will not stand for these shenanigans!

But seriously I think he's got more negative matchups and he's got a hard counter in Luigi doesn't he?

IxxI

Smash Fence
3 mistakes with against Ganon and they lose a stock. Lol. I played a Ganondorf once without thinking for the lulz. It's a fun game. :D

Nic64

Smash Lord
I could see Diddy being a better character than Snake anyway, not saying it's so but it's a totally reasonable opinion. The funny thing about Pierce's post is that he says Diddy might be better than MK.

Underload

Lazy
1. MK
2. Snake
3. Diddy
4-end of list. blah

That's what I think the list should look like.

There's really a huge dropoff from Diddy to the spot under him, in my mind at least. It's like:

---Snake---MK---Diddy--
|-----------------------|
----Rest of the cast-----

Nic64

Smash Lord
I don't think there is, IC's, Pikachu, and Falco are really good...but I almost kind of agree that at some point it's kind of like "lol who cares", game is so broken and ******** anyway.

Underload

Lazy
Pikachu isn't good enough to get into S Tier.

ICs could break into S Tier, they're about as good as Marth, I'd say.

Falco is pretty good, He'll never break #4. His spot right now is pretty much perfect.

napZzz

Smash Hero

I still think diddy is as good as snake but I dont think he's better... I dunno
1. MK
2. Snake
3. Diddy
4-end of list. blah

That's what I think the list should look like.

There's really a huge dropoff from Diddy to the spot under him, in my mind at least. It's like:

---Snake---MK---Diddy--
----Rest of the cast-----
It should be

mk

snakediddyfalcoic'slawl others

Underload

Lazy
There's a lot of prediction involved. Throw / drop a grenade when you predict tornado, grenade spotdodge when you see fsmash, dsmash, or ftilt, etc etc.

Those are just small examples demonstrating my very LIMITED knowledge of the matchup.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm talking about FOR SURE things however.

Like if X happens what can we do?

(EG: If we powershield up-B at point blank range, what can we do immediately to punish besides OoS uair?)

If we powershield the first hit of dsmash, we can do:
If we powershield the second hit of dsmash, we can do:

Little things like that. It's nice to know ALL of my guarenteed options.

Then comes specific scenarios and distances and what options we have then. <_<

Underload

Lazy
Well, that's pretty easy to figure out. It's mostly frame data.

Like, how much cooldown after the 2nd hit of MK's dsmash comes out vs. how many frames it takes for x move of Snake's to come out.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
"If we powershield up-B at point blank range, what can we do immediately to punish besides OoS uair?"

I would not be able to react. My reaction time sucks so bad right now. I've been playing a lot of SF with my bro (balrog woo!).

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you powershield the grounded up-b you can run forward and go for a pivot grab. You should be able to get him.

MGS3 I would have orginally given a 10/10 for it's storyline concepts and stuff. But after playing Sons of Liberty, I think it's more like a 7 or 8 now. Sons of Liberty is at my top so far for storyline concepts and detail. MGS3 gets my vote for game play.

A word I learned recently against someone: MK ***** Snake when he doesn't have a grenade out at all. I wonder how much truth there is in that.

Nic64

Smash Lord
If Snake didn't have grenades the matchup would be completely hopeless tbh

And MGS2 is like totally impromptu, I think Kojima just randomly wrote the ending one night while he was stoned out of his mind

Top Bottom