• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Who ever has olimar experience? (and a few others I could mention)

I swear, olimar players are hard to come by, and even harder still to find are good olimar players. And when that happens you typically don't ever have any experience against them.

Just picked up Sons of Liberty today. No more big boss, I actually get to play as the solid snake now.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Uhhh..... Make that Raiden. Go get the Twin Snakes for the GC or the original MGS for PSX for Solid Snake.

In fact, I recommend you play he first MGS before you play the second one.

Uhhh..... Make that Raiden. Go get the Twin Snakes for the GC or the original MGS for PSX for Solid Snake.

In fact, I recommend you play he first MGS before you play the second one.
You forget that the Sons of Liberty has two sections. A tanker chapter using Solid Snake, and then you actually get to use Raiden on the next chapter.

I didn't know there was a game for the gamecube. And I really need to learn to look up games before I get some cheap extension game. PSP portable ops + <_< It is not the same as Portable Ops (without the +).

Edit: Nice! Twin Snakes being a remake will make playing the series so much easier. Most places don't accept PS1 games anymore and I was thinking I would be stuck with no MGS1 for a long time.

Finding Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake might be a little bit more difficult.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Side b can go through a grenade without falco getting damage from even if it explodes as long as you space the side b correctly

that's why falco snake is even :3
I'm talking about from the edge, when you are recovering. Or if you are near the edge.

Let's say this is BF:
EDIT:
Wow, that is one ****ty diagram... you'll get the point though
/end edit

----____----
--__-------__---
___~g~______~f~_

_ = stage/platforms
- = air

g = around where grenade should be
f = around where Falco is

At that spacing, unless you run past Snake, or cancel your Phantasm to where it's shortened, you have no retreat option (unless you want to full hop? (maybe SH) and illusion onto a platform. Which isn't one of your better options, but I guess it's there. Too bad it's not there on most other stages ;) )

Ally was also trying to camp you, and was eating an awful amount of lasers.

We need to play next tourney we both show up at. :x I can show you what he was doing wrong, what he could have done, and things I saw that MAY make the matchup (imo) go from 60-40 to 55-45 Snake. (aka: 5 bull**** points)

BTW, SuSa, it cool meeting you over there. You gotta work on your olimar matchup experience haha. I think you were more frustrated than anything and that's why it was so hard for you.
**** THAT MATCHUP I was seriously about to cry from frustration.

If my Ganon does better then my Snake, somethings wrong. Also nice meeting you =p

So your saying that MGS3 had a 2nd disc come with it including MGS2/1?

Well, then it sucks that I get a verison that is only 1 disc. It's subsistence alright, has the 3d camera view.

Tennet

Smash Champion
i beat her so fast... then again my friend made me play on very easy lol i'm too lazy to play on a higher difficulty i mostly just wanted to know the story

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman

If my Ganon does better then my Snake, somethings wrong. Also nice meeting you =p
[/color][/QUOTE]

:laugh: I wasn't used to play ganon with oli. I just assumed that because he was so slow and bad, I would be able to get offensive.. I was proven wrong :laugh:

SuSa

As a wise Ganon main once told me.

"I main Ganon because if my opponent makes 3 mistakes. I win... well.. unless he's Snake. Then he's allowed 4 mistakes.

....**** snake"

I'll record my match vs Bwett's Diddy. He made like 5 mistakes. GAME!

He then didn't use Bananas, and almost 3 stocked me.

Yep... Ganon+Nanners = Br0k3n?

Underload

Lazy
Sorry guys, been spending my time getting the wrong cables from Radio Shack and playing TvC.

The reason I main Snake is because he's...Snake. The badass protagonist from MGS. I picked him up before I knew what the tier list was, or even what a tier list was.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I main Snake cause he's one of my favorite characters of all time.

I also main Pikachu cause he's adorable.

Gotta balance the manly with cuteness.

I main Falco and Snake purely because they make an excellent combo; they cover a lot of match-ups nicely.

It's only after I played with Snake long enough that I actually got to play MGS that I know love the series and actually have a Smash favorite as my main. I doubt I could ever get into Falco enough to play the series. He's just fun to play as.

Edit: xDDD That is so great. I love how you pretty much did a single combo the whole match. I wonder, does replacing Fsmash with Dair so any better or the same?

I think I have to reiterate the "I love SuSa." thing.
Next thing you have to do is create a social group and give everyone banners.

The snake boards are famous for setting up social groups. Like the whole craze with allie or whatever her name was. Then the fence movement.

Edit: Oh and SuSa. Quit pre-stalking me. I swear, anytime I find a thread I want to post in you end up posting in it like 3-4 posts before me. It's like you are reading my mind of where I'll go before I actually go there. :mad:

SuSa

If it looked like I was playing like ****. I wanted to prove how broken that combo was.

Dair doesn't work AFAIK.

Side-B, Glide Toss, Side-B, Jab is the best for damage racking unless you get him below 50% , then just use fsmash (you'll freshen it up anyways)

I ****ed up my uair edgeguard, and failed at recovering twice.... lol

Point being.

Ganon ***** with bananas, and me and Dao (best SoCal Diddy) need to team. Because a 43% combo that KO's starting at like 90% is just ****..

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm already in like 12 groups that basically say "I love SuSa."

But then again, I'm in pretty much every group.

I'm already in like 12 groups that basically say "I love SuSa."

But then again, I'm in pretty much every group.
OMFG!!! You really are in every single social group you could be in.

Underload

Lazy
Uhh, it probably works on some characters. I'd imagine that there's a percentage window, after which they can DI up and in.

Nose goes, loser has to test. *touch*

Well, we know it's not guaranteed. Requires stage spike which equals techable and therefore not 100% accurate.

I'm bored SuSa, and since I have no brawl skill to compete with high level of play I might as well do what I did once before. Drone work xD *starts work on the data*

@SL: What is Pound4?

Oddly enough a ton of people hit the side of the stage when you Bthrow them at 0%. Best set up I think for hitting the croc. Some probably depend upon DI to getting out.

SuSa

It's techable, but even then... meh. It's there. xD

@Darkshadow
I'll probably start recording my "serious" friendlies (ones where we play as gay as possible to eachother. lol...) but no promises. I'm normally way to lazy to record anything.

It's techable, but even then... meh. It's there. xD

@Darkshadow
I'll probably start recording my "serious" friendlies (ones where we play as gay as possible to eachother. lol...) but no promises. I'm normally way to lazy to record anything.
You should post any vids of us playing ;) Just so I can actually have some evidence how I play xD

SuSa

Maybe we can play a bit tomorrow. I'll just need a few matches to adjust to WiFi.

I'll also try to get recent vs Tyrant/DSF/Haze matches if I face them in tourney. (The one replay I have of me vs Tyrant on RC doesn't even display me now >.< and it's not even in a month old... Ally helped me out sooo much.. but I may upload that just to show how to play Snake on RC (about)

Maybe we can play a bit tomorrow. I'll just need a few matches to adjust to WiFi.

I'll also try to get recent vs Tyrant/DSF/Haze matches if I face them in tourney. (The one replay I have of me vs Tyrant on RC doesn't even display me now >.< and it's not even in a month old... Ally helped me out sooo much.. but I may upload that just to show how to play Snake on RC (about)
You'll have to tell others how to play as well considering Ally doesn't post here ever.

In 5 minutes SuSa it will be tomorrow for me ;)

napZzz

Smash Hero
I use snake b/c
1) he's a beast from MGS series
2) he has a bandanna
3) I was born in the year of the snake
4) he has a bandanna :)
I did the same. Until I realized he was just so bad.
Side b can go through a grenade without falco getting damage from even if it explodes as long as you space the side b correctly

that's why falco snake is even :3
Hey SuSa. Listen to the best falco. Ibet his knowledge is better-er than yours and he's smarter.
I'm talking about from the edge, when you are recovering. Or if you are near the edge.

Let's say this is BF:
EDIT:
Wow, that is one ****ty diagram... you'll get the point though
/end edit

----____----
--__-------__---
___~g~______~f~_

_ = stage/platforms
- = air

g = around where grenade should be
f = around where Falco is

At that spacing, unless you run past Snake, or cancel your Phantasm to where it's shortened, you have no retreat option (unless you want to full hop? (maybe SH) and illusion onto a platform. Which isn't one of your better options, but I guess it's there. Too bad it's not there on most other stages ;) )

Ally was also trying to camp you, and was eating an awful amount of lasers.

We need to play next tourney we both show up at. :x I can show you what he was doing wrong, what he could have done, and things I saw that MAY make the matchup (imo) go from 60-40 to 55-45 Snake. (aka: 5 bull**** points)

Umad? Oli ***** snake. 65/35. Easily
As a wise Ganon main once told me.

"I main Ganon because if my opponent makes 3 mistakes. I win... well.. unless he's Snake. Then he's allowed 4 mistakes.

....**** snake"

I'll record my match vs Bwett's Diddy. He made like 5 mistakes. GAME!

He then didn't use Bananas, and almost 3 stocked me.

Yep... Ganon+Nanners = Br0k3n?
I play a rly good ganon alot and I try to avoid using nanners. Maybe just keeping one out I'm always holding. Cuz that flame choke **** is deadly

I'm interested

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Olimar doesn't 65-35 Snake "easily". It's no more than 60-40. I play IcyLight's Olimar ALL the time and easily go even with it, and have beaten BlackWaltz's Olimar. Granted, it's probably Snake's worst matchup, but not 65-35 if the Snake learns the matchup. You've gotten be thinking of wifi.

Top Bottom