• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You get a free win.

EDIT: @SuSa - Stop storming off. Maybe you just have bad luck in brackets. But hey, you beat HugS and Typh... and lost to DSF >.<

Maybe you need to get more practice instead of theorycrafting everything.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Nah. Theorycrafting works.

Getting whorenado'd and being unable to SDI out and pull a grenade was my problem. I literally took at least 100% in 1 match off of whorenado alone in match 2. And a good 80% in match 3. (spread out over stocks)

He noticed I was using grenades a little to much, so my shield was weakening. He took that as an oppurtunity to use tornado to shield poke me.

Which was smart.

But yeah, I'm going to be practicing SDI'ing out of that stupid tornado. <_< So next time it doesn't eat me alive.

EDIT:
@underload
You assume Sheik is new to me or I always go Snake in friendlies (I rarely use him outside of tournaments/wifi (where she is HORRIBLE) or that I haven't been using Sheik since before I ever started Snake. You then assume Brawl takes any real skill. But heres a newsflash:
If you just learn the game rather then a character, you already have an advantage over a majority of smashers.

Simply knowing the game and being able to read people will literally change close matches to 2-3 stock matches. The sad part, is I'd say only 10% of people who go to a tournament really truly know the game, and out of those only a good 5% are actually good at reading.

I took Oki, as a G&W, to Brinstar. Where his smashes can kill me at like 60%, and I won't kill him to 90% + (due to bucket braking) unless I get a lucky tipper usmash (which I did 1st stock). If I noticed he had switched after my character pick, I would have called it and he would not have been able to go G&W. He would have stayed D3, and been rather screwed.

Sheik does better then my Snake in friendlies. I rarely get to have MM's, but when I do I prefer to go Snake/Ganon. Since I use Sheik more in friendlies, Snake still needs some practice. And I like to embarrass people by going Ganon.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You should lrn2brinstar so you can fight against the Wario. IIRC, Snake's downthrow is very effective here in certain areas.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wasn't at HOBO 18 O Serin lol.

Also, characters with grab infinites on Wario:

Ganon
Bowser
Falcon
Ike
Zelda
Yoshi
ZSS (Her "usual" Grab release to Dsmash infinite was busted quite a bit ago, but the harder version where she does it just like Yoshi might be legit. )
Sonic (If you have no jumps and he is able to guarantee continuous air releases, like over the edge, then he can infinite you. A few other characters are like this as well.)

Everyone that can infinite him like that he still has the advantage on. It's really a complex thing (Air Release Infinites and Rules concerning them). I've talked about with a few other character boards in the past.

etecoon

Smash Hero
in theory snake can infinite wario too(along with like 10 other characters), I'd like to see that in practice though...not as if grab tricks were ever going to destroy wario anyway

(and IC's while we're talking about non-grab release infinites)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude if Razer C4 sticky me, I will purposefully let him blow me up. Right before I am hit, I will SH. Then, I will SDI down and tech it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The best part about doing stuff like that is doing it to MK. You LET him hit you, SDI and Tech, and counter in place. I've almost gotten the Fair SDI to tech timing down good enough to where I can Tech in Place/close to MK and fart on him before he can react lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The thing ADHD found has been proven false/not reliable. One of my earlier posts happened to be correct and Debunked it sadly. Basically, if you pulled it off without a hitch, then you would kill Snake and other characters fairly early. However even IF you pulled it off, they can technically SDI the hit, tech it, and counter Diddy while he is vulnerable, which makes it kinda useless if the opponent knows about it lol.

:( Sorry ADHD :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There is that, and also the whole "throw a banana between ftilt hits" if you shield the first one.
Although that particular one was older (apparently not publicly/widespread known until fairly recently).

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
o.o Lol Fiction. And yet, he can only get to that "he's kinda good" point =3

<3 SuSa though

@DMG - I'm talking a while back when you took him to Brinstar and ran the time out on him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I DID do the ladder last season. Made like 45th in one day (was last day, I procrastinated too bad and was left with 24 hours to make it lol).

In playoffs I didn't win a single game though lol. I basically had to forfeit two times in a row cause I was staying in Dallas for Longer than I expected (that and I didn't know that Playoff Rounds were literally separated only by a day). But I still got a Top 60 Ladder Badge which was kinda cool

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
@ SuSa -That ain't choking. You got 3-stocked. Twice. Dem be Inuis. I had Reflex first round. That scared me ****less.

@ DMG - The new ladder just started. You should do it again so you can lose to my D3 =3

@ Darkshadow7827 - Power *****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Serin- I don't go Wario on the Ladder. I usually just go G&W and abuse the fact that it is Lol-fi.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I 2 stocked him first game. Then I SD'd second life of 2nd game. I somehow buffered an fair. Fair + Snake = death. <_<

After that SD, it was **** playing and more SD's (I SD'd 3rd game with a c4, and SD'd against Oki)

Read:
I started choking hard.

PR = Power Ranked

Read:
Top 10-25 (It hasn't been long enough for 25) players in a region

My name was brought up, but considering I always lose to the PR, and only beat honourable mentions (11-13 on the PR.. lulz. We didn't have enough people for a 15 man PR as of right now. So we made it Top 10 with 3 honorables)

My friend Dao is an honorable mention. Which means if I just STEP IT UP and stop choking on PR'd players, I'd be honorable mention as well. Possibly PR'd.

Thing is:
I don't really care about PR

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
so is it bad that i go running at midnight?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I DID do the ladder last season. Made like 45th in one day (was last day, I procrastinated too bad and was left with 24 hours to make it lol).

In playoffs I didn't win a single game though lol. I basically had to forfeit two times in a row cause I was staying in Dallas for Longer than I expected (that and I didn't know that Playoff Rounds were literally separated only by a day). But I still got a Top 60 Ladder Badge which was kinda cool
DMG didn't forfeit to me because he was in Dallas. He forfeited to me because I'm me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I work out at 3 AM. I would go running, but there are a lot of crackheads around my area. It's generally pretty quiet though.
I got back about twenty minutes ago.

Its so nice to run at midnight. Its nice and cool, you can hit up a hooker a long the way, you don't have to worry about running into other pedestrians.

Its nice.

Top Bottom