• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I really like EternalYoshi's Snake textures. Ike's sword is really cool looking with the blackness to it :)

I forgot to mention you guys I'm taking leave of Smash till next summer. I've come to realize that constant wifi isn't going to help me to improve any even if I kept it up for another year. Better to wait till the time I can get offline stuff going rather than sit around with wifi constantly. Plus, this commitment gives me much more free time on my hands with school fast approaching.

Although, since I won't be on here as often that means someone will have to take over the Stage Discussion thread or wait a bit longer between discussions. But considering the Snake Boards lack of interest, information for the stages has been rather limited >_> I mean I only type up what everyone mentiones. Well, whatever. I doubt anyone would take over the stage discussion at any rate. So I guess it's just going to die for now.

I also doubt anyone will really notice I'm gone either xD To those that do, see you next summer or maybe ever so often here.

Tennet

Smash Champion
#2 Panda, and personally i've been watching DBZ. I'm at the end of the lulzy Garlic Jr arc

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
You should, welcome him into your heart.
Hes amazing, he can turn people into critters and lay down voodoo wards that trap and kill your opponent, just like Wario/Snake.

All snake mains should embrace and change their avatar. Wario mains are welcome to.

So snake mains what big tournament should i attend. Im having trouble deciding. After Apex, i wanna go to another.
pound 4

if your *** isnt there ima be mad >:[
there should be another 1 in md/va i think? or in nj....come to that too!

SuSa

Banned via Administration

I was just theorycrafting a bit, and looking back on past experiences.

1) Those who camp, if a person knows the "safe zones" in the camping. Will **** you.
2) If you are a mobile camper who can still manage to space well. You will ****.
3) If you are too aggressive, you will **** up your spacing or make a mistake or opening. You suck.
4) You can be a mobile camper even without projectiles. (See: Falcon/Ganon)
5) Link is the worst character in the game. People just need to learn how to do #1 (powershield and abuse "safe zones") Zelda is the 2nd worst.
6) Ganon is easily mid tier, with Falcon a few spots below him
7) Someones going to flame me for the above.
8) Sheik is easily top of B tier.
9) People will flame me for that as well.

Underload

Lazy
1) I don't really know what the safe zones are, physically. I may use them subconsciously or something like that, but iunno them for sure.

2) Don't know the definition of a mobile camper, and if it even applies to Snake / Diddy.

3) I can be aggressive sometimes with both Smake and Didduh.

4) Okay.

5) I agree with Link being the worst, but I think there's at least a few characters that are a lot worse than Zelda.

6) Overshooting a little bit, I think. He might be D tier material (don't see what makes him that much worse than Ike, Zelda, or Bowser), but not good enough for C. There's just no one that represents him well enough.

7) ^^If you consider that flaming, then... :/

8. Maybe. If someone can go pure Sheik (like Dark.Pch does with Peach) and place in the money at relatively large tournies (Lucario: Lee Martin, ZSS: NickRiddle, Toon Link: Chip) then I think she can bust through C tier. B tier is kinda wonky in itself, but there's some good tourney-viable characters there (Pit not being one of them), so I can't give a definite answer.

9. Nah, I see where you're coming from.

Notes cuz I feel like it:
- ZSS is still too low
- Toon Link deserves to go up
- Lucario isn't the best in B tier
- Pit needs to go down to C until someone can prove to me he's as good as ZSS
- Peach needs to go up NOW.
- Sheik has potential
- Kirby isn't A tier material
- S tier: 1. MK 2. Snake 3. Diddy 4. Wario / Falco (honestly I can't decide which is better) 6. King Dedede
- Wolf needs a little more attention
- PT deserves to go into C tier JUST because of Reflex and Typh
- Ness is good enough to snag Bowser's spot at the top of D tier (see: Timotee and FOW)
- Yoshi should be top of E tier with Lucas + Mario going down, and Ness going up to D
- Link and Jigglypuff are the two worst characters in Brawl

plz flame?

Tennet

Smash Champion
Underload you suck.

I got pissed at a kid trying to tell me link is good...
he was like IN THE RIGHT HANDS1111111

Underload

Lazy
Everything TL does, Link does 10x worse. Honestly.

Projectiles: not as good
Recovery: horribad
Techs: DACUS is the only thing he has that TL really doesn't.
Mechanics: Slow and vulnerable

SuSa

Jigglypuff is also slightly better then given credit. Not bottom 3, but still bottom IMO.

1) Safe zones are just outside of a further punishable range. Most people know these areas as areas that setup "frame traps" (you have a very small window that you must know is there to be able to escape).

2) Everyone can camp while moving. It's where you avoid approaching, but you don't just stand in one spot all day camping. (EG: Most Falco's aren't very mobile campers. <_< The ones that are, beat me.... which so far makes 1 player.... and IMO I'd say the other Falco's are "better players" then him, but they still lose due to a bad strategy thought good.

3) It's possible, just not the best. (Much like camping) Once people learn how to punish you properly, you are ****ed.

4) Yep.

5) Eh. Bottom tier is fuzzy anyways.... I just feel Link is the WORST but thought slightly better because practically nobody knows his safe zones.

6) Bottom of C tier. I probably should have said "bottom of mid tier" <_<

7) That wasn't flaming. :p

8) I'm going Sheik for winners this Saturday at a tournament. Hopefully I don't lose. ;) (If I do, I'm going Snake)

9) Agreed for the most part. Except Falco. IMO STILL overrated. People don't know how to deal with his camping and safe zones properly... -_- I think Falco is mid or bottom of A tier.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh Great. Now Smash Blue is glitching up too.

Anyway rated, this is how it looks so far.

Anyway,

1. Not that much though.I It's not like in Melee where one error in camping would most of the time cost you your stock.

2. Mobile campers fare better in Melee since the Brawl engine doesn't give you much options while mobile.

3. The game doesn't promote agressiveness, or persistent offensive play in general due to the lack of options on this matter.

4. Yes. See: Melee Falcon. You can't be a mobile camper without mobility.

5. I think Link is second worst and Ganon is still the worst. A mobile camper that doesn't have mobility is like a defensive fighting Pokemon, stupid(See: Hitmontop: one of the worst users of intimidate). Ganon's mediocre horizontal air speed doesn't help either.

Also, Zelda is better than Link, Ganon, Samus, Yoshi, Mario, and the Mother boys.

6. Yeahh...... no. See: above.

7. Not a flame. Just a retcon.

8.Sheik has potential, but someone has to prove that she deserves to be higher than she is now.

9. I don't think they will.

TL is where he is now primarily due to weaknesses that stem from the game engine.

Tennet

Smash Champion
[color=ffccd30]EY that looks awesome lol

how do you even get in a habit of putting in the color...i need to develop a habit -__-[/color]

SuSa

1-4) Melee is different, I understand that.

5) See: Safe Zones.

Ganon lacks recovery to a degree, and ability to avoid being juggled to infinity and beyond. Knowing safe zones really ups his game if you can simply powershield... <_<

6) :x

8) I'll be trying to do so. First Sheik tourney this Saturday.

9) I think someone will.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so at an upcoming tourney I have the option of teaming with 2 players.

one uses pit/zss and the other uses ganon/wario being main then 2nd. Idk which one to pick :/ someone help!

imo I'd go with the pit player, he can cover the air while you cover the ground and arrows and nades can work together.

wario would probably be the better choice but thats not that players main so its really up to you wheter you feel its up to par or not.

I like all the feedback I got on my vid, thanks guys :ohwell:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
*Looks at the first 2 pages*

Oh. That explains the new sticky. Almost reminded me of the Sonic boards right after Brawl came out.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey SuSa, just a couple points on that thread.

1 change response to resond
2 add a "don't" in the "please do the same" statement so it looks like "please don't do the same."

LOL I know I'm picky, just pointing it out XD

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Uhm, SuSa, why the **** do you still have this stickied?

It's the social thread. It's not going to die out. You might as well de-stick it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How horrible, you should get a hold of this infestation this minute.

Also, I think I am gonna drop Snake for Marth. :) Or try to learn sheik, she sounds cool

AfroQT

Smash Master
Pollywog Priest welcomes all.

Btw, Ganon/Falcon and Jiggs are all terrible.

They are so terrible its not even worth discussing them on tier lists. Just put them really close to the bottom. They all really suck.

AfroQT

Smash Master
You know its true, Ganon and Falcon literally have like...no positives in terms of character attributes.
When you compare them to other characters they get even worse.
You literally have to win by HOPING that the other player is terrible.

Jiggs is meh, Jiggs has some things going for her. Like aerial mobility, multiple jumps blah blah. But again when compared to the top ...15 of the cast...it really doesnt matter.

Top Bottom