• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You know, I've said many times (and ages ago) if you want to see something done, all you have to do is message me and show that other people support your wanted changes. (EG: Make a thread for people to show support)

IxxI

Smash Fence
We need to update the Snake guide, SRSLY. Too many words.
All we need in that guide is "Spam nades' and FTilt."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The guide is actually pretty accurate and I updated it a bit with some special links. I may have missed a few or there are newer things which can be added (ZLG and platform dropping for the grenade strats) but it's... truthfully not that outdated at all. <_<

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If you want to change it then you can just make a new thread with an updated, altered guide, or PM a mod with what you want it to be and they'll change it for ya.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
^^ What SP & Susa said. I'm trying to figure out how Zamus's suit is mirrored. Some parts like her hand and feet are obvious, and it's not hard to find her chest(they have their own bone ID like Falcon's nipples LOL), but I'm trying to figure out where the leg and arm textures are.

IxxI

Smash Fence
The guide is actually pretty accurate and I updated it a bit with some special links. I may have missed a few or there are newer things which can be added (ZLG and platform dropping for the grenade strats) but it's... truthfully not that outdated at all. <_<
I agree, but it feels old. xD

In other news, some kid wants to play me for $50 at school in MELEE. Free money?

IxxI

Smash Fence
If he's a really good tourneyf*g you'll feel dumb. Watch him play somebody else first.
I played him last semester for $200, he doesn't know how to do any of the tourney stuff. I do. My Marth is quite sexy if I do say so myself. He wants a rematch because he "practiced all summer". In the first semester he used Roy, now he plays Ganondorf. Roy should be self explanatory in itself. :laugh:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL find out if he's ever been to a tourney. If not, take his money. If he has, play him in a friendly and sand bag so he doesn't see how good you are, and then take his money. :D

Edit: If that's the case, take his money!!

Underload

Lazy
Umm, so, okay, about the boards n' stuff.

1. There needs to be someone that will actually update the matchup thread (last updated: July 19th. Wtf?). The matchup thread needs to be completely streamlined, it'll be much more visually appealing and will make looking up a specific matchup up a lot easier. (THIS is a great matchup thread. Completely streamlined with each matchup having their own thread, AND a link to the opinions of the opposite character board. Easy to recognize matchups that have and haven't been discussed.) Even Afro says that more than half of our matchups are EXTREMELY outdated.

2. FAQ thread needs to be expanded on and made a bit more visually appealing. It's not bad, per se, but it ain't good either. There's a lot more effort that could be put into the questions themselves, all of them are pretty general and non-informative, summer of 2008-ish stuff. We can expand on it a lot more. It hasn't been updated since May, AND that update was by SuSa, not the thread creator (Ken).

3. Stage thread actually isn't that bad. Maybe if Velox could be a little more consistent with all the summaries (plus add a link to the post in the thread where the specific discussion begins), then we'd have a **** fine stage thread. What I mean by consistency is basically having the info organized into specific categories:

Good for Snake? (simple yes or no)

General Information (if the stage transforms like Castle Siege or Delfino, then have a short little subsection for each)

Who should I counterpick here?

That's basically it. And, the colors and the fonts kinda change throughout the whole thing, which looks kinda unprofessional (it's not like we're pros or anything, but you get the idea)

4. Video thread needs hype. In the Fray and Into the Fray as titles for the video thread and general guide (respectively) are kinda confusing, that might warrant a change. Get some visuals next to the character name maybe? (I'm talkin' about these things :mario2:) and overall clean it up. Maybe go fishing for some newer videos once in a while, and organize the videos by matchup, not player.

For example,

Snake :snake:
Underload vs. Zajice 1; August 11th, 2009
Underload vs. Zajice 2; August 11th, 2009
Underload vs. Zajice 3; August 11th, 2009

Afro Thundah vs. Ally 1; December 21st, 2012
Afro Thundah vs. Ally 2; December 21st, 2012

You get the idea. Of course, those matches will actually have Youtube urls behind them. Looks a lot more appealing, and you can kinda look for players while having the videos themselves categorized by matchup.

5. Wtf is with the guide. Last edited by abit_rusty; 12-28-2008 at 08:43 PM.

That is all. UPDATE THE ****ER WITH NEW TECHS.

6. Frame data needs TONS more hype. Great thread overall.

7. The thread with all the links is pretty coo'.

Yes I know I'm being a nagging nancy and control freak :/ Step it up, Snake boards. Our stickies DO need work :/ :/ :/ :/

edit: Oh, and one last thing. The titles themselves could be changed to look, iunno, nicer. It isn't really that big of a deal, but I might as well say it. Into the Fray and In the Fray are kinda the same thing, and I get confused when I glance at the two.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
I played him last semester for $200, he doesn't know how to do any of the tourney stuff. I do. My Marth is quite sexy if I do say so myself. He wants a rematch because he "practiced all summer". In the first semester he used Roy, now he plays Ganondorf. Roy should be self explanatory in itself. :laugh:
lol ganon is actually kind of hard for marth. but haha i wish i had mm's like that.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That ZSS (The last one stands for snake...get it?) turned me on a little...then Vajice decided to mention the beard.

That's right. You're nickname is Vajice now.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL You can do the Matchup thread yourself if you'd like, Underload. I used to do that until I realized I'd be leaving in a couple months and there was no point to it. Plus, it's a lot more work than one would think. PM me if you want to do it.

As for the FAQ, I typed up the answers for about thirty to forty questions IIRC, only to have it come up with an error when I tried to post it. I lost the entire thing, and was too frustrated to want to do it again. I typed up a couple of questions that were asked a ton, and called it good for now. If people want to type up a bunch of Q&As for me I'll update them into the OP.

As for the other things, threads may not seem that hard to keep up-to-date, until you actually try them and see how much of a pain it is to keep it up to date. I'm sure no one would mind if you wanted to make a new video thread or something. Then SuSa could just unsticky the old one and sticky the new one.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
PM me if you want the matchup thread. That thread could use the updates.

And a new video thread would be nice. If you put my vids in, that is :D

Top Bottom