• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Qusestion the Falcos!

All credit for this idea goes to Kyon.

I'm going to turn this thread into a sort of daily qusestion thread. Each day or every couple of days depending upon how active you all are, a new qusestion will be added. I'll even catalog them for anyone who is interested. Today's qusestion:
What sort of motto do you live by?

8/30-31/10
Do you prefer melee falco or brawl falco?

8/28-29/10
What is your favorite type of music and would be Falco's favorite type of music be?

8/27/10
What is your favorite, and most hated match-up? And why.

8/26/10
Do you ever taunt during tournaments? If so, when?

8/25/10
What is your favorite type of bread?

8/18/10
Why did you pick up falco, and how many of you have even played a single game where falco was even part of the game?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I picked up Falco because he just felt right from the beginning in Brawl. He was also pretty cool in Melee so that helped me try him out, but yeah I've been maining Falco since I first used him.

Starfox 64 playa, don't test. Haven't played others much though because Starfox 64 da bess and nobody can barrel roll like me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I picked up Falco because his jab is fun to abuse.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i was using fox then made the jump to falco cause i liked to spike my friends.

I own star fox assault for the game cube its a terrible game

I really have no idea why I used Falco. I think it's because of Melee that my interest peaked. Eventually, the lure of the CG-Death against most of the cast was pretty aluring. Even after I figured out the CG was overrated indeed, I liked the sort of playstyle falco offered me. No other character has been able to do that for me as of yet.

The only starfox game I ever played was the dino. one. Cameo appearence by falco in the final battle lol

swordsaint

Smash Master
When I first started out in tournaments I used Marth and Wolf, but before tournaments I liked Ike. The natural progression of Ike > Snake kicked in and the allure of high tiers was too much. I started using MK and Snake for a while there as secondaries to Pit (Idk how that happened). And as another player in my region that was good used Wolf, I picked up Falco to counter him at the time.

So I ended up with characters varying between MK, Snake, Falco, Pit and Marth. Over time Marth dropped out, and I grew hatred towards Snake's recovery. My Falco started getting better than my Pit and MK so I started using him a little more than Pit and MK and started doing a little better. Pit was then dropped and I had the Falco/MK combination for difficult matchups.

lol >_>

M@v

Subarashii!
Picked up falco early '09, officially starting maining him june '09.

I've played every starfox game (including starfox 2*whistles*) minus command.

TEXT

TEXT

lol
I wonder if your high tier pull was the same as mine. Can outcamp everyone.

I've played every starfox game (including starfox 2*whistles*) minus command.
What is the general feel of the star fox games? The gameplay I mean. I assume that starfox 2 is a hard find or something like that? I heard the dinosaur one was not all that great. It was okay to play once, but not anything more than that. Scarab dino ghost dude was creepy.

M@v

Subarashii!
starfox2 was never released. it was for snes. They scrapped it, even though it was complete, to make what became starfox 64 on n64

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I saw BluB's 1st combo vid and thought it was mad cool. They I played/saw Jon's Falco and thought it was mad cool.

And I watched on as some of my friends play the N64 Starfox as Falco is just there being useless while fox *****.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I saw some videos of SK92 at the end of 2008 and he somehow looked so flashy back then and that inspired me to play Falco.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
When I got Brawl, I knew the space animals would be the most fun for me to play. I tried Fox, then Wolf then Falco, and Falco just felt the best to me. I'd say my main inspiration at the beginning was Slashtalon's combo videos. Then I saw lots of Sethlon and SK92 videos. xD

After that I've had tons of unsuccesful secondaries before I settled on Fox, which I use almost exclusively in doubles.

I played Star Fox 64 and it was one of my favorite N64 games, probably a big reason for which I play a space animal today.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I realized that Samus wasn't good enough for me in Brawl even though I really liked her. So I played Falco because he was somewhat similar but "a good character". I played him for about a year and then I mostly dropped him for DeDeDe on a whim when I realized how good shield-grabbing was.

I first got significantly good at the game with DeDeDe which is when I started winning or placing top 3 or so at locals using MK or sometimes Falco for bad matchups.

After a about a year or so, I realized that DeDeDe was best used as a pocket character and had too many bad matchups / not enough versatility to be used as a starter character. I really loved DeDeDe and still do, but that issue with his design is undeniable. So, back to Falco it was.

When I went back to Falco, I was a lot better than when I initially picked him up and I realized a lot of his strengths that I previously didn't see.

I still don't think Falco is as good as most people say he is, but he's unquestionably top tier and I like most of what he gives me / how he allows me to play. I still play DeDeDe in a decent number of matchups though because I feel that Falco's weight / reliance on perfect playing is a major hindrance that is often overlooked.

Gotta love Lasers, jab, and Phantasm though, boy howdy.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol this is kinda cool.

Stonebaked Middle Eastern flatbread, fresh out the oven.

I know it's only been 12 hours since the last question, but I do not think I'll have time to put up the next question tomorrow since I'll be busy with moving.

Do you ever taunt during tournaments? If so, when?

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
I would only taunt if I got off in a period of like 10 seconds and did **** loads of damage and then either KO'd them or sent them near the edge of the screen.

That, and SD'ing.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
nah I spend the time to set up. I never have the chance to taunt with Falco cuz I'm always behind with him.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I don't taunt during tournaments/playing against people who I don't know. Unless someone was being a huge jerk or something, I would never do that. I taunt my friends / during friendlies, but I can think of about a million other things that I could be doing in a tournament game--taunting is the last thing I should ever be worried about doing in a serious match.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Taunting is actually a good way to get inside your opponents head, especially if it's something where it's absolutely not deserving of a taunt, it can be irritating to some people.

I managed to find time after all ^_^

I would taunt for simply the reasons Sword Saint mentioned. Falco really has nothing to set-up unlike other characters between stocks. Snake can set-up explosives, others can charge attacks, falco really has nothing like that. I typically just phantasm spam between stocks or SHDL. It's probably better to just taunt in the attempt to get inside someone's head.

Denzi

Smash Master
Taunting is actually a good way to get inside your opponents head, especially if it's something where it's absolutely not deserving of a taunt, it can be irritating to some people.
This.
Rain did it in some of his pools matches and it worked out pretty well. I figure it's worth a shot because we really have nothing else worth doing. It can also cause someone rushing in in an attempt to hit you to get grabbed earlier.

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Haven't Taunted yet in a tourney...

8/25/10
Italin and white simple bread

8/18/10
(I picked up falco in melee because idk he seemd cool LOL...) Im really un sure of the reason why..but ya..I playd a star fox game n64 that had falco in it. I'm really un sure what the game was called.

Move in day is tomorrow early! Going to be really busy all day for sure.

What is your favorite, and most hated match-up? And why.

I really hate playing the ROB match-up. I love playing against Snake.

I dislike ROB because it's incredibly hard I believe to get in on ROB. Yes, I feel I can outcamp him, but all of his moves are fairly safe on block, or have a hard trying to punish anything. Lasering too close has problems and all ROB has to do is hang out at the edge of a Dtilt or fsmash range. I like playing snake because it's a fun challenge rather than an annoying challenge.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
I hate playing against Marth, cuz i feel as if any type of aggression gets punished, making me play mega campy.

I love playing against MK, cuz either one of us gets *****, or it winds up being an intense match.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i hate pikas. not just with falco with everyone. i feel like the only character i use that dosnt have to bad of an mu against him is link -.-

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
My favourite Match Up is snake because Falco can **** him so well.
The Match-up I most dislike probably is ICs. I just hate playing under the pressure that 1 grab = 1 stock but I also don't have that much experience in that match-up.

Top Bottom