• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
This mindset is something that I can definitely relate to. Dekar is growing up.

It's easy when you're young to play video games, because, well, the world is full of opportunities. There isn't one thing that requires particular focus, so you can spend your time doing whatever you please.

But then you get older, and a lot of those opportunities either eventualize, or disappear. Suddenly that freedom you once had is significantly diminished. If you want to achieve something in life, time needs to be directed into making the most of any opportunities you have left. Those opportunities won't be around forever.

At which point, smash gets demoted to hobby-status.

I also understand not wanting to lose, but also not having the time or energy required to win. It's a depressing thought, and something I have battled with for a number of years now. My reign in brawl ended not because I was truly trumped, but because I became unable to practice the game. I could see and feel my play worsening, but at the same time, felt unable to do anything about it. Watching yourself unable to do what you could before... It's hard.

So I can understand where Dekar is coming from because I've been there myself.

In the end, I'm still around because I think the scene can benefit from my presence. Even though I'm not winning anymore, I'm still around because I benefit the scene in other ways, and to be fair, that's why I don't think I can quit.

And I don't think Dekar can either.

You're one of us Dekar, you love smash and you love competing. Even if you're not winning, I find it hard to believe you're going anywhere.

You're just growing up.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
to be brutally honest
at first i was upset that it took me this long to get to this point, like it was my fault that i was so slow
but hearing that you and others have come from the same place is a godsend
thanks attila

jim, that cave dude can wait for a while but i hope we can wait for him

Last edited:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
You guys are gonna be so mad when I make big dollas selling the signed pic of Dekar I got at a tourney once on Ebay. ****'s gonna be worth thousands soon.

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
i really need an explanation

great thread, everyone. i'm glad we all learned something today about how dave has updated his consciousness' firmware. i could tell dave was getting old when he brought sunnies to a party so he could sleep without people knowing. at the end of the day i confused jamie with a link, we all had a big emotional post & dave grew up from being the boy from boronia to OG status. thanks everyone. we all did what we were supposed to do in this thread. this calls for a celebration... in the cave!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IEDM0mvWgg

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
You guys are gonna be so mad when I make big dollas selling the signed pic of Dekar I got at a tourney once on Ebay. ****'s gonna be worth thousands soon.
someone owns a miles warehouse 2 poster where dekar accidently signed 'dave' instead of 'dekar' unlike every other poster. That's going to be worth millions, how's that for limited edition?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ignorino this posterino, decided to take it to a pm instead
this is the cue to let the thread die
thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom