• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick trick: easy backdash -> short EF

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Edit: For why this "seems" to work and a shortcut to achieve the same effect, see below post.

I've seen some players on this forum complain that it's difficult to get a short EF out after a dash back. I've been doing this quite a lot, and I find the easiest way to perform it is to do a quarter-circle motion after the dash back. Using terminology you might find on the ryu/ken boards, the input for this is 4236: back, followed by a quarter circle from down to forward. This will register as a tilt instead of a smash, and come out instantly after the dash.

Might be common knowledge, but I thought it could help someone.

Last edited:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Update: Through closer examination, it seems there's a threshold from above the diagonal to somewhat below the horizontal where it will produce a tilt sideB even if you smash the stick, no rolling the stick necessary. I'm probably hitting B within this threshold during the quarter-circle input, hence this post.

Last edited:

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
This tech is very useful and can also help when ledge trapping. Just do the same thing from a standing position.

Top Bottom