• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Question about ZSS.......

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
So basically my main character in SSB4 is ZZS (obv) and i love playing as her a lot. Anyways i'm always losing in 1 vs 1 mode online and every time i battle someone i can't really kill them. I mean i get their HP to like 150% but they seem to keep on recovering...

Don't go saying "Well you suck so" or "Try a new character". All i want to know is how can you send the opponent flying using ZZS?

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
Well, you're really not supposed to get them that high. You're supposed to have practiced kill combos and setups that work from 40-70% on most characters. If they fall out of the range of whatever kill combos work on them, you're going to have a very tough time killing. You're going to have to fish for Bair, Dsmash, and high Uair, praying one will land. Baiting Airdodges, reading patterns, etc.

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
Well, you're really not supposed to get them that high. You're supposed to have practiced kill combos and setups that work from 40-70% on most characters. If they fall out of the range of whatever kill combos work on them, you're going to have a very tough time killing. You're going to have to fish for Bair, Dsmash, and high Uair, praying one will land. Baiting Airdodges, reading patterns, etc.
Any suggestions??

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
The suggestions were in my last two sentences. Fish for Bair, Dsmash, and high Uair. Bait airdodges and read patterns.

As for low% kill combos, Dthrow/landing Uair > FH Uair > DJ Uair > Boost Kick can work, as can Nair/Dsmash > Flip Jump kick. Research for yourself: watch videos and test stuff out.

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
The suggestions were in my last two sentences. Fish for Bair, Dsmash, and high Uair. Bait airdodges and read patterns.

As for low% kill combos, Dthrow/landing Uair > FH Uair > DJ Uair > Boost Kick can work, as can Nair/Dsmash > Flip Jump kick. Research for yourself: watch videos and test stuff out.
I'm not familiar with all those abbreviations and stuff...can u like dumb it down?

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
Bair = Back-Air
Dsmash = Down-Smash
Uair = Up-Air
FH = Full-hop
DJ = Double-Jump
Nair = Neutral-Air