• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Falco Question

Berrychan21

Smash Rookie
So I was watching Apex 2013 Brawl USA vs. World, and DEHF was going hard. One thing I noticed was that he would do Falco's reflector while on the edge. I tried to mimic him but noticed when I dropped, jumped, and did the reflector, I wouldn't grab back onto the stage again; I just slipped past it. Any suggestions because I'm sure it's an easy fix. Thanks.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
So I was watching Apex 2013 Brawl USA vs. World, and DEHF was going hard. One thing I noticed was that he would do Falco's reflector while on the edge. I tried to mimic him but noticed when I dropped, jumped, and did the reflector, I wouldn't grab back onto the stage again; I just slipped past it. Any suggestions because I'm sure it's an easy fix. Thanks.
Well, I'm not good at explaining things, but think of it like this. You're doing a retreating ledge drop jump reflector. Since you're retreating lean forward at first then try to retreat and get as close to the ledge as possible. If this isn't the problem, then maybe you're just not doing reflector fast enough out of the ledge drop > jump. :I

dengel

Smash Cadet
Trollby's right; you're probably not doing it fast enough. I do it the same way I do IAP. I set "y" to special and press
down (hold) > jump (x) > special (y)
Roll your thumb from x to y to make it come out instantly

Top Bottom