• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick-Draw Ricochet: Game Over; you can only avoid the sudden-ness of death for so long... Unless you're Werekill

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh

i forgot about this

can i still vote and submit an action LOL

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"It's your host, UtopianPoyzin, live at the first shot of the day. And boy do we have a spectacle to commentate with you all. Phase 1 will be commented from Z25/ShinyLegendary's point of view (because why not)"

"Right off the bat, we see Werekill of Gilead chasing down Z25. Z25 is trying his best to get out of his tricky situation because he knows that Werekill is trying to get him down. Before long, Z25 bumps into giraffelaserGUN (I heart Moydow), and oh boy does he look mad. Toaster "Uhhh uhhhhhh uh" Brains sees GLG and the look in his eye, and before Z25 can react, jumps heroically in front of the bullet while firing one of their own. Sadly though, ToasterBrains' gun misfired, and he was left with a bullet to the face by GLG. What a shame."

"Z25 doesn't have much time! There he goes scrambling to find somebody to kill! He runs up to Pokechu, and says "why did you conspire to kill me in the last game of Ricochet?" Pokechu says nothing but shoots air to apologize. But then Z25 sees Moydow. Oh no, Moydow is breaking into a sprint at Z25! Z25 turns around, but sees Werekill right behind him! Oh my, the intensity is intesifying! Suddenly, Alice Phantasma swoops in on a vine (that isn't attached to anything) and unleashes fire on Z25. But turns out... it was ShinyLegendary all along! Z25 ACTUALLY sat down immediately when the phase started and misfired at the air! After ShinyLegendary died, Werekill and Moydow walked up to the corpse and shot it a few times for good measure. However, when all hope seemed lost for ShinyLegendary, a new figure walked out in the midst of the chaos: #HBC | Nabe. Commanding instant respect, Nabe walked up to where ShinyLegendary was laid, and shot the air directly above the body just to prove their dominance over the dead figure."

"And that's the end of phase 1! Did I exaggerate a bit? Hell yeah! Will I leave a list of what actually happened below? Of course! Besides that, the next phase will end on March 4th at 5:00 PM. 4 was a bad time and I'm sorry for even setting it. Good luck to the remaining contenders!"

------------------------------------------

Item Results:

Nabe: 3 Votes (GLG, Shiny, Werekill)
Shiny: 1 Vote (Z25)
Moy: 1 Vote (Alice)
Werekill: 1 Vote (Nabe)

Nabe gets the first pick for the item of their choice! Congrats!

And it looks like there's a three way tie for second. RNG says... 3! Werekill gets the second choice of item!

Nobody gets third choice, so the leftover item is discarded.

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots ShinyLegendary (0/1, ShinyLegendary is DEFEATED)
ToasterBrains: Misfires
giraffelasergun: Shoots ToasterBrains (0/1, ToasterBrains is DEFEATED)
Z25: Misfires
ShinyLegendary: Defends Moydow (Awww)
Moydow: Shoots ShinyLegendary (You monster)
Alice Phantasma: Shoots ShinyLegendary (You monster)
#HBC | Nabe: Shoots Air
Pokechu: Shoots Air

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 1/1
Pyra Pyra : 0/1
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun : 1/1
Z25 Z25 : 1/1
@ShinyLegendary : 0/1 (-2/1)
Moydow Moydow : 1/1
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma : 1/1
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : 1/1
Pokechu Pokechu : 1/1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unfinished Flavor Text

Item Results:

Nabe: 3 Votes (GLG, Shiny, Werekill)
Shiny: 1 Vote (Z25)
Moy: 1 Vote (Alice)
Werekill: 1 Vote (Nabe)

Nabe gets the first pick for the item of their choice! Congrats!

And it looks like there's a three way tie for second. RNG says... 3! Werekill gets the second choice of item!

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots ShinyLegendary (0/9, ShinyLegendary is DEFEATED)
ToasterBrains: Misfires
giraffelasergun: Shoots ToasterBrains (0/9, ToasterBrains is DEFEATED)
Z25: Misfires
ShinyLegendary: Defends Moydow (Awww)
Moydow: Shoots ShinyLegendary (You monster)
Alice Phantasma: Shoots ShinyLegendary (You monster)
Pokechu: Shoots Air

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 1/9
Pyra Pyra : 0/9
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun : 1/9
Z25 Z25 : 1/9
@ShinyLegendary : 0/9 (-2/9)
Moydow Moydow : 1/9
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma : 1/9
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : 1/9
Pokechu Pokechu : 1/9
So, am I dead?

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
huh. I'm surprised we all targeted like 2 people that phase. I'm use to these ending in like 3 turns.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote, and cannot decide which item is received by the player they vote for.
Thank Nabe because you cannot vote for yourself.

Item 1, owned by Werekill: Super Armor

On the turn that you use it, the Super Armor will increase your life capacity to 2 hits and will heal 1 hitpoint of damage. If you aren't targeted during the phase you use it, your HP becomes 2/2. If you ARE targeted and you take a damage, you are still at 1/2. If two or more people target you, you'll still die.

Item 2, owned by Pokechu: The Splitshot [Player]

Lets you shoot an additional player alongside your standard action. You can shoot somebody else for your standard action, but the "additional player" cannot be the same player, obviously.

Item 3, which has been discarded: Safety Corner

Lets you shoot self without penalty (no damage for self shots) for one turn when you use it.

Do we publicly declare our choices or in PM?
Public declare; everybody should know about the item you select.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh btw I'm taking the Splitshot

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Agree to defend me, and I will shoot two players of your choosing. If you actually took the shoot self and not the extra health item, I rescind my offer since it'd be dumb to take the offer.

I will also take competing bids of multiple players agreeing to defend me, if they guarantee votes for me and agree on their targets. IE: 2 players guarantee to vote for me but also say the same targets for me to shoot, in exchange for me shooting their choices.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Oh btw I'm taking the Splitshot

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Agree to defend me, and I will shoot two players of your choosing. If you actually took the shoot self and not the extra health item, I rescind my offer since it'd be dumb to take the offer.

I will also take competing bids of multiple players agreeing to defend me, if they guarantee votes for me and agree on their targets. IE: 2 players guarantee to vote for me but also say the same targets for me to shoot, in exchange for me shooting their choices.
The items you can choose from are the ones below
Item 1: The Breakshot

Use alongside a standard shot to pierce reflection and negation (and nullification, see below).

Item 2: PortaBarrier [Player]

Use with a player name (can be yourself) to nullify all damage that would be dealt to said player on the turn it was used.

Item 3: QUICK-DRAW [Player]

The staple item of the game, and also the namesake. Lets you perform your action instantaneously to the player of your choice without waiting for the phase to end. If you kill that player with the action, then they can no longer act themselves (because they're dead), even if they self-shoot. Still, even if THEY are dead, they can still be defended by another player (for balancing purposes).​

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Vote Alice
Vote Queen Moy Moy

Vote GLG

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh

i thought we could like vote 3 people? for 3 items? or can I not read? I could swear we did that D1 LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh, yeah

Z did

but it was still one back then

LOL

OK, I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought!

Sorry, Moy Moy and GLG, but I shall be pledging allegiance to Alice this phase //salute

Vote Alice

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore What’s your profile picture from? She looks cool
It's actually a commissioned piece. I wanted a synthwave-themed icon without massive sex appeal and **** hanging out, which is kinda a rarity with female synthwave art.

I'll defend you. Shoot whoever though, I'm taking the pacifist route until two people remain.
Sounds cool.

Anyone want to bid for shot target? I'm accepting votes in exchange.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
It's actually a commissioned piece. I wanted a synthwave-themed icon without massive sex appeal and **** hanging out, which is kinda a rarity with female synthwave art.

Sounds cool.

Anyone want to bid for shot target? I'm accepting votes in exchange.

I'll take you up on that. Vote: WereKill

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The boy who cried werewolf?

More like

The boy who cried wereKILL

because he's gonna curb stomp this game LOL

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"Once again, it's your loving host Utopian, and your lovely host Poyzin, here to spectate the events of the SECOND phase of Quick-Draw Ricochet once again! Today, the events will be told from the perspective of Pokechu/Alice. Let's get this show on the road!"

"There goes Pokechu with a quick start off the second horn! After aligning themselves with Alice in between phases by casting matching votes, Pokechu finds her quickly. Moydow though, fresh off of killing ShinyLegendary and on the hunt for fresh kills, is hot on their trail. Ooh, there goes Pokechu trying to dart away from the wrath of the admin. It seems as if all hope is lost, because Pokechu has been corned; they are no match in a 1v1 with Moydow's godlike powers. Pokechu's only hope is to climb, but then they succeed! Pokechu has the high ground, and sends the fatal blow straight through Moydow's chest, sending them backwards off the edge of the obstacle. Moydow, in a final attempt to save themselves, shoots to the air out of neutrality."

"Moydow falls to their death, as awe-invoking rays of light pierce the audience's enraptured state. Z25 shoots towards the sun in the possibility of receiving powers for themselves, and #HBC | Nabe turns to do the same. Oh no, it seems as if Alice is attempting to break free from Pokechu, to try to kill as many pacifists as she can before Moy's ensnare lets free. Poor Pokechu, they are trying to contain her bloodlust, but it is all for naught. Something seems to have ticked a devilish gleam in her eye to take advantage of the peaceful. Nabe never had a moment's notice to avoid the bullet that was travelling through their waist. 'One down; Alice muttered before turning the barrel towards Z25 McCree. Pokechu tried to talk sense to her, but Alice was already pulling the trigger. 'No bullets' Pokechu thought, but they did nothing to try to prevent the tragedy that would inevitably befall Alice Phantasma."

"There they go, it's the famed 'tea-sipping' Werekill of Gilead. They might have started as vulnerable as everybody else, but he was the only non-pacifist with access to an item. Giraffelasergun emerges by his side, his vote already cast towards Werekill in order to gain some valuable favor in the endgame. I'll tell ya Utopian, you should have seen him in the preparation room, he was already mapping out the '10,000 anime IQ strategy' that would boost him to victory."

"You're right Poyzin, they sure are a player to be feared. And there he goes, making their way from a stride to sprint, eyes set and heart locked on Alice. There they go, off racing around the battlefield."

"Oh, there's Alice starting to breakaway from Werekill, hoping to gain some traction and have them dismiss her. Even with Z25 trying to talk sense into Werekill, he still is making their way towards Alice.

"Well Poyzin, I can tell you that I'D be hiding in a Safety Corner if I had one."

"Wouldn't we all if we had a body like Werekill's hurtling towards us with a gun already equipped with the famed The Breakshot. It's a miracle they haven't shot it already!"

"Now Pokechu is getting in on the action, chasing towards Werekill to give Alice some leeway. And there goes giraffelasergun too, running alongside of Werekill in an attempt to defend him. Oh man, Werekill just knocked giraffelasergun off the platform to handle Alice alone. Not sure how that will go down."

"Utopian, don't forget that Pokechu still has access to The Splitshot, and can shoot two people on a whim."

"I didn't forget, but Werekill also has Super Armor which truly isolates him as huge target and a massive threat. It isn't hard for a blind person to see that one, Poyzin."

"Yup, but it seems as if Werekill has stopped movi--OH MY, Werekill just shot Alice Phantasma THROUGH THE WALL! Now THAT'S what you call The Breakshot!"

"Wow, I didn't expect to see Werekill just utilize the brute force of that bullet to tear through the course itself. That was a bit of a twist, but a welcome one at that."

"And that's the end of phase 2! Did I exaggerate a bit? Hell yeah! Will I leave a list of what actually happened below? Of course! Besides that, the next phase will end on March 5th at 5:00 PM. Good luck to the remaining contenders!"

Item Results:

Werekill: 2 Votes (GLG, Nabe)
Pokechu: 1 Vote (Alice)
Alice: 1 Vote (Pokechu)

And this time, the first pick of item goes to Werekill! Choose wisely!

Once again, a random number generator will be used to determine the second pick. RNG says... 1! Pokechu gets the second choice of item!

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots Alice Phantasma w/ The Breakshot (0/1, Alice Phantasma is DEFEATED)
giraffelasergun: Defends Werekill (But nobody targeted Werekill...)
Z25: Shoots Air, but takes 0.5 damage (Misfire previous phase)
Moydow: Shoots Air
Alice Phantasma: Shoots #HBC | Nabe (0/1, #HBC | Nabe is DEFEATED)
Pokechu: Shoots Moydow (0/1, Moydow is DEFEATED)

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 1/1
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun : 1/1
Z25 Z25 : 0.5/1
Moydow Moydow : 0/1
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma : 0/1
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : 0/1
Pokechu Pokechu : 1/1

Last edited:
Top Bottom