• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick-Draw Ricochet: Game Over; you can only avoid the sudden-ness of death for so long... Unless you're Werekill

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Deals no damage, but it makes the sky pretty upset.
"Coming up next is the biggest twist of them all, but first, a recap of what you can do on this phase."

"You can Shoot [Player], you can Shoot Self, and you can Shoot Air. Those are your only three options. If you shoot a player who shoots air, you win. If you shoot a player who shoots self, they win. If you shoot self when the player shoots air, they win. If both players shoot each other, then you both take one damage. If you both shoot self, then you both take one damage."

"If both players shoot air, then you both take one damage."

"Yes, you read that correctly. Back at the beginning of the game, we said one thing about shooting air."
I'm down. That means only shoot self and normal shoot allowed right?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"Werekill and Z25, staring each other down as we enter phase 4. Once again, I'm your host Utopian."

"And I'm your host Poyzin, welcoming you to the annual Quick-Draw Ricochet event! We have entered into our finale phases, a--WEREKILL SHOT SELF? Oh my, Werekill really is ready to claim his win, trying to hold of Z25 and hope for the best."

"It seems as if Z25 is on top of his game too, immediately shooting air to punish Werekill for his defensiveness of the title."

"That proved to be a solid move on Z25's part, because that failed self shot proved to destroy Werekill's Super Armor. And just like that, the playing field has leveled. There are no Davids. There are no Goliaths. Just two humans standing in a Death Ring, trying to out gunsling the other. No more complicated than Rock-Paper-Scissors, but all the more deadly."

"It all comes down to one shot. Will there even be a winner? Will a sole survivor prevail? Now that this shorter skirmish has come to a close, who will remain by the end of next phase?"

"And that's the end of phase 4! Did I exaggerate a bit? Hell yeah! Will I leave a list of what actually happened below? Of course! Besides that, the next phase will end on March 6th at 5:00 PM. Good luck to the remaining contenders!"

------------------------------------------

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots Self (But nobody attacks Werekill, 1/2)
Z25: Shoots Air

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 1/2
Z25 Z25 : 0.5/1

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.

I kill with my heart."

"And with that, it's your hosts Utopian"

"And Poyzin, signing out."

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots Z25 (0/1, Z25 is DEFEATED)
Z25: Shoots Air

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 1/2
Z25 Z25 : 0/1

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn I was gonna reflect but thought you’d predict that I wouldn’t shoot air. Gg werekill.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Glad you all enjoyed it! Looking back on it, the Super Armor was kind of OP in the sense that it could serve as many of the previous items. You used it as the Safety Corner, but it could technically work as a PortaBarrier too...

You're right, the Super Armor probably should have dealt double damage for failed self shots... but there isn't much i could do, because the game leveled out at the end, so there wasn't a huge crisis.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also I'm very satisfied by the number of Dark Tower references I was able to toss out, along with the last flavor post.

Such a fun series. Too bad it was rushed into completion at the end.

D

Deleted member

Yo, is this gonna happen again, or was it a one time thing?

If it is going to happen again, Can I be in the next one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom