• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick advice on getting a UK Wii to run Project M (Will be GREATLY appreciated!)

VA3TO

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so here is the skinny.

Friend has a Wii with homebrew on it (UK Wii) but it has a NSTC version of Brawl on it via USB.

If we load Project M onto a 2gb SD and play it should, it should work out fine yes?

Or do we actually need a phsical copy of NSTC Brawl? Any help would be lovely.

Ginge

Smash Ace
This probably belongs in Help And Support. But. Here's a thread here where someone asked about something similar.

He claimed to have gotten it working, without specifying HOW for future people to use. But someone else posted about loading up Project M via a USB copy of Brawl.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Are you actually from the UK?

If so the UK community has a pretty decent Project M scene and if you get the chance and have facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/ since this is where a lot of UK tournaments, events, smashfests get discussed and just general smash stuff, anyone from anywhere can join :)

Plus if you have any problems setting it up people can help you out since nearly everyone in the UK scene has gone through this problem of setting it up.

VA3TO

Smash Apprentice
Are you actually from the UK?

If so the UK community has a pretty decent Project M scene and if you get the chance and have facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/ since this is where a lot of UK tournaments, events, smashfests get discussed and just general smash stuff, anyone from anywhere can join :)

Plus if you have any problems setting it up people can help you out since nearly everyone in the UK scene has gone through this problem of setting it up.

Yeah I am actually from the UK and i've heard plenty about you at least! Im from South Wales and most tournaments are in London right? One day i'll have to attend a Melee one and if we eventually get Project M going try that as well.

Im already a part of Smash UK I believe? Ill make a post now and hope for the best.

JediLink

Smash Ace
It's not going to load Project M by default. You have to play around with the settings in your USB loader, and that's going to vary depending on which one you're using. I use NeoGamma. The two things are you need to have the Hooktype set to VBI and Ocarina set to on.

But yes, it does work with a USB loader.

Top Bottom