• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Questions/Advice Thread

Rew

Smash Journeyman
What's the most efficient way to farm for lots of coins (for the Trophy Lottery, for continues in 1P modes, etc.)?

Tamoo

Smash Master
The number of coins you get in a battle relates to the number of button presses in a game I think (or so I've observed). Matches between a peach and a marth compared to a fox ditto of the same length seem to reward the fox dittos more in terms of coins, and doubles usually increases that more.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, you two!

DH: So the coins you get in Coin Matches also count as coins you can use in the Lottery and for continues? (I know this was not the case in Brawl.)

Tamoo: I've heard that dash-dancing can get a lot of coins too--which if your theory is correct means that hard tilting the analog stick for a dash counts as pressing a button. Interesting.

iTz Coburn

Smash Cadet
Unlocking Past Stages Kirby's Dream Land

I have every stage unlocked except for the ones that require you to play 150 & 200 Vs. matches & I don't have the Birdo trophy so I don't have that stage either. I have target test beaten with all characters and my time is 18:32. I've read online that alls you need to do is complete target test, complete it under 25 mintues, and complete it in under 20, and just recently I heard under 18. Which is it?!?!

http://tinypic.com/r/9zshsm/7

^Picture I took showing that I have beat it with all charcters.

Is there a glitch that isn't letting me unlock it?

iTz Coburn

Smash Cadet
Concerned Smasher

Not really. I pretty much have everything on that list done. I mean, if I have to i'll complete Adventure mode & all-star mode with all characters as I already have classic done with eevryone, but that's jsut really time consuming and boring. Also, as far as I know that doesn't affect unlocked Kirby's Dream Lands.

So I guess i'll do a run down of everything completed

Classic Mode
Target Test
Home run contest
100-man melee
15-minute man melee
Every unlockable stage except for 4(Kirby's dream land, Poke floats, Big blue I think it is, and the mushroom kingdom level)
All events done

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
So, I could have sworn that Fox CPUs use Fire Fox at the same angle no matter what, however, I've recently seen it use Fire Fox sideways. What causes this?

JesseD

Smash Rookie
I just bought mele again after Id lost my copy a few years ago. I play it on my wii. It works fine, but whenever I beat classic mode with mario during the credits the game freezes, says there's an error. Hoping someone here can help me out. Thanks. (did it first with fox, it worked. Same with puff. Haven't tried any others after mario)

Toonstar

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to disable zelda and make sheik permanent in 20XX? its really annoying when I accidentally downB in the middle of a match.

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
I almost created a topic about this though refrained because it's been said already.

I'll ask again. How much effort do you put into Melee and is it the only game you like to play? If you do you won't win as often at other games though can have more fun losing. Unless you're an ultimate gamer like me.

Top Bottom