• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Questions/Advice Thread

fransisco4

Smash Cadet
The message u get is: - You beat Event Match 51, The Showdown, with no falls!
And you also get a message for fighting 1,000,000 vs matches, who the hell plays that mucch?

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
event 51 I find there is a couple easy ways to do it. bomb jumping off the side with samus will usually make giga and mewto fall off a couple times if i am off the stage i will run to the opposite side missile spam and then jump off the side and bomb jump some more. Ganons and C.f's fair pwn this event they have lots of knock back and you can jump high and smack giga just watch out for ganon he always seems to be behind him and ready with his up-b.I have had alot of problems beating it with the spacies though.

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
I'm having a problem with adventure mode. When I got to Brinstar, I quit. But when I did adventure mode again, it went back to the beginning. When does it save? How does it save? Also, how do you get more Event Matches?

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
^

The Adventure Mode in Melee doesn't save. You should be able to play through it in about ten minutes, unlike in Brawl, where you have to take a couple days to beat it. Also, you unlock more event matches by unlocking Luigi, Falco, and Young Link and beating Trophy Tussle 2 to unlock matches 30-39. Then, you have to unlock all of the secret characters to get events 40-50. Unlock event match 51 by beating all the other events.

Now, I have a problem, too. I've been trying very hard to get the Mew trophy, which is done by beating All-Star Mode on Hard with no continues. I'm having a lot of trouble with this. Any advice?

.Marik

is a social misfit
One more question, how exactly does the "MultiQuote" button work?

I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure... see, if I want to MultiQuote, I just do it the manual way of copying and pasting... |_|

Is it meant, so that when you Quote, the Quoted comment, that you can also Quote the comment replied to the Quoted comment?

Sorry for being confusing.. ^^;

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Is there an easy way to tell what trophys you're missing? Or how to get whatever you're missing?

In coin launcher my chances of getting a trophy are always 0. This doesn't mean I have all of the trophys does it?

darkfire1502

Smash Rookie
In coin launcher my chances of getting a trophy are always 0. This doesn't mean I have all of the trophys does it?
No, it doesn't. That just means that you can't get any more new trophies from coin launcher.

I suggest doing random stuff in 1-Player mode like improving the total score on Home Run Contest (Sandbag trophy) or improving the total time on Target Test (sheriff trophy).

If you have not yet done these two things, I hope this helps you out.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
Ok was told to post this here.

Does anyone know anyway to have the cstick do attacks and rolls like it does in multiplayer in singleplayer? Action replay codes, weird button presses, anything?

Tamoo

Smash Master
One more question, how exactly does the "MultiQuote" button work?

I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure... see, if I want to MultiQuote, I just do it the manual way of copying and pasting... |_|

Is it meant, so that when you Quote, the Quoted comment, that you can also Quote the comment replied to the Quoted comment?

Sorry for being confusing.. ^^;
say u want to quote more than one person, you click multiquote on all but one post, and then on that last post, press quote

you can do this over a number of pages

joeplicate

Smash Master
c-stick control the camera in 1-player mode
pushing it up zooms in, pushing down zooms out

I was trying to get the birdo trophy as fast as possible, so I was wondering
what's the best way to get coins?

and on a related note, does anybody know how many coins you get after a vs mode match? I think it has to do with the duration of the match

metashinryu

Smash Ace
c-stick control the camera in 1-player mode
pushing it up zooms in, pushing down zooms out

I was trying to get the birdo trophy as fast as possible, so I was wondering
what's the best way to get coins?

and on a related note, does anybody know how many coins you get after a vs mode match? I think it has to do with the duration of the match
i dont think so,once i tied to leave my gc on 99 mins on a time match withsome cpus and I DIDNT get a coin,but nowdays i get 5 or 6 just training comboing like 20 mins with captain falcon on infinite time matches,over 50 kills comboing-atleast 5 coins

i hate that i have 999 coins and the slot machine cannot give me more trophys T_T

want some? tell me how to give em -_-

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Countless times I've attempted All-Star Mode on Hard without Continuing. The best I can do is 8 or 9 waves of enemies before getting KO'd. Am I missing something?

AdibM

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have quite a few questions:

1. Is there any point to doing Cruel Melee? My highest is 5 with Pikachu. If I reach a certain amount (individually or total), will I get a trophy or something?

2. Do you get any rewards in any way from Endless Melee?

3. I've noticed people talking about "secret messages." What are some really rare ones that are hard to unlock? Is the result of amassing all ~290 trophies an example of a secret message? I have 282-3 so I'm curious. And does anything happen when you obtain all of them?

4. Does anything happen when you beat either Classic, Adventure, or All-Star on Very Hard without continuing? Does the number of stock matter?

5. On Adventure mode, Underground Maze level, I always spend over 4 minutes trying to find the frickin' exit. The exit is always placed in a random location, right? Is there any trick to finding it quickly? I'm trying to get to Giga Bowser in under 18 minutes and wasting time on this one level is a big hindrance, as I usually get to Bowser after 21 minutes or so.

EDIT FOR #5: Actually, I just beat Giga Bowser and got the trophy, bringing my count up to 283. :-D But I'd still like to know if there's a fast way to beat Underground Maze on 1P Adventure mode.

6. Is it possible to hit every title credit after beating a 1P mode, and if so, do you get any kind of reward for doing it?

Thanks!

Rappster

Smash Ace
I'm in the dark almost as much as you are, but this is the little i know:

1.&2. i believe there is a world record to beat, but otherwise its just a timesink

3. there is a message for beating event match 51, but afaik nothing else.

4. i don't know, sorry (i'm a nub)

5. you can jump over the zones that don't have the triforce. that allows you to avoid the fights and save a hair of time

6. no one has mentioned any reward for a high score on that (afaik about 200)

Hope that helps.

The primary reason i'm posting here, however is to celebrate my finally beating event matches 50 &51. last night i beat fifty (two hundred somethingth try), and this afternoon 51

john!

Smash Hero
Okay wtf.

I decided to do the best HRC I could so I looked up the Ganon strat and did it, bringing the bag to the upper 200's before throwing the bat and reverse punching. It took me like half an hour to finally nail it. The bag flies but at 4500 feet the camera stops and just sits there. Later (when the bag drops I guess) the camera zooms near the ground, but the bag never lands. I keep waiting and eventually the pause button stops working. I reset, switch to Japanese, and do it again, but it does the same thing at 1500 meters.

I've seen people get higher than this on YouTube, so what's the deal here?

Quaz

Smash Master
Okay wtf.

I decided to do the best HRC I could so I looked up the Ganon strat and did it, bringing the bag to the upper 200's before throwing the bat and reverse punching. It took me like half an hour to finally nail it. The bag flies but at 4500 feet the camera stops and just sits there. Later (when the bag drops I guess) the camera zooms near the ground, but the bag never lands. I keep waiting and eventually the pause button stops working. I reset, switch to Japanese, and do it again, but it does the same thing at 1500 meters.

I've seen people get higher than this on YouTube, so what's the deal here?
lol john you have v1.0. You need v1.1 or v1.2

Moozle

Smash Champion
I have a nooby question to ask :)

If I want to play melee on my wii, will I automatically be able to save data(like unlocked characters) or do I have to buy a memory card?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post, but I'm still wondering about the question i asked. I guess I'll just have to buy the game and find out the hard way :ohwell:

Tamoo

Smash Master
quick question,

What happens when an item that has an effect on characters like mushrooms touch two chars at the same time?

cos something weird just happened in adventure mode. Was playing bowser at the end, and a single mushroom was coming towards us, and inexplicably, I grew larger and he shrunk, reversing the roles somewhat. Im sure there was only one mushroom as items do not overlap iirc and push eachother out if they are in the same space.

X1-12

Smash Champion
quick question,

What happens when an item that has an effect on characters like mushrooms touch two chars at the same time?

cos something weird just happened in adventure mode. Was playing bowser at the end, and a single mushroom was coming towards us, and inexplicably, I grew larger and he shrunk, reversing the roles somewhat. Im sure there was only one mushroom as items do not overlap iirc and push eachother out if they are in the same space.

the first bit its probably just port priority, similar to what happens when to characters land in exactly the same place

and as for bowser shrinking i guess you would have thought of this but he hadnt previously got a super mushroom and it wore off at just the same time you pick your's up? or perhaps a shrink mushroom spawned in the same space he was standing

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Hi,

I'm relatively new to smash melee, but I'm a big fan!

I've done up to event 30, and am eager to carry on! And I realise that you need to make sure you unlock Falco, Luigi, and Young Link before continuing. I've unlocked the first 2. However, for Young Link, I am aware you need to complete classic mode with 10 different characters. I have just completed it with my 10th (Marth), but I was challenged by Roy instead. And I wasn't challenged after that by Young Link.

What do I do now? :S

If I do classic mode with an 11th character, will Young Link challenge me? Or should I do it again with Marth? Or have I lost him? :(

Thanks

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Just do it again with anyone; sometimes you might complete two sets of criteria and since you can't battle two new challengers, the game just has to give you one.

All you need to do is beat classic with any character, doesn't matter who, and Young Link will challenge you again.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Hi, I just did it again, with fox (I've already done it with fox), and no one challenged me at the end :(

Any ideas?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Oh, then I guess I was wrong about that, sorry.

Does beating it with someone you haven't used do anything?

Sorry for the bad advice. Since you have Roy though, it should be pretty easy since his F-smash destroys CPUs.

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
OK, i give. I've been playing with BtT for a bit, but I can't figure out young link's. The only thing that I can't do is the boomerang on top of the pit. Every angle and position i try either sends the boomerang above the box with the target in it, or i just catch it. Is there some sort of trick? What angle do I have to throw it at? Thanks

Pi

Smash Hero
I'm having an extremely difficult time (as in I have not been able to do it once) re-grabbing the bat after falcon/ganon bat drop dair thing

I can throw it up, jump, and grab it no problem, or i can throw it down jump and grab it no problem, but I have yet to re-grab it even ONE time after dropping it, dairing, and then jumping to grab it again

any suggestions

i'm only asking this because i've failed to do it even once, in probably hours worth of attempts now, so i have no base point for what to work on

Top Bottom