• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Questions/Advice Thread

Post in here asking any questions you have about any of the 1P Modes. Also ask around for new strats or anything of the sort as well. Everyone can feel free to help everyone. Thanks.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
this isnt a question, just a suggestion. well, theres a question mixed in which i need help with.

someone should make a bonus walkthough covering all of the bonuses needed to get that trophy (can't remember which one). Been done before? I know. What i'm suggesting is that someone make a walkthrough to get all of the bonuses WITH ONE CONTROLLER. This is quite difficult, and a guide would help many people.

I only have one controller, and i somehow managed to get all bonuses except one.

Shield Breaker.

Sure, sounds easy. But computers ONLY break their shields when under fire from superscopes or fox lasers. The problem is that they do not break shields, it counts as the computer breaking their own shield. I have found it impossible to pressure shields as they simply...dont shield. They just take damage. On the odd occasion they shield, its a powershield.

Anyone have any strategies?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How do you get a long hit with the bag from C.Falcon
Use Falcon Punch. At higher percents it's stronger than a regular bat Smash anyway. You could also hit it into the backwall with a knee or reverse Uair then bat smash it as it comes back, as it retains the horizontal velocity, but this is impractical.

Patinator

Smash Champion
What's the best way to complete Event Match 51 without dying?

Who are the best characters and what are the best ways to get over 10 kills in Cruel Melee?

What are the best ways to complete Adventure, Classic, and All-Star on Hard and Very Hard? I get to the Pokemon Stadium on Hard and get slaughtered... I've gotten to the Hands on Hard, and got murdered, as Captain Falcon, my main too! :(

What's the longest distance you can get in Home Run Contest without Bat Dropping? (And the procedure, please)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
What's the best way to complete Event Match 51 without dying?

Who are the best characters and what are the best ways to get over 10 kills in Cruel Melee?

What are the best ways to complete Adventure, Classic, and All-Star on Hard and Very Hard? I get to the Pokemon Stadium on Hard and get slaughtered... I've gotten to the Hands on Hard, and got murdered, as Captain Falcon, my main too! :(

What's the longest distance you can get in Home Run Contest without Bat Dropping? (And the procedure, please)
Use Roy and camp until Ganon does either Volcano kick or Warlock punch, and then run in and counter.

I think either pikachu's uair spike, or Fox's shine works wonders.

Play well? Watch Adventure by SuperDoodleMan and do mimic it.

I think it's with Yoshi, do as many short hop neutral airs as you can and then bat smash it. You can also throw the bat up, neutral air, and let the bat fall on it during the kicks, but I don't know what you qualify as bat dropping.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
Why make this room now and not 7 years ago???
I physically LOL'd at this. Seriously, this room is almost a decade late. Hopefully, Brawl is a bit more on the ball with this kind of stuff.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Well all the questions about 1 player for melee have already been asked and asked and answered in times past, in melee discussion.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Use Roy and camp until Ganon does either Volcano kick or Warlock punch, and then run in and counter.
I think either pikachu's uair spike, or Fox's shine works wonders.
There are much better ways of doing it. Running into the pack with Counter doesn't work too well since you are bound to get hit a lot while doing it, and Roy dies too easily.

Here's a sample suicide strategy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUiE_ucY9TQ

Something along those lines is probably the best way to do it. The only camping strategy I particularly find effective is floating back and forth with Peach at Giga's head level using aerials. You can also easily get Ganon and Mewtwo to suicide by floating slightly off the stage.

I think it's with Yoshi, do as many short hop neutral airs as you can and then bat smash it. You can also throw the bat up, neutral air, and let the bat fall on it during the kicks, but I don't know what you qualify as bat dropping.
There are far better NBD strats out there, but they are really complicated. Here's a sample strat with Falcon:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ebSE7vXRxU

Most good strats use a similar formula. Damage the bag, BT to back-wall, BT-up, bag ends up flying right under the bat is it falls, hit it with something weak, BT back to back-wall, BT-up, weak attack (or anything that keeps it in place), maybe another attack, then swing. I know Ganondorf can get over 7k with this kind of strategy.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I don't know where else to post this, but I feel there is some critique this room could use.

First of all: you're late. The stadium top pro's are most on gamefaqs and/or smashvrs.com. But this is nothing you don't know. You should maybe link there for anyone who is seeking better help *shrug*.

Second, maybe the advice/questions on a certain topic should be together with the highscores? A general discussion thread for each mode seems way more obvious than a highscores thread and a question thread apart. This is again just me though. And you should link the sticky records topic to the specific records page on the forum of smashvrs too, it's where all the accurate information is at.

Anyway, this hopefully get some more vs player interested in stadium, which is nice... though a decade late >_>... nice to see you do this thing

Cort

Apple Head
There are a good amount of very competent Stadium players that occasionally will check this room. I've already posted about it in other forums so that this place is a more homely environment.

I hope these subforums slowly accomplish the goal I now hope: to help people get more interested in 1P modes as well as lure out some very hidden potential out there. Who knows, there could be a new Sin2324 out there, or even scarier... marth1.

Right now it's just very hard since the SWF servers are completely bugging out constantly...

Cort

Apple Head
Ya i dont need to know anything about 1P mode. But does anyone ever have a hard time playing all-star on very hard?
There's an easy way to score KOs with Luigi by abusing the computer's AI. If you're on the ledge and continuously fall off and up b back to the stage, the computers will air dodge off the stage every few tries.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
This is a really random question but, Im screwing around in Fox's Target Test right now, and Im trying to wall tech off of the floating block that damages you(the one your supposed to hit for the WW time) but for some reason it wont let me tech off of the right side. I've been sitting here wall tech jumping over and over again on the left side, but the right side just wont let me. Am I not allowed to tech it or something?

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble on Endless Melee as Marth. I can rarely get above 200 KOs before dying unless a fan arrives before then. What do you guys suggest doing to prolong my survival, assuming no good items spawn?

SW-1988

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble on Endless Melee as Marth. I can rarely get above 200 KOs before dying unless a fan arrives before then. What do you guys suggest doing to prolong my survival, assuming no good items spawn?
Either use immobilization or the normal strat, but use fwd b instead of the fan. I should improve my Marth as well .... 2317 KO's suck pretty much with him^^

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
Thanks for replying, SW-1988, but I honestly have no idea what "immobilization" and "the normal strat" are. I do know what a forward B is, however, and will try to use that. So, could you (or someone else here) please enlighten me to the normal strat as well as immobilization?

zifn15

Smash Cadet
I'm currently a noob wishing to get better at young link. Are there any vids I can look at to see what to do right?

Cort

Apple Head
Would this be the best place to ask the number of trophies there are in the game? Max number?
290 without using AR
I think there's 293 with AR
What is the special message you get when you beat Event 51 without dying?
Something about beating E51 without dying >_>; I don't know the specifics. Check gamefaqs.com to see if they have a guide concerning special messages.
I'm currently a noob wishing to get better at young link. Are there any vids I can look at to see what to do right?
http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112
Whats the best character to beat event 50 with?
Try Ganon. Abuse his usmash and dair/fair. Mostly usmash. Keep trying until the hands do the laser attack often, it lets you usmash them a ton.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Would this be the best place to ask the number of trophies there are in the game? Max number?
No. That would be Wikipædia. My guess is 290.

What is the special message you get when you beat Event 51 without dying?
I can't quite remember, but it's not a phone number.

I would suggest something of ChuDat's, but I cannot because I don't know if they're proper for n00b education.

Whats the best character to beat event 50 with?
Jigglypuff is the one I recommend. She holds my current record...I think.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
the only prob i have with jigs is that i die just before master hand and i still have to kill the other one. should i try to kill them at the same time? or should i kill crazy first?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
The last secret message I have to get is the one for completing adventure mode on very hard with one stock. Who is the best character to use? The hardest part will be getting past the wire frames.

attackofthekillerkoopa

Smash Rookie
how do you beat Event 51 with Bowser... or Yoshi? Mewtwo and Ganondorf aren't a problem but Giga Bowser keeps getting in the way. I'm almost done unlocking everything and I have most of the trophies but this is the only obstacle left.

I found edge cancelled eggs and direct attacks to work well but I can't beat Giga Bowser.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I just have a suggestion kinda. I think there should be an event match records list. I'm not sure if someone posted something like this, but it would be really great to have one.

Edit: Not neccisarily an event match record list, just a place where people could go to discuss them, like the homerun contest sticky.

Top Bottom