• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about Mewtwo and the clone engine

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Lookin' good, Mewtwo subforum. As a dedicated Mewtwo myself, I decided I'd like to know more of the details that went into his creation in PM. I've read up on it a bit, but I figured you guys who've been here longer could clue me in a bit more.

Also, I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this.

As a lot of people know by now, Mewtwo was actually planned to be in Brawl, and a good chunk of leftover data can be found pertaining to him. Did any of this help with his creation? I know his animations were created from scratch, and that most of the files were empty when you tried to load them, but I'm not too knowledgeable on modding and I've seen stranger things happen.

I read on TVTropes that the announcer sounds for Mewtwo and Roy were "real" rather than spliced together from other words he says. Is there any truth to this, and if so where did they find these voice clips?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nothing was left of Mewtwo in Brawl's files. He was created from scratch with a new model, new animations, and imported SFX. He's "cloned" from Lucario, meaning that his files are based on that, and then edited into what he is now.

And yes, his announcer call is made from spliced together SFX from other things that the announcer says in-game.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Nothing was left of Mewtwo in Brawl's files. He was created from scratch with a new model, new animations, and imported SFX. He's "cloned" from Lucario, meaning that his files are based on that, and then edited into what he is now.

And yes, his announcer call is made from spliced together SFX from other things that the announcer says in-game.
That's cool, man! That thing on TVTropes confused me. Lol

Top Bottom