• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about dolphin

Kowlkryz

Smash Rookie
Everytime I get more than 2 characters on screen my screen stutters happens when I play on Temple, Fountain of Dreams, Brinstar, and Venom it also happens on Onett but only when the cars come by. My FPS and VPS go down to around 40 all the way down to 20 when this is all happening. Is this something that can be fixed in the emulator settings or my computer is what I really want to know. I've already tried reinstalling dolphin and thought maybe it was my .iso so I downloaded it again and it's still like this. :(

Last edited:

Poison

Smash Rookie
You can try changing the backend to OpenGL if it isn't already set to it. It might help.

Open Dolphin -> Graphics -> Backend -> OpenGL

Last edited:

Poison

Smash Rookie
Do you have a graphics card? The game might be hard for your computer to run. You could try playing a different game to see if it runs well.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Performance_Guide
Try these recommendations. I do not know what version you are running, so some options might be different. Otherwise, the main limiting factor is the hardware. The hardware was optimized for the gamecube software while your computer was optimized for other stuff. Dolphin has to do all those conversions of gamecube and put them onto a workable format for your computer to run melee games. Try looking at any additional computer settings you might have. My laptop goes into a power saving mode when running on battery and disables some features of the hardware to conserve battery power. You might have some stuff like that running around. Overall, its the weakest link in your computer and you might have to do some digging to find it out. In general, CPU is probably the limiting factor. I have some issues running it at 2.24 Ghz with quad core processors.

Kadano

Magical Express
Hi. Im Playing on emulator mainly, being a rookie with nobody within the distance i can travel (not owning a car), and i have got a litle problem which i hope someone can answer.
its basically about implementing this: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...eld-collision-bubbles-in-vs-mode-more.351221/ Into my emulator. I seem to cant write in the box saying "cheats" on my emu. what do i need to do? please help.
First, you need to ensure that your Melee ISO is listed within the main window. Right click its entry and select “Properties”. Click on “edit config” at the bottom of the pop-up window. Add the codes below [Gecko] in this format:
$Unrestricted Pause Camera [Link Master]
04450F94 42000000
04450F98 42000000
04450F9C 42000000
04450FA0 40200000
04450FA4 47000000

When you’re done importing all the codes you want, don’t forget to save the file. Make sure you activated both cheats in general and the individual cheats you want to use.

Parttimenoob

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the Quick and informative answer Kadano.
I still have a problem though. I now know where to Import the codes, but how do i enable the thing that makes it [Gecko]-codes. I just copy them into the document that opens when i click the "edit config". As soon as i leave the Textwindow to play, nothing is saved and i still cant activate the cheats, even if i saved the document before i left.I hope you understand my problem and can answer it.

Kadano

Magical Express
Thanks for the Quick and informative answer Kadano.
I still have a problem though. I now know where to Import the codes, but how do i enable the thing that makes it [Gecko]-codes. I just copy them into the document that opens when i click the "edit config". As soon as i leave the Textwindow to play, nothing is saved and i still cant activate the cheats, even if i saved the document before i left.I hope you understand my problem and can answer it.
Maybe this picture will help you:

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Which backend is generally better?
It all depends on your videocard. I had mine set to OpenGL and it lagged quite a bit, and I'm running a highend videocard (Radeon HD 7970 3GB), I changed it to DirectX9 and it runs smooth as butter

Parttimenoob

Smash Rookie
Maybe this picture will help you:
That doesn't really Help me. I get this exact screen, only with a .txt instead of.ini .I presume that this makes a difference? Because everytime i try to save it into the Game Settings, it fails, and i go back to having no cheats activated but the ones that were in this files version before (it is the online netplay version, maybe that makes a difference). Could you make a picture or detailed description of how to save the actual cheats?
Still thanks for the Answer. Im hoping im not asking too much of you.

Top Bottom