• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
I’d probably have gone to the resources guide before posting this.
But I’ll help anyways.
And I’m assuming you’re talking about ultimate

At 0 percent our best grab combo is up throw to up air. It’s our bread and butter. (In smash 4 it was down throw pivot back air.)
At a bit higher percent you can exchange up throw to up air for down throw up air. At later percent start going for down throw fair. Only use back and forward throws at ledge, they will amount to no combos.

D3 doesn’t have a good combo game but excels at ledge. Also timing your Gordo’s will lead into tasty stuff. D3 is a little overwhelming at first, but practice gordo’s over anything else.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Nair to Utilt to Utilt to Up Air works for me sometimes.

D-throw to Fair can work up to 3-4 times in a chain depending on your opponent’s DI and how fast you can press the button. Very difficult on smaller characters. But once or twice can work in succession.

Uthrow to Uair can work as an infinite if you drag down.

Use the up bounce Gordo to trap at the ledge. Since you’re new, limit your Gordo usage to just trapping opponents and not attacking. UBG to forward Smash on ledge used to break shields. Opponents sometimes just normal get up into it, others try to roll in. I don’t fully recommend, but use Jet Hammer instead only for sure if you can get it. If you do, space it a little to catch a roll.

For example, if an opponent is coming in from above on the left, place a Gordo to your left (preferably jump and use Up Gordo if you have time) and prepare to use Up Smash or turn to your right and charge F Smash. In my experience, opponent’s don’t usually use a move. Some reason they don’t air dodge.

When spaced right, Forward Smash has a little window where you can bait your opponent into thinking they can come in for a grab or whatever when you in fact can perform a tilt to counter. The spacing is just outside the shockwave hitbox. D-tilt is fastest.

Just remember DDD has 5 jumps. So lab and learn how you can mix up his aerials.

Nair to nair to nair to forward air can work.

That’s all I got.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Combos:
-0%: Dtilt -> Dtilt
-0%: weak hit Nair fastfall -> usmash
-0%-40%(ish): weak hit Nair fastfall-> utilt (if you read DI/if opponentis big) -> uair
-50%-80%(ish): weak hit Nair fastfall -> any aireal depending on DI except Dair. (<bread n butter)
-0%-30%(ish): Dthrow Fair/pivot Bair (Pivot Bair is frame-perfect)
-Any% on fastfallers/heavies: Inhale-> turnaround+hold up on c-stick. When they mash out its a guarenteed utilt (D3 tech called BIRD check out discord for more)
-10%-80%(ish): Uthrow SH/FH Uair (kill setup on some characters)
-0%-60%(ish): weak hit Nair fast fall-> weak hit Nair fastfall -> Hard Nair

Mixups:
(NOTE: None of these are true)
-For opponents who airdoge down after you use U-tilt: Usmash, uncharged Jet hammer
-For when you use the jab combo alot: Jab1 -> spot doge -> Dsmash or Jab1-> spotdoge -> Jab1, Jab2 multiJab
-For opponents who mash out of grabs: Grab (pummel until mashout) -> Dash attack/Dsmash

Ledge trap moves: (after up-gordo)
-Jet Hammer
-Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash
-Ftilt
-Dtilt
-Inhale
-Runoff Fair
Gordo stick on Ledge moves:
-Fair
-Fsmash
-Dair
-Up-B
-Inhale

This is a montage someone made in smash 4 but it still is the same principle and gives you a general Idea on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C0POiUCYMk

Top Bottom