• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question & thoughts about her side B

Should there be a way to consistently 'summons sheik's item form of her side B without getting hit?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other. Post reason in chat if you want to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MyFaceIsEdible

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that her side B has an item form? Like it doesn't even make sense, as to get this item form sheik has to get hit before it explodes. Even if that does happen and you hit then it just slides for like 3-4 units. It not even worth chasing after it as the enemy, because it wastes time that could be used punishing the side B. I feel like if they're ever going to modify sheik's moves (as in functionality) this would be the move. I personally think that if you shield before the thing explodes it would cancel the side B dropping the item form because I would love to see the combos of Z dropping it into bouncing fish. I don't know if that change would make her overpowered but I like the thought, what do the other sheik mains out there think? ( I find it rather odd why a part of the character is just nearly unused.)

Last edited:

daddypeach

Smash Cadet
I would love if someone came up with some big brain uses of side b item drop. If Sheik knew how to be threatening with an item, I could see it being worthwhile to allow yourself to get hit by moves such as... Mario, Luigi, Pichu, Pikachu neutral B's and other weak and easily reactable attacks.

Short hop down throw or item drop combos or finding an opening in neutral... the item disappears quickly but throwing it up gives it a longer shelf life while allowing you to squeeze in some A based attacks. It actually flies up really high. It's a fun thing to toy with in training.

Benzen

Smash Rookie
I would love if someone came up with some big brain uses of side b item drop. If Sheik knew how to be threatening with an item, I could see it being worthwhile to allow yourself to get hit by moves such as... Mario, Luigi, Pichu, Pikachu neutral B's and other weak and easily reactable attacks.

Short hop down throw or item drop combos or finding an opening in neutral... the item disappears quickly but throwing it up gives it a longer shelf life while allowing you to squeeze in some A based attacks. It actually flies up really high. It's a fun thing to toy with in training.
Our lord and savior Frenzy Light has recently made this video showing some sick z-drop combos.
https://youtu.be/S1oybsUnspQ

Top Bottom