• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question regarding gamers and music

Internal Frickface

Smash Cadet
how come most gamers just absolutely refuse to listen to anything that's not video game music? i was kinda in that same hole and had the same godawful hippster mindset of "unga bunga non game music bad!" but guilty gear kinda got me out of that hellhole with how much it references music artists and songs and it just kinda got me into the likes of motley crue and testament and all that good stuff

i don't know why everyone has the thought that music that isn't from video games are not worth listening to, and i don't know why i had that mindset either

Oracle Link

Smash Master
how come most gamers just absolutely refuse to listen to anything that's not video game music? i was kinda in that same hole and had the same godawful hippster mindset of "unga bunga non game music bad!" but guilty gear kinda got me out of that hellhole with how much it references music artists and songs and it just kinda got me into the likes of motley crue and testament and all that good stuff

i don't know why everyone has the thought that music that isn't from video games are not worth listening to, and i don't know why i had that mindset either
I personaly prefer just Background Tracks in general no matter if theyre from Movies,Anime or Games

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
If I hear a song and like it, doesn't matter to me where it comes from. I don't really go out of my way to find new artists or anything. I guess I just let the music come to me.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Personally I listen to gaming music because I simply know it more.

I'm not opposed to listening to songs outside of gaming, but at the same time why would I actively search for them when I already hear incredible songs in a games I played recently. Why would I spend time listening through music creators to find some I actively want to listen to, when I already know that Celeste has good music and the Celeste OST exists on YouTube for me to play in the background of doing things like cleaning my room or doing homework.

Top Bottom