• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question: How similar to real Melee is Melee Light?

Mew2Nick

Smash Rookie
I found out this awesome game called Melee Light for practicing Competitive Melee, but I wondered if someone could tell me how close Melee Light is to the real Melee. I don't have actual Melee yet. Will playing Melee Light help or hinder my Smash Skill. Thanks in advance for your help!

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Don't waste valuable practice time on non-Melee games. Get a Dolphin setup as quickly as possible and learn a character.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know. Try watching vids. Monkey see, monkey do.

Pauer

The Pauerful
I just tried out Melee Light for the first time and even though I was using the native input (I tried the official and mayflash 4-port adapter) and playing with a controller, it feels really off. If you want to practice melee on the PC, you will have to use the dolphin emulator.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Actually looked at Melee light and it just looks like a crappy flash version of 20XX. Just get a Dolphin setup.

Last edited:

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
Actually looked at Melee light and it just looks like a crappy flash version of 20XX. Just get a Dolphin setup.
That's kinda the point. It's for computers/systems that can't run Dolphin Melee at 60fps but can run Melee Light. That's why it's called, Melee Light. I do agree however that if you wanna get better at Melee, there is no substitute for Dolphin or a CRT.

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
That's kinda the point. It's for computers/systems that can't run Dolphin Melee at 60fps but can run Melee Light. That's why it's called, Melee Light. I do agree however that if you wanna get better at Melee, there is no substitute for Dolphin or a CRT.
I personally prefer a Dolphin setup for the file accessibility in general. I just don't like the stationary nature of CRTs

Top Bottom