• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about uploading ISOs

Hey, I've decided to share a Melee modification with all you peeps, but before I make the thread, I just have to ask a question.

To make what I have thus far, I directly edited the ISO with Crazy Hand. I don't know of any other way you can share mods with the people, so I currently have the edited ISO saved in Dropbox.

But, uploading ISOs directly is a big no no, from what I can gather, so I have to ask, do the same rules apply if you're uploading an edited ISO? If I can't provide a link to my edited ISO, then what can I do to share the first demo with you guys?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Hey, I've decided to share a Melee modification with all you peeps, but before I make the thread, I just have to ask a question.

To make what I have thus far, I directly edited the ISO with Crazy Hand. I don't know of any other way you can share mods with the people, so I currently have the edited ISO saved in Dropbox.

But, uploading ISOs directly is a big no no, from what I can gather, so I have to ask, do the same rules apply if you're uploading an edited ISO? If I can't provide a link to my edited ISO, then what can I do to share the first demo with you guys?
Do it like this: either extract the ISO's root folder (extracted with GCR) or make an Xdelta patch.

DRGN

Technowizard
Generally, I would say it depends on how many files are modified. If it's just a couple, you could just upload only those files in a zip. If you're not exactly sure which files you modified, or there are a lot, I would say that an Xdelta patch is the best way to go. It's a simple method for both the creator and end users, and much smaller than a whole disc.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Generally, I would say it depends on how many files are modified. If it's just a couple, you could just upload only those files in a zip. If you're not exactly sure which files you modified, or there are a lot, I would say that an Xdelta patch is the best way to go. It's a simple method for both the creator and end users, and much smaller than a whole disc.
DRGN, will you ever update your signature? Lol.

Top Bottom