• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about the ditto

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
One of the characters my friends and I play the most is Villager. So it was only a matter of time before two of us decided to try a Villager ditto. Yesterday when we did one, I did a down throw into a tree of his that I pocketed. So my question is: Is this a true combo? I saw that he airdodged before he hit the ground, but if I remember correctly, when Kirby uses a pocketed tree and he combos into it with some move (I think it was up tilt My Smash Corner said), an airdodge won't work, and a shield will break, unless they can time a powershield. Is it the same story for Villager? Or is there no escape whatsoever? Furthermore, are there other moves that can combo into a pocketed tree that are more effective?

Edit: I tried it two more times today on him, and again, he got killed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom