• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Question About Setting up Tournies

Link Storm

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm thinking about setting up a tourney for Smash 4 since those seem to be rare but packed when they do happen. However, my main reasoning for this was so I could play in a tournament as well.

Here is my question:

What is the general consensus on tournament hosts participating in the games? I plan on paying admission myself, but I'm a little worried about how it would be seen if I win.

Lunanix

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunanix
Hi, I'm thinking about setting up a tourney for Smash 4 since those seem to be rare but packed when they do happen. However, my main reasoning for this was so I could play in a tournament as well.

Here is my question:

What is the general consensus on tournament hosts participating in the games? I plan on paying admission myself, but I'm a little worried about how it would be seen if I win.
Honestly it depends how big the event is, if its a local I don't see much of a problem since your all there to play etc. For larger events it might be a little more complicated as you have people paying a lot of money and travel from afar to attend. Here I would be tempted to say no don't enter and focus on running it until you are comfortable with running tournaments or have a team of players helping you so you can work around each other.

I am a TO for my local scene and I have only not entered once, all the other times I will enter and if an issue arises that I can't play I will DQ myself.

It really does depend on your situation though, if you only have 2-3 hours to get the tournament done and can't afford delays then once again I would likely not enter, but if you've got all day and its a very relaxed environment I wouldn't not enter.

You need to ask yourself, do you have enough time to run it? Do you feel confident you can run it effectively? Do you foresee anything that could cause delays to the tournament because of you entering? and Lastly is there anything else you need to be managing other than the bracket (ie Are you running a Stream, managing overlays, commentating or managing who is commentating etc?).

I hope this gives you a better idea!

:ness:

Link Storm

Smash Apprentice
Honestly it depends how big the event is, if its a local I don't see much of a problem since your all there to play etc. For larger events it might be a little more complicated as you have people paying a lot of money and travel from afar to attend. Here I would be tempted to say no don't enter and focus on running it until you are comfortable with running tournaments or have a team of players helping you so you can work around each other.

I am a TO for my local scene and I have only not entered once, all the other times I will enter and if an issue arises that I can't play I will DQ myself.

It really does depend on your situation though, if you only have 2-3 hours to get the tournament done and can't afford delays then once again I would likely not enter, but if you've got all day and its a very relaxed environment I wouldn't not enter.

You need to ask yourself, do you have enough time to run it? Do you feel confident you can run it effectively? Do you foresee anything that could cause delays to the tournament because of you entering? and Lastly is there anything else you need to be managing other than the bracket (ie Are you running a Stream, managing overlays, commentating or managing who is commentating etc?).

I hope this gives you a better idea!

:ness:
Thanks, this is very helpful! I'll probably get some of my friends from my gaming club to help out and just make it a club accomplishment sort of thing.

Top Bottom