• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about boost grabbing?

Zedic!

Smash Rookie
I read on the wiki that boost grabbing was only beneficial to sheik, and the spacies.
I tried marth's boost grab, and it increases the already good range considerably (at least thats what it looked like)
What other characters benefit from the boost grab? Even if its the tiniest increase in range?
Also, i tried the boost grab with my main (dr mario), and im really stuck on that one. It seems like the range is increased....

stelzig

Smash Lord
Now I haven't actually tried boostgrabbing with marth in some time, but... From what I remember it actually decreases the range from his normal dashgrab and is absolutely inferior to his JC grab.

If you want to boostgrab with other characters, then do it with doc/mario or puff or something so you can get an awesome dashattack sound on your grab, lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mewtwo's boost grab is weird as ****.

& don't trust smash wiki. & boost grabbing takes a few extra frames compared to JC grab so you're usually better off running for another frame or two then JC grabbing. just a few cases where it's untrue when there's quick translation in the dash attack animation (e.g. sheik) in the startup frames.

gm jack

Smash Lord
It's something only widely used by sheiks, whereby doing a dash attack, then cancelling it into a grab performs a dash grab with greatly extended reach.

With other characters, it either does nothing different to the dash grab or is decidedly worse.

Top Bottom