• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about 3.6 up B

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys.

so previously.. at low % if i ever hit someone into the air with like an up tilt or something. i'd like to follow up with fair -> Up B. so they'd land from the fair and then up B will hit .and i can conitinue pressure if i aura cancel into a jab or something. or into a up tilt after up b.

but in 3.6. sometimes when i try up B -> Aura cancel -> Up tilt. i get up air instead? and i think i saw some change about being airborn post up B or something but not sure whats going on

sometimes the up B-> cancel -> up tilt works fine. and sometimes a up air will come out instead.

anyone else running into this?

Last edited:

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
Hey guys.

so previously.. at low % if i ever hit someone into the air with like an up tilt or something. i'd like to follow up with fair -> Up B. so they'd land from the fair and then up B will hit .and i can conitinue pressure if i aura cancel into a jab or something. or into a up tilt after up b.

but in 3.6. sometimes when i try up B -> Aura cancel -> Up tilt. i get up air instead? and i think i saw some change about being airborn post up B or something but not sure whats going on

sometimes the up B-> cancel -> up tilt works fine. and sometimes a up air will come out instead.

anyone else running into this?
I haven't noticed this between changes, however I'm fairly certain that in both version you'd have to be parallel/touching the ground so when you aura cancel, you're reset to standing which allows for ground follow-ups. Happens when I recover sometimes, I AC to standing into say an FSmash or something. I could be wrong though, but that's just my experience.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
You should try inputing a fast fall after the aura cancel and see if that solves your problem.

Misuse

Smash Cadet
Also don't go directly sideways, angle it down 45 degrees in the direction you want, works for me most of the time

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
yeah i do that and it worked just fine in 3.02 and 3.5. but recently its stopped working 100% for me

Gooch

Smash Cadet
yeah, this doesnt work 100 percent of the time for me either, Its an actual thing, not just user error. I think it has to do with the new ending animation for ESpeed cancelling.

Top Bottom