• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That would be an amazing idea, sadly never see them doing that haha
Yeah, Nintendo never has the best ideas of going with certain things. Like, how the hell wasn't Ura Zelda not in the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time? OOT is the most acclaimed game of all time by critics and yet Nintendo never tries to bring back the cut N64DD add on Ura Zelda to Ocarina of Time ports or the remake. Miyamoto said Master Quest was Ura Zelda, but it was said that Ura Zelda was going to put in new dungeons and areas in Ocarina of Time so Master Quest can't be Ura Zelda.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Medusa for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Kid Icarus is Sakurai's franchise thanks to Kid Icarus Uprising, and though Pit has his rival with Dark Pit, Medusa has always been Pit's main antagonist. I love Hades, he's hilarious and is filled with personality but he feels more like a spoiler character that's best experienced by being introduced to him in Kid Icarus Uprising. Medusa, on the other hand, is a character that's a non-spoiler and was introduced in the original game as the main antagonist. The Ridley argument regarding her size is no longer relevant as Ridley was shrunk to accommodate the fighter size so the same can happen for Medusa, too. Smash is also lacking in villain and female representation and Medusa fits the criteria for both. Also, as a Sakurai-reboot character, she's bound to get special treatment.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I'm gonna post some Medusa fan art here, just for old times' sake.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
One question to all of you, how do i export a model from SPICA with textures and animations?
Try batch exporting and including animations. Though having tried it it looks like maybe spica's animation exporter is a little bugged.
Not an answer but here's what I have so far in Blender. All texture but no animations.

Attachments

tempestygo

Smash Rookie
Try batch exporting and including animations. Though having tried it it looks like maybe spica's animation exporter is a little bugged.
Not an answer but here's what I have so far in Blender. All texture but no animations.
Nice :D
So how do i batch export lol

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Has there been any progress on your fan projects?
The people behind PMEX modpack have been doing an amazing job on polishing the Palutena backport PSA Kitsune did last year before she retired and shared everything on BrawlVault.

Sadly despite that, and despite some good interests, nobody hasn't got up in arms to polish the Medusa PSA. I wish I could do it, but I'm still saving up for a new computer fit for emulation and 3D work.

This is embarrassing, I finally found her cinematic model rather than the boss fight model.

Not much of a difference, though she actually has articulated fingers and her snakes T-pose.
ooo nice!
but what's with the glowy purple spots?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The people behind PMEX modpack have been doing an amazing job on polishing the Palutena backport PSA Kitsune did last year before she retired and shared everything on BrawlVault.

Sadly despite that, and despite some good interests, nobody hasn't got up in arms to polish the Medusa PSA. I wish I could do it, but I'm still saving up for a new computer fit for emulation and 3D work.

ooo nice!
but what's with the glowy purple spots?
I'm using an Overlay mixer. There's probably a better one but I've nothing else to color the snakes.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I'm using an Overlay mixer. There's probably a better one but I've nothing else to color the snakes.
i see then

also the Melee community got something real sweet recently, somebody backported Smash 2's Wolf into Melee with the help of a tool called "M-EX" on the "Akaneia build" mod.
Hopefully this paves way of future character mods with Palutena and Medusa included. :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Back again with another piece of Medusa fan art. Has anyone ever heard of the Fate series?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Fate? Sounds familiar. But Medusa looking like she's basically just chilling.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
Hey Medusa fans, long time no speak! Just thought I'd share for those who might not have seen so far that Sakurai talked about Kid Icarus Uprising recently as part of the Harada's Bar series on YouTube (it was also highlighted in Nintendo Life). Nice to see him talking about his old series at least!

On a separate note, did we ever think about a moveset for Medusa based on Kid Icarus Uprising Together Mode Powers? That's what Palutena's movesets for both SSB4 and SSBU were always based on right? There are a few moves which are more characterful for the Dark non-angel team which I think would work well for Medusa:

Darkness- causes blind effect on targets
Virus - causes sickness and weakness in surrounding targets
Spite - sacrifices health and cause an explosion (this move can only be used by the Dark aligned non-angel team!)
Poison Attack - poison buff on attacks
Petrify Attack - petrification buff on attacks

Just thought I'd share for fun! And, just as we wait for the final DLC character in the challenger pack (with rumours of bonus characters on the way) I thought I'd just mention that as much as I suspect it will be someone like Phoenix Wright if you believe the leaks, I still hold a tiny sliver of hope in my heart for Medusa if bonus characters are indeed brought in at a later date. Even just as an echo character! If both Light and Dark characters can share the powers shown above, there's no reason Medusa couldn't use the same ones as Palutena even if it looks a little odd with her using light themed moves. I'd just make them all purple light, similar to the purple light effect already used in the barrier smash move.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
sigh If only... if only...

I’m leaving this here because, well...

Thank you all, you were a lovely audience!

What is the video? Unfortunately, its unavailable in my country.

Also, just wanna say here's hoping we get a new Kid Icarus in the coming years. Uprising really is a gem and Medusa was a standout act in that. An echo of Palutena with a different down B like Chrom/Roy was all I ever really wanted, but there's always the chances of a full fledged character next time around.

Last edited:

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah, after the game launched and the roster was revealed I wasn't expecting Medusa to be a DLC character, for obvious reasons. So I'm not 'that' disappointed, but I'd love to be able to play as my queen. Maybe in the next Smash, but we all know it won't be as good as Ultimate.

Top Bottom