• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
i honestly thought Pandora was just a 2D image on sight, that looks pretty impressive it was really 3D with some fiery surroundings to pose as 2-Dimensional lol
imagine a dumb Bayonetta mod with Thanatos as the model swap XD
For the record this is her side view
1576111144876.png

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
YAY, I threw a couple of ideas at VelvetKitsune for her Medusa Brawl mod and he/she liked them!
Maybe we'll see those changes in the future. :3 BTW, I'm talking about the slash/teleport and a Falcon/Warlock Punch-like move, she might lose her arm for a second (for flavour's sake), or maybe it can act as some kind of cooldown for the move.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I ripped the Great Sacred Treasure.
1576183115780.png

I'm sick of crying
Tired of trying
Yeah I'm smiling
But inside I'm
1576183367611.png

Great Sacred Treasure Pit

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Boo, VelvetKitsune told he/she will be focusing on adding characters from UItimate before continuing with the Medusa mod T-T

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Boo, VelvetKitsune told he/she will be focusing on adding characters from UItimate before continuing with the Medusa mod T-T
i say its fine, i believe Kitsune wants to focus on getting Palutena fully done than WIP before completing Medusa
while WarioTails is doing Terry atm and a very big Hero PSA, i'd love to see someone try to get Ultimate K.Rool in PM already.

not like there's much to do tbh

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Today I learned how to bake textures.
1576399376192.png

I lost some model quality and my texture maps look absolutely hellish now...
Nuno_Hebi_Kami_vert.png
but now you can put her model in any mod without using a complex node setup.
After I fix her hair, someone contact that person who made that Medusa mod to see if they're interested in no longer having white snakes.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The model is kind of compromised, but now even dummies can play with her. The most complex she gets are the alpha maps.

Attachments

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Today I learned how to bake textures.
View attachment 253107
I lost some model quality and my texture maps look absolutely hellish now...
View attachment 253108
but now you can put her model in any mod without using a complex node setup.
After I fix her hair, someone contact that person who made that Medusa mod to see if they're interested in no longer having white snakes.
will do!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Been very busy with some commissions for this time of the year, but I took a quick break to do this XD
saaaame
i wish i had a Medusa-related commission to do, but its just usual stuff
just wanna have that chance to draw cute ol' Medusa again ;v;

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I had to do something I don't even remember what it was and a bunch of padoru-style characters, so once I got used to them I made a quick Medusa just for fun of it :p

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
ZenythSmash ZenythSmash So I'm putting Smash Hades together by overlaying his Smash textures with his Uprising model.
I was wondering if you had any other Smash Uprising trophies on hand. I'm most interested in Twinbellows since his texture setup in Uprising is horrible and hopefully his Smash 3DS trophy is better somehow.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
ZenythSmash ZenythSmash So I'm putting Smash Hades together by overlaying his Smash textures with his Uprising model.
I was wondering if you had any other Smash Uprising trophies on hand. I'm most interested in Twinbellows since his texture setup in Uprising is horrible and hopefully his Smash 3DS trophy is better somehow.
i actually do have Hades' trophy model but i have to ask a certain person if they could grab me the Twinbellows' trophy model (if its there of course, haven't touched 3DS Smash for the longest time now lol)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
i actually do have Hades' trophy model but i have to ask a certain person if they could grab me the Twinbellows' trophy model (if its there of course, haven't touched 3DS Smash for the longest time now lol)
I also tried submitting Medusa with the Smash textures to MR, but it got rejected due to Ohana3DS texture corruption, so if the request does go through, I'd like to have the texture file in its original form.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
alrighty then
i'll have to find that again tho

also here's the ZIP
https://mega.nz/#!wE5nlKqB!7dh1nLhbImby9zPjTVtgSRfIOArms6gWS0u_B1F2D6U
Crisis averted, I managed to get my hands on ALL the 3DS model rips.
https://mega.nz/#!VZJQyADB!xybNXZVr31Tg5diWdNwC69bFei3fYHcowz-Stv223yA
Also learned that the textures are packed in with the .bch, so you nor your distributor did nothing wrong, so sorry about that.
Current plan is to just dump the Uprising trophies and upload them onto MR, and leave it to the fans to make their own models with better textures.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Crisis averted, I managed to get my hands on ALL the 3DS model rips.
https://mega.nz/#!VZJQyADB!xybNXZVr31Tg5diWdNwC69bFei3fYHcowz-Stv223yA
Also learned that the textures are packed in with the .bch, so you nor your distributor did nothing wrong, so sorry about that.
Current plan is to just dump the Uprising trophies and upload them onto MR, and leave it to the fans to make their own models with better textures.
sounds like a big plan! i wish you greater blessings on this!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
YAY, I threw a couple of ideas at VelvetKitsune for her Medusa Brawl mod and he/she liked them!
Maybe we'll see those changes in the future. :3 BTW, I'm talking about the slash/teleport and a Falcon/Warlock Punch-like move, she might lose her arm for a second (for flavour's sake), or maybe it can act as some kind of cooldown for the move.
Losing a arm for a second and popping up a new one? Sounds like Orochimaru from Naruto lol! That's awesome!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Haven't been in here since... July? wow. Still a big Medusa supporter even though I haven't been popping in. Loved all the comics and fanart Klaymoor Klaymoor has made. hope to see more too. And liking all these rips you guys are doing.

I would love to see her come in, though I feel it could be 50-50 on how Sakurai decides to make her. A Echo, or maybe an Isabelle like status pulling a lot more from Palutena's old custom moves, which I think would be cool. Heavenly light, and Firework in particular I think could be good replacment B moves for her Neutral and/or Down B respecftully.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Apparently Kitsune is dealing with some fires in Australia, giving her stress on Brawl modding work.
probably should message her about the Medusa stuff a later time or ask to respond a later date

Shame her new years didn't go so well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Apparently Kitsune is dealing with some fires in Australia, giving her stress on Brawl modding work.
probably should message her about the Medusa stuff a later time or ask to respond a later date

Shame her new years didn't go so well.
That sucks to hear. I pray she will get through that. She can take as much time as she want's with the mod as far as I am is concerned.

Jovian the Conqueror

Smash Cadet
Let's take a look at another thing in common between Medusa and her counterpart in the manga Pygmalio: her being the personification of evil, whilst having an opposite number that is the personification of good. In Pygmalio, we are told Medusa and her rival, Galatea, were born at the exact same time when two stars fell east and west.

Pygmalio.jpg

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's take a look at another thing in common between Medusa and her counterpart in the manga Pygmalio: her being the personification of evil, whilst having an opposite number that is the personification of good. In Pygmalio, we are told Medusa and her rival, Galatea, were born at the exact same time when two stars fell east and west.

View attachment 256681

This is interesting, I actually never knew any of this.

Nice subject.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hopefully Medusa returns in the next Kid Icarus game.
She will. She was in the original as well as Uprising though I don't know if she was in the Gameboy game. Anyways, she has been in the series since the beginning so she is just about as important as Pit and Palutena.

Last edited:
Top Bottom