• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So how well do you guys think that the Sakurai moveset quote lineup well for Medusa's chances? I wish I could say VERY well since as a unique fighter Medusa would have a very unique moveset, but I see her only potential chance of getting in is as a Echo if possible honestly.

Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen Wonder Woman: Bloodlines? It features in it an incarnation of Medusa voiced by guess who... Cree Summer! Though this Medusa is nowhere near as beautiful as Uprising Medusa.
I KNEW that I was right in making those Wonder Woman/Kid Icarus comparisons/connections, so even that voice acting in-joke has an emotional payoff for me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Dunno if anyone's doing any model tweaks on what I uploaded here, but I put her through SPICA to research how to make a more accurate model if anyone's interested. Main issue I notices was that my current model doesn't have a fade and her hair itself animates the textures.
1573091679011.png

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Jovian the Conqueror Jovian the Conqueror In my objective and totally unbiased opinion, there's no version of Medusa more beautiful than the KIU one. /s
Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt I have yet to open the file you shared a while ago, but still, I don't remember the first thing about 3D modeling and stuff, I studied that like 15 years or so ago and never did anything with it. XD But that new model looks great in my opinion.
A little inside on Smash Bros development, maybe Medusa's sideboob is an issue :v
1573145188912.png

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Jovian the Conqueror Jovian the Conqueror In my objective and totally unbiased opinion, there's no version of Medusa more beautiful than the KIU one. /s
Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt I have yet to open the file you shared a while ago, but still, I don't remember the first thing about 3D modeling and stuff, I studied that like 15 years or so ago and never did anything with it. XD But that new model looks great in my opinion.
A little inside on Smash Bros development, maybe Medusa's sideboob is an issue :v
View attachment 245659
At best, they can try and cover it up.

Not that she needs it.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I bought a new tablet and it makes me so happy. For practice's sake I fixed one of my old sketches :p
Medusa goddess.png

Last edited:

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's because they both kinda look a basic villain in their respective goddess/human form? :p

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
I know I can't help but make Kid Icarus and Pygmalio comparisons, but...

View attachment 246150
Meanwhile, I’m probably more likely to make comparisons to Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac for Kid Icarus’ anime influences.
He says, having only seen a handful of episodes of the original series, the Netflix remake, and clips of the 2014 movie Legend of Sanctuary.

Jovian the Conqueror

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile, I’m probably more likely to make comparisons to Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac for Kid Icarus’ anime influences.
He says, having only seen a handful of episodes of the original series, the Netflix remake, and clips of the 2014 movie Legend of Sanctuary.
Athena from that series sure does look a lot like Lady Palutena.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Dunno if anyone's doing any model tweaks on what I uploaded here, but I put her through SPICA to research how to make a more accurate model if anyone's interested. Main issue I notices was that my current model doesn't have a fade and her hair itself animates the textures.
View attachment 245591
is that the SSB3DS trophy model or the idol model from TMR?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Might be some kind of ultra blasphemy, but I also ripped Hades.
View attachment 243609
that cold disinterest on Medusa's face XD
Neither, it should be her boss model from Chapter 9.
HOLY, somebody finally ripped it! even Hades!
you're a lifesaver (again, haha), her boss and cutscene models is all i ever need for any potiental Brawl modding i do with her in the deep future

also are you planning to other characters as well? would be nice to get the multiplayer Pit models, Viridi, and Amazon Pandora...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
that cold disinterest on Medusa's face XD

HOLY, somebody finally ripped it! even Hades!
you're a lifesaver (again, haha), her boss and cutscene models is all i ever need for any potiental Brawl modding i do with her in the deep future

also are you planning to other characters as well? would be nice to get the multiplayer Pit models, Viridi, and Amazon Pandora...
Wasn't planning on it, but I can look for them.
Also porting Medusa will be easier said than done, a good chunk of what makes her model work is vertex colors on the model itself...

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Wasn't planning on it, but I can look for them.
Also porting Medusa will be easier said than done, a good chunk of what makes her model work is vertex colors on the model itself...
interesting....
also please do

has Smashified/Curiomatic done anything new as of late after the Crono render?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
interesting....
also please do

has Smashified/Curiomatic done anything new as of late after the Crono render?
What I have so far:
A bunch of Hades variations. Unfortunately I don't know how to put his textures together, especially the last one.
1575690208383.png 1575690378439.png 1575690645643.png 1575689933566.png

Attachments

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Since my model got some attention again, wanted to throw up how her model works and how I colored her snakes. This is why I said modding her in was going to be difficult.
Unless...
ZenythSmash ZenythSmash , you asked me if I used the 3DS trophy as a reference. There a chance you have that model? That might be textured differently.
medusacomposite.png medusanaked.png medusavertex.png

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I remember someone shared a link to her trophy a while ago, can't seem to find it, though

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
ZenythSmash ZenythSmash , you asked me if I used the 3DS trophy as a reference. There a chance you have that model? That might be textured differently.
I remember someone shared a link to her trophy a while ago, can't seem to find it, though
I would check page 30 onwards for that model. That’s the page range I recall that it was posted then (largely because I joined the thread at around that time).
UPDATE:
https://mega.nz/#!wE5nlKqB!7dh1nLhbImby9zPjTVtgSRfIOArms6gWS0u_B1F2D6U
sorry to keep you waiting! (**** having no internet STILL)
Ha! Found it on page 31!

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
What I have so far:
A bunch of Hades variations. Unfortunately I don't know how to put his textures together, especially the last one.
View attachment 250694View attachment 250703View attachment 250711View attachment 250691
I don't blame ya, Hades' texturing is frustratingly complex to put together.

Ooooh! Nice!
Can you export her swords, bombs and fake chest traps too?

Since my model got some attention again, wanted to throw up how her model works and how I colored her snakes. This is why I said modding her in was going to be difficult.
Unless...
View attachment 251407View attachment 251408View attachment 251409
I actually still do have it
But i have to look for the MEGA first

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I don't blame ya, Hades' texturing is frustratingly complex to put together.

Ooooh! Nice!
Can you export her swords, bombs and fake chest traps too?

I actually still do have it
But i have to look for the MEGA first
So I have good news and bad news; Bad news being that her Smash model also has vertex colors (Also had to extract it from the original file format rather than the .obj since color information doesn't export there)

Good news is that her Smash textures are compatible with her Uprising model.
medusasmash.png

https://i.imgur.com/dTBwPTA.png

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
So I have good news and bad news; Bad news being that her Smash model also has vertex colors (Also had to extract it from the original file format rather than the .obj since color information doesn't export there)

Good news is that her Smash textures are compatible with her Uprising model.
https://i.imgur.com/dTBwPTA.png
View attachment 251578
That's decent news regardless lol

also, seems like a certain somebody was browsing these threads :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWawW-YboA
no fair, i called dibs first ;v;

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Got both versions. Good luck with putting her together.
i'll try my best

also since we have an upcoming medusa mod for Brawl (via BrawlEX/PM), what does everyone think of it?
i like how Kitsu creatively used a reapette for her forward smash to creatively replace Palutena's wing attack

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I really like it, and honestly she doesn't look so weird running around and jumping with her long dress. I hope this mod could end up being applied to other games like Smash 4 and Ultimate :p

Top Bottom