• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I’m doing alright, taking life one day at a time.
I don’t know if anyone knows this but the Echo voting thread is having a poll on who Palutena’s Echo Fighter should be, Medusa (our girl!) or Viridi. Cast your vote if you haven’t already!
UPDATE!
Guys, you might want to have a look at these.

That is all.
i saw
the guy said she's in the backburner to be modded in
let's pray she gets picked up next in the future :D

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Is there something we can do to push her to the... er.... "front burner"? :p

Part 3! If you guys were worried about the funny/goofy Medusa from the last comic-thingy, don't, she's back to her angry self we all know and love. :3

IDK why it can't be shown in full resolution >.>

Attachments

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Viridi. She already has a pretty meaty role in Smash. It's only natural that she graduates to playable like Palutena did post-Brawl.
Off topic story: Melee was the first time I was introduce to a lot of Nintendo's franchises outside of their big 3 Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. I remember seeing Falco, Slippy, and Peppy on Corneria in Adventure Mode pretty much telling Fox to kick my ***! One day the "Challenger Approaching" screen appears and I have no idea who it is before the match starts. Battlefield loads up and it's Falco and I say "It's the bird man that told Fox to kick my ***! Now I'm finally going to kick his ***!" :laugh:

Last edited:

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
OK, I screwed up, this one was supposed to come before the previous one. e.e
Part 2.5 "Medusa's Mirror"
And I'm done! I might do just one (1) more as a sort of epilogue, but I won't torture you with them anymore :p

Attachments

D

Deleted member

And I'm done! I might do just one (1) more as a sort of epilogue, but I won't torture you with them anymore :p
I should've said it sooner but youre a pretty good artist!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Medusa: I look so good!!

Me: Medusa you don't look good, you look fantastic.

Last edited:

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I just want to clarify that I made these little comics not to be funny or anything, but to explain a possible transition from "gorgon Medusa" to "goddess Medusa", so I don't have to draw a bunch of snakes every time I need/want to draw her, but also retaining the possibility of using her gorgon form for whatever reason.
Also to point out that even if they reverted her back to a goddess look, I doubt she'd be 'popular'. Which is something I wanted to expand upon in the (possible) epilogue.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Shoot. My only complaint with the game's mechanics is the absolute randomness of the weapon system. :p

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
with Hero stuff going around, you think Pit having some RNG system where he use random weapons per special would break the meta?

D

Deleted member

Shoot. My only complaint with the game's mechanics is the absolute randomness of the weapon system. :p
Sorry for the hiatus but im back after 25 years. So here are my gripes with Kid Icarus's mechanics:

Unnecessary rng.

I cant buy what weapons i want, i cant upgrade them the way i want, and with weapon fusion i cant choose what stats i want carried over to my new weapon. Also getting powers in treasure chests is so dumb considering you already have unlimited acces to those powers once you unlocked them.

Stamina bar.

That alone lowered the game from an 100 out of 10 to a 7, its the equivalent of tripping in Brawl. Having a penalty for excessive dodging is balanced enough.

Weapons.

They should buff slow weapon's speed classes rationally. That way clubs are so slow make you too much of a sitting duck. Also give clubs continuous fire that are weak wind slashes.

Powers

Theyre a mess. Navigating through a small menu when youre in the heat of battle is such bad level design. At the very least in single player they should give you a small pause about which powers you select. Or press an orb then quickly select the power you want through mapping it on certain locations on your touch screen. On another note healing your health, curing status effects, and recovering from crisis's should come automatically.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the hiatus but im back after 25 years. So here are my gripes with Kid Icarus's mechanics:

Unnecessary rng.

I cant buy what weapons i want, i cant upgrade them the way i want, and with weapon fusion i cant choose what stats i want carried over to my new weapon. Also getting powers in treasure chests is so dumb considering you already have unlimited acces to those powers once you unlocked them.

Stamina bar.

That alone lowered the game from an 100 out of 10 to a 7, its the equivalent of tripping in Brawl. Having a penalty for excessive dodging is balanced enough.

Weapons.

They should buff slow weapon's speed classes rationally. That way clubs are so slow make you too much of a sitting duck. Also give clubs continuous fire that are weak wind slashes.

Powers

Theyre a mess. Navigating through a small menu when youre in the heat of battle is such bad level design. At the very least in single player they should give you a small pause about which powers you select. Or press an orb then quickly select the power you want through mapping it on certain locations on your touch screen. On another note healing your health, curing status effects, and recovering from crisis's should come automatically.
I guess not being able to choose which powers can be transfered in a fusion was a way to balance the game a little bit. You can sorta control what you will get, but it takes so darn much effort that isn't worth it.

I don't have a problem with the stamina bar TBH.

I agree clubs aren't the best weapon type. The idea is that they are slow but powerful weapons, but maybe they are a tad too slow.
That being said, having both RNG and making clubs slow didn't stop some players from building insane Magnus Clubs with high speed, totally dominating multiplayer back in the day.

Powers should've been mapped to the face buttons of the 3DS, sure, they'd be a little out of the way, but it would've been way faster than scrolling through them while also playing the game.

Random person: Why not both?

Echo: "Why not both?!" "WHY NOT BOTH?!!"

Medusa: I'LL TELL YOU WHY!!

Me: Why Ms. Medusa?
Originally I planned for 2 extra panels, one of Medusa yelling "Because I want to win!" while beating Sunny-Zee, and in the next one my character trying to calm her down by telling her it wasn't worth it because it was just a YT video, but she didn't care. :p
But I'm lazy :p

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Originally I planned for 2 extra panels, one of Medusa yelling "Because I want to win!" while beating Sunny-Zee, and in the next one my character trying to calm her down by telling her it wasn't worth it because it was just a YT video, but she didn't care. :p
But I'm lazy :p
Wait, I didn't realize that was S Sunny-Zee in that art lol!

Edit:

I thought you guys might be interested.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
There's always chances for more DLCs in the future. World of Light datamining has shown a bunch of empty spaces for characters (for up to 10 extra characters, if Nintendo is willing to support this game for 2 more years)
EDIT: I told you there were going to be more DLC!

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
How much of a chance do you guys suppose Medusa has now that it's a fact there will be even more DLC fighters? Not to be a debby downer but I still estimate it pretty low.. I would do anything to have her in, but it seems so unlikely.. maybe as an echo if they decided to make more of those but I doubt that.

Also long time no see!

Even if she was a mii costume I'd be here for it tbh

D

Deleted member

How much of a chance do you guys suppose Medusa has now that it's a fact there will be even more DLC fighters? Not to be a debby downer but I still estimate it pretty low.. I would do anything to have her in, but it seems so unlikely.. maybe as an echo if they decided to make more of those but I doubt that.

Also long time no see!
I say this with a heavy heart but i've made my peace that Medusa isnt getting in smash unfortunately.

Shes an extremely underrated character from an already underrated series.

She has such a cool and gorgeous design and she has more depth than people give her credit for.

And yet she hardly has any fans. Even Kid Icarus Fans are next to non existant, any fanart about them comes from smash instead of their game.

And on top of all of that we live in a world where a goomba with a durag is one of the most requested characters and eclipses the likes of actual important and interesting Kirby characters like Marx and Dark Matter.

Unless by some miracle Kid Icarus Uprising gets a sequel or at the very least an HD port on the Switch i dont see Medusa joining the roster anytime soon.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
I say this with a heavy heart but i've made my peace that Medusa isnt getting in smash unfortunately.

Shes an extremely underrated character from an already underrated series.

She has such a cool and gorgeous design and she has more depth than people give her credit for.

And yet she hardly has any fans. Even Kid Icarus Fans are next to non existant, any fanart about them comes from smash instead of their game.

And on top of all of that we live in a world where a goomba with a durag is one of the most requested characters and eclipses the likes of actual important and interesting Kirby characters like Marx and Dark Matter.

Unless by some miracle Kid Icarus Uprising gets a sequel or at the very least an HD port on the Switch i dont see Medusa joining the roster anytime soon.
You know, I had made my peace too.. but when they announced there will be even more DLC it sparked something in me.. gave me a glimmer of hope, took me back to pre-release speculation. It's so **** because I keep imagining what it would be like if she got revealed and if she was playable, just like I always imagined back then.. I just wasn't ready for these desperate feels. The reality is that she is unlikely to get in and if we would get another KI character it would probably be Viridi, let's be real. As much as I dislike saying that.

D

Deleted member

and if we would get another KI character it would probably be Viridi, let's be real. As much as I dislike saying that.
If a KI character that isnt Medusa would get in smash i'd much rather want Hades to join than Viridi by a landslide.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anything is possible.

It could be any KI character honestly, we will see if Sakurai will go for it.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
And don't forget all the yaoi, it makes searching for "kid icarus" in Pixiv almost pointless. :v
But yes, I remember back in the day Palutena barely had any kind of fanart, then she got announced for Smash and suddenly she got way too much, way too fast.

My guess is that the DLCs will be like the ones we already have, 3rd party characters, very unexpected and/or requested by fans (except Goku, stop asking)
IF Medusa ever gets into Smash she'll be introduced as part of the initial roster of a future Smash Bros game, but never as DLC, those spots are reserved for "bigger" characters.
Also, she's a very niche character for a very niche audience. We Medusa fans are very very few, and we certainly aren't noisy enough to be heard, especially by Nintendo. We could start twitting Medusa fanart to Sakurai and see what happens. :'3

It just sucks that other franchises got their villains and that really got my hopes up for her to join, but I think it's way too late for that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since our gal is back on the table we should be discussing about her each day, showning fanart, and discussing about the Kid Icarus games.

We need to let people know that the queen isn't down.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we should do that, but we need to have some reach, y'know, YouTube, Twitter and other social media, not just this forum.

Top Bottom