• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing realised
If Medusa gets in, she NEEDS a guidance.
Even if they have to repurpose some of Pit and Palutena's old lines

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
One thing realised
If Medusa gets in, she NEEDS a guidance.
Even if they have to repurpose some of Pit and Palutena's old lines
Using a “fake shemp” to string together a guidance where they actually know each other, or maybe reveal that the standard DLC guidance is an actual prerecorded message in universe, much to our girl’s consternation.
And what about guidances of her own? :D
I’m getting the impression that she would do some color commentary with salt, dry deadpan wit, and a “so done with everything” attitude.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just dropping by here to show my support to Medusa. It feels great to have more villains in the game with K. Rool and Ridley getting in. Though I feel that there should be more female villains or rivals such as Capt. Syrup, Gruntilda, and Medusa. Her history with the franchise speaks for itself. It makes sense for her to be the next viable character from Kid Icarus. I have never played Uprising, but I have always wanted to. I don't own a 3DS. I really wished that Uprising would have been a home console game on the Wii U at the time. It would have looked amazing. A Switch port would be awesome too. I support Medusa for Smash.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai doesn’t really do tightly-wrapped and sensible stories very well, does he? At least it makes more sense than whatever Nomura cooks up for each Kingdom Hearts, right?

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played any KH games, but I heard some... stuff about the writing, and yeeeaaaaaaah...
And about Sakurai games... Kirby games, Smash, KIU and Meteos (IDK what it is, I just heard about it's existence). Yeah, not much story among them, I dare say KIU is the only one with an actual story to it. And I just pointed out a plothole of sorts in it so I can assume you're right. :p

D

Deleted member

Medusa is an extremely underrated villian from an underrated series. Shes one of my most wanted characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Give the man a break, he doesn't want to do long-running series of stories (like Kumazaki seems to be trying to do with Kirby).

Granted, it doesn't help that Brawl had a writer from Square-Enix involved with the story of that one. No words for a long story is an experiment that failed, and they know it.

Although it still beats Kratos only managing to defeat the gods of Olympus in God Of War, mostly because they acted like blithering idiots at crucial moments.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
God of War's plot in the first game made some sense but the sequels seemed to be written by people who only knew that Kratos was a mad lad with a dead family who killed a God.

I haven't played GOW: Beard edition so I wouldn't know how it works.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer viridi over medusa but she can be cool so i'll support her .

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Medusa is an extremely underrated villian from an underrated series. Shes one of my most wanted characters.
So much this. Most of the time Sometimes I don't understand what people are thinking, especially with what's supposed to be "popular" and what isn't. I usually end up liking the thing that most people don't, Medusa (and KIU itself to an extent) is a prime example of this. The lack of fans of hers is... demoralizing to say the least. I bet y'all if she was a loli they'll all over her, oh, wait... https://gbf.wiki/images/e/e0/Npc_zoom_3040123000_01.png

Give the man a break, he doesn't want to do long-running series of stories (like Kumazaki seems to be trying to do with Kirby).
Ah, come on, I'm just having some fun. xD

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Medusa's biggest problem is that most people who played Kid Icarus Uprising never played the NES original (or Myths & Monsters but she's not even in that one), so Hades is the arch-villain as far as most of the modern KI fandom is concerned.

No words for a long story is an experiment that failed, and they know it.
You say that, but it was totally worth it to see things like Diddy Kong and Fox McCloud teaming up to fight Rayquaza. Sometimes, over-the-top awesomeness speaks for itself. The lack of a proper Subspace Emissary follow-up is the most disappointing thing about Ultimate, imo.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Planet Cool Planet Cool That's a very good point. Plus she was underused in the game (despite being prominently featured in commercials and stuff).

For me Subspace Emmisary wasn't more than an excuse for some fun character interactions and a couple of awesome moments. I really didn't care much about the mode itself and it's pseudo story (which is kind of inexistant?). Just my 2 cents.

D

Deleted member

Medusa's biggest problem is that most people who played Kid Icarus Uprising never played the NES original (or Myths & Monsters but she's not even in that one), so Hades is the arch-villain as far as most of the modern KI fandom is concerned.
I wouldnt think thats to blame for Medusa being ignored in favor for Hades and Viridi but morso that people think screentime = importance. Medusa was the main villain longer than the others, everyone else took small turns being the main threat for a 3-4 chapters.

D

Deleted member

I dunno if anyones done this already but heres my take on Medusa's classic mode route.

:ultzss::ultike: ( Gaol and Magnus )
:ultdarkpit:
:ultsimon: ( Poseidon )
:ultsamus: and Giant :ultinkling: ( The Space Pirate Captain and the Kraken )
:ultpit:
:ultpalutena:
:ultganondorf:, Ganon. ( Hades )

The theme is that she fights prominent characters that opposed her.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but she's one antagonist and she replace medusa so she could be in her arcade mode.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but she's one antagonist and she replace medusa so she could be in her arcade mode.
What are you talking about? If you're asking why Viridi isnt in Medusa's classic mode route thats because Viridi didn't oppose Medusa. If you're asking why i want Medusa in smash over Viridi well its for the very simple reason that Medusa is more important than Viridi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I was asking for the classic mode but the kraken didn't really oppose her if i remember correctly.

D

Deleted member

I was asking for the classic mode but the kraken didn't really oppose her if i remember correctly.
The reason i put the space pirates and the Kraken is because Medusa wanted to prevent Pit and Palutena from getting the 3 sacred treasures.

D

Deleted member

Oh i see .I guess that make sense
Eh fwiw here are some classic mode routes that does feature Viridi. Hades's classic mode route and some changes i made to Pit's.

Hades
:ultfalco: giant ( The Pheonix )
:ultrobinf: red and 4 green :ultsamus: ( Viridi and her gaurds )
Hades ( Phyrron )
:ultfalcon: ( The Chariot Master )
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:
:ultkingdedede: Galleom. ( Dyntos and The Great Sacred Treasure )
Basically the same deal as Medusa's theme.

Pit's route
:ultdarksamus: ( Pandora )
:ultdarkpit:
:ultbayonetta1: ( Medusa )
:ultrobinf: and giant :ultkirby: ( Viridi and Cragalanche )
:ultridley: ( Chaos Kin )
:ultganondorf:, Ganon ( Hades )

His route is about the key plotpoints of Kid Icarus Uprising. He teams up with Dark Pit against Dark Samus and Ridley.

D

Deleted member

I'm about to make my life a whole lot easier. :p
My guess for Medusa not using the rewind spring sooner is taking down Palutena came before reversing the curse. Pandora basically did the same thing.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
It's still right there, it'd take less than 5 minutes to use it, especially considering gods can teleport.
TBH the Rewind Spring feels like an afterthought, it's unnecessary and very detrimental for the story (and any future story). Just having something that reverts things to a prior state makes EVERYTHING less important and kinda pointless, not to mention it's something really hard to work around.
Why was the Rewind Spring the only way to heal Pit's wings? Can't Palutena or Viridi heal him? Or they could just kill him and revive him like Palutena does with all her soldiers.
Why didn't Medusa or Pandora use it? (sooner in the case of Pandora)
What is stopping Hades' spirit from going there and recovering his body? (kinda like Pandora did)
That's not even going retroactively to the first game (which is understandable, the Rewind Spring wasn't even a concept back than).

A possible workaround is making it so the Spring doesn't work on gods, but even that doesn't explain why Pandora waited for so long to use it (and the game didn't say anything about it so it'd be me making stuff up to justify bad writing).

D

Deleted member

It's still right there, it'd take less than 5 minutes to use it, especially considering gods can teleport.
TBH the Rewind Spring feels like an afterthought, it's unnecessary and very detrimental for the story (and any future story). Just having something that reverts things to a prior state makes EVERYTHING less important and kinda pointless, not to mention it's something really hard to work around.
Why was the Rewind Spring the only way to heal Pit's wings? Can't Palutena or Viridi heal him? Or they could just kill him and revive him like Palutena does with all her soldiers.
Why didn't Medusa or Pandora use it? (sooner in the case of Pandora)
What is stopping Hades' spirit from going there and recovering his body? (kinda like Pandora did)
That's not even going retroactively to the first game (which is understandable, the Rewind Spring wasn't even a concept back than).

A possible workaround is making it so the Spring doesn't work on gods, but even that doesn't explain why Pandora waited for so long to use it (and the game didn't say anything about it so it'd be me making stuff up to justify bad writing).
I never realized how stupid the rewind spring is. A good way to work around it is have Pit's wings take longer than usual to recover while Dark Pit fights the Underworld Army and let Pandora be revived by Hades. But even then, whats so different about Pit burning his wings and him dying to an enemy?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I never realized how stupid the rewind spring is. A good way to work around it is have Pit's wings take longer than usual to recover while Dark Pit fights the Underworld Army and let Pandora be revived by Hades. But even then, whats so different about Pit burning his wings and him dying to an enemy?
Because dramatic Icarus reference.

I dunno, when you push so much story for at least three games into a single one, you run out of good ideas sooner or later. Especially if you're on a deadline and barely have enough time to think up another McLargeHuge quest.

On a side note, I find it funny how both this and Solatorobo were DS/3DS games that had a metric ton of story, simply just in case there wouldn't be the need to make a sequel afterwards (although in Solato's case it was out of necessity, since CC2 couldn't afford to get another Little Brox Tail game approved for a good while).

Last edited:

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Part 2! Sorry for being so late, I've been working on a comission for the past few days. :p

Maybe something among the lines of "reviving Pit takes way longer/more energy than just letting him heal", so he could be out of action for 1 chapter and then back again in the next one. DarPi goes to do 'x' mission in Pit's place and that's when Hades steals Pandora's essence from him to reconstruct her.

We need more Little Tail Bronx games, and this is coming from someone who's not a furry. =P

Attachments

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You say that, but it was totally worth it to see things like Diddy Kong and Fox McCloud teaming up to fight Rayquaza. Sometimes, over-the-top awesomeness speaks for itself. The lack of a proper Subspace Emissary follow-up is the most disappointing thing about Ultimate, imo.
It would have been so sick to see all the villains teaming up together in Subspace Emissary 2 with how many of them we have now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got a question for this thread, if you could pick a second Kid Icarus rep to be included who would it be? Mines Hades.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I got a question for this thread, if you could pick a second Kid Icarus rep to be included who would it be? Mines Hades.
Viridi. She already has a pretty meaty role in Smash. It's only natural that she graduates to playable like Palutena did post-Brawl.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
I’m doing alright, taking life one day at a time.
I don’t know if anyone knows this but the Echo voting thread is having a poll on who Palutena’s Echo Fighter should be, Medusa (our girl!) or Viridi. Cast your vote if you haven’t already!
UPDATE!
Guys, you might want to have a look at these.

That is all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom