• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Welp, here are some of the ideas I have so far, any opinions/suggestions are welcome:
NOTE: I added some details from where I got the ideas.
Jabs: A quick 1-2 with her staff, 3rd hit onward turns into a multi-hit poison attack from her right hand (KIU boss battle), which can be DI'd out of. Has a DoT effect for a couple of seconds. (I'm thinking about moving her poison to forward tilt)
Forward Smash: Medusa punches the enemy with great force, possibly damaging herself (KIU, battle vs Hades)
Down Smash: Medusa uses her dark magic to attack her surroundings. (I think she does something like this in one of her idols)
Grab: A run of the mill short range grab with her right hand.
Grab+A: Medusa's snakes bite her opponent.
Grab+down: Medusa slams her opponent on the ground, and then attacks them with her staff, sending them upwards.
Grab+forward: the opponent is tossed forward with a disdainful gesture, sending them flying in a low angle.
Grab+back: Medusa does a 180° and throws her opponent very far.
Side B: Medusa uses her petrifying gaze to stun/turn her opponent into stone for a few seconds. Works similar to Mewtwo's Disable. (duh)
Up B: Medusa disappears for a brief moment before teleporting. A red claw mark appears on her destination. If this mark connects, the opponent receives a small amount of damage and they will be stunned for a moment. Shortly after Medusa teleports, slashing the enemy for a fair amount of damage. If the mark misses she will teleport normally. (KIU boss battle)

I have some other ideas but they don't fit her very well. Also, I just realized I never thought of any of her air moves xDu

If Nintendo decides to make a new KI game (or a port of KIU), I really want the option of being able to give hearts to Medusa, just like we could do with Palutena and Viridi in the 3DS. :I

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
YOOOOOO!!!! Main workload’s done, it’s time to PARTY!! Any adjustments you feel like you have to do shouldn’t take too long in comparison.
On another note, E3 is around the corner, so I have to ask; what are you most looking forward to seeing come out of the event?

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Mainly shortening her dress and adding the oher boot. Also, I want to add more random strands of hair, just for the fun of it XD
Thanks fo the song BTW :D
I'm looking forward to see more Smash DLC! I've heard rumours, but I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing XD
EDIT:This took me 30 minutes to design and it's a noticeable improvement over the one that took 3 months to complete xDu
1559673699587.png

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I've been working on a Smash game on Fantendo and made Medusa as part of my roster. I'll leave a link to her article, which I put together using various bits and pieces from various sources to bring something unique for Medusa.

https://fantendo.fandom.com/wiki/Medusa_(Galactic_Battle)

Also, here is a trailer that I wrote out for Medusa for the game as well.

The trailer begins with a shot of the same planet from World of Light, this time with a Smash Logo notably printed on it. It then zooms into an area that looks similar to Battlefield's design from Galactic Battle. Pit is seen running into the Battlefield, noting to an unseen Palutena that the devastation is greater than they thought. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Ryu, Ken, Duck Hunt, Chrom, Lucina, the Ice Climbers, and R.O.B. are all seen scattered around, having been KO'd, and turned to stone by an unknown force. As Pit arrives, he witnesses Link, Zelda, and Corrin each being KO'd by the unknown opponent, before each being turned into stone. Pit gulps, and tells Palutena that he feels that things aren't ending well for the other fighters, and preps himself for battle. Although he attempts to fight off the opponent, he is bitten by the opponent's hair, before being knocked out by the staff of the opponent. Pit tells Palutena, "I can't believe it! Impossible! She can't be back!" before being turned into stone. The figure walks up cackling, before a few shots of the figure ending with her eyes play. The figure raises her staff before:

Medusa Gets Set in Stone!
Medusa cackles once more before calling out to Palutena to come out. Palutena teleports into the Battlefield before Medusa. "I'm not allowing you to terrorize people again Medusa!" "Bring it Pretty Palutena!" Palutena grits her teeth before charging at Medusa who does the same.

Gameplay Footage
The trailer then ends with Palutena being blasted out of the Battlefield. Medusa cackles once more. She then notes more challengers and proceeds to ready her staff at Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, and King K. Rool before the scene cuts to the Galactic Battle logo.

Like how Smash 4 and Ultimate did things, the trailer would be named Goddess of the Underworld. Furthermore, like Palutena's trailer, it would be done in an anime style rather than CGI. ~ Afro

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Wolfie557 Wolfie557 Thank you so much! IDK if it is the best, but I appreciate the sentiment. I think I know which 3D pics you're referring to, but I'm not sure if those are actuallly 3D o.O
Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro I like those ideas, may I use some of them when I draw her moveset? (SOMEDAY, I have some other things going RN :p )
I should play KIU again just to get more references for possible moves, mmm...

Last edited:

BlackArcanist

Smash Rookie
Thanks!

Now as far as a new KI goes.
I think uprising had a pretty great general idea.

The sequel/follow up to uprising should, imo:

- Improve controls. (Allow dpad movement option just in case)

- Get rid of stamina system (seriously Nintendo.. this getting tired from running phase was annoying, don't do it again... Ever)

- Jumping and platforming (Pit needs more evasive maneuvers, which dodging doesn't always cover. That and the previous KI titles were all about jumping!)

- Revisit Of Myth and Monsters' Orcos (at least a 4 level campaign) and then move on to a new villain

- Include Zeus somehow. He's the one who apparently trains Pit in the 8-bit games. Maybe give him a larger role?

- Maybe have character campaigns? (Pit / Pitoo / Palutena / Magnus / Viridi / Phosphora?)

And this isn't a MUST-HAVE for me, but a little bumping into Star Fox's universe would be really sweet (and relating them to the Aurum invasion from Uprising would make it really awesome).
I personally think that Kid Icarus 4 should be more geared towards action rpg, especially if you want to use the bows as melee weapons! That's just me though!

Please look at this doc! It's a moveset concept doc for Medusa as an echo fighter for Palutena, but it uses Palutena's unused custom moves(excluding Heavenly Light) from Sm4sh with some being combined! Check it out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oWYwKKLmqv7TydiN1kzH1l5xoQ1nnlXAesq_ez72-DI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
I was more excited about the DQ characters TBH, I know I'm in the minority there. XD

zferolie

Smash Hero
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done! https://www.deviantart.com/klaymoor/art/Medusa-Smash-Bros-Design-V1-0-800306932
TBH, not 100% happy with it, especially her dress, I realized it still drags and she mught trip with it, so expect another version with a shorter dress sometime in the future XD (it'll be just a quick edit of this one, so it won't take me another 3 months xDu)
Looks great! love to see good medusa art.

This is a bit old, but not sure if you guys saw this from last week. He designs a few possible echos and Medusa is one of them.

BlackArcanist

Smash Rookie
Looks great! love to see good medusa art.

This is a bit old, but not sure if you guys saw this from last week. He designs a few possible echos and Medusa is one of them.

He used Palutena's complete moveset(including her current special moves) for Medusa's echo, but I took it a step further by reusing Palutena's unused customs(excluding Heavenly Light) from Sm4sh! Take a look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oWYwKKLmqv7TydiN1kzH1l5xoQ1nnlXAesq_ez72-DI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done! https://www.deviantart.com/klaymoor/art/Medusa-Smash-Bros-Design-V1-0-800306932
TBH, not 100% happy with it, especially her dress, I realized it still drags and she mught trip with it, so expect another version with a shorter dress sometime in the future XD (it'll be just a quick edit of this one, so it won't take me another 3 months xDu)
this is AMAZING
YAAAAAAAAAS

do any more additional stuff if you must, you're doing a lot of justice here. :DD

I was more excited about the DQ characters TBH, I know I'm in the minority there. XD
don't feel alone, haha
but i'm more grateful that Banjo pulled through as well

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'll do ya one better. How about Medusa as a (presumably) major antag in this really cool fanmade animatic of a Captain N reimagining?
... mother of god... that was beautiful

Sorry for the double post, but new Medusa fan art was made by an artist i follow

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but new Medusa fan art was made by an artist i follow

Niceu, niceu! But don’t you think the artist’s name is an easy SNL Sean Connery joke in the making? I think I’ve even seen some FILTH by this very same artist (even saw a couple of Medusa... sketches like that, shall we say), so it’s best we tread lightly here. But still, nice find, all the same.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Niceu, niceu! But don’t you think the artist’s name is an easy SNL Sean Connery joke in the making? I think I’ve even seen some FILTH by this very same artist (even saw a couple of Medusa... sketches like that, shall we say), so it’s best we tread lightly here. But still, nice find, all the same.
Haha never got that snl connection before now. And yeah, artist does a lot of nice filth, and seen the medusa ones too

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
"If I ever draw her again, only in casual clothes... ... oof this took so freaking long "
I can relate to that :v I love her design, but it has so many... things... that it drains a LOT of time. I enjoy every second, though.

Sorry I haven't been active lately, I've been very busy studying art anatomy to improve poses, proportions and such. The pelvis is a *****. >:v

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
What do you think Medusa's reveal trailer would look like? I think Simon would be involved, since he's tussled with Medusa heads before.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Planet Cool Planet Cool I have an idea that maaaaaaaybe I'll draw as a short comic, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. xD
Y'know how in some of the first SBU trailers some characters got killed off? (Luigi technically got his soul reaped, but it's almost the same) Well, to continue the trend of killing off Mario characters (Megaman was just a casualty XD) I'd thought it'd be "fun" to "kill" Peach in Medusa's trailer.
It starts in Peach's castle, where all female characters of the SBU roster are having some kind of tea party (callback to that random tea scene in Subspace Emmisary). The camera pans across the table, showing all the girls having fun (and in some cases, like Samus for example, feeling awkward and/or out of place), starting from Palutena at one end of the table, and ending with Peach on the other. Cut to a dark hallway in the castle, steps can be heard, maybe tinkling sounds, too (you can throw some Toads panicking and/or being turned into stone if you want). Back to the girls, who are being surrounded by darkness. Everyone gets ready for combat: Samus readies her gun, Zelda either turns into Sheik or her hands light up with magic, Lucina, Corrin and Robin pull out their swords (I thought it'd be nice to have the female version of those characters here) and so on. Everyone remains silent, looking around, waiting for something to show up. From the darkness, a voice is heard: "Why wasn't I invited? How rude of you..." Palutena's face turns serious, as she recognizes that voice. It came from behind Peach, who instinctively turns around, but not a second passes before she is turned into stone. From the darkness a scaly hand reaches out to Peach's petrified head and starts squeezing, cracking it. Quick cut to a silhouette shot (we can assume Nintendo would censor something like this), showing the stone gave, and pieces of what used to be Peach's head crumble and fall. Cut to the floor near Peach, scaly legs in a purple dress can be seen behind her, pieces of stone fall on the carpet as the camera starts tilting upward, slowly revealing who's behind all this. As the camera rises, quick shots of Medusa's body and dress are shown (kinda like Palutena's trailer, but we could throw a little sideboob there, we need to sell this character to the masses). The camera stops at the hand that crushed Peach, it shakes, dusting itself off, maybe some stone crumbs fall off from it. The camera zooms out revealing Medusa, with the message "Medusa crushes the competition!" and then the gameplay trailers beings, with Medusa fighting off the rest of the girls.
Gosh, writing this felt so corny xDu

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Yikes, that head-crushing sounds extreme even by the standards of the existing reveal trailers! I think it's fine if Peach gets turned to stone, though.

Also, would this be animated in 2D like Palutena's reveal?

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Well, Ridley did stab Megaman and crushed Mario's head in his trailer (in silhouettes, obviously), so it isn't much darker than something Nintendo has already done. :p (plus we need to sell the pure badassery that Medusa is)

Yeah, it would be the most sensible thing to do, otherwise it would feel "weird" if only Palutena had a 2D trailer (it sort of helps to keep Medusa hidden until the end, animating those snakes and that hair in 2D sure would be a pain in the butt!)

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
What do you think Medusa's reveal trailer would look like? I think Simon would be involved, since he's tussled with Medusa heads before.
I sort of want to continue on from the Bayonetta reveal, with the Pits and Palutena being given scrap by Bayo, before Medusa takes her out because they’re HER quarry, dang it! Simple but effective.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Well, Ridley did stab Megaman and crushed Mario's head in his trailer (in silhouettes, obviously), so it isn't much darker than something Nintendo has already done. :p (plus we need to sell the pure badassery that Medusa is)
Does Ridley really crush Mario's head? He grabs Mario's head, sure, but no matter how many times I watch the trailer, I just don't see any crushing.

Yeah, it would be the most sensible thing to do, otherwise it would feel "weird" if only Palutena had a 2D trailer (it sort of helps to keep Medusa hidden until the end, animating those snakes and that hair in 2D sure would be a pain in the butt!)
Well, Joker had a 2D trailer too! Maybe it'd be neat if he was included somehow.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I thought I heard a cracking sound when Ridley grabbed Mario's head. Megaman still got stabbed, though.

EDIT: BTW, kinda unrelated, but do you guys remember the unemployed Medusa comic I did a while ago? I was thinking if she should have her normal look instead of the gorgon one we see in the games. (also, prototype cartoon Palutena)

Attachments

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll do ya one better. How about Medusa as a (presumably) major antag in this really cool fanmade animatic of a Captain N reimagining?
I sure hope Nintendo's watching.
Captain N in the modern animation landscape with continuity, storylines with actual stakes and using the actual source material instead of the mess that the original series ended up with would be the stuff of legends. Especially if they got the third parties in there.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I sure hope Nintendo's watching.
Captain N in the modern animation landscape with continuity, storylines with actual stakes and using the actual source material instead of the mess that the original series ended up with would be the stuff of legends. Especially if they got the third parties in there.
Funny, some people are hoping Nintendo doesn't see this in fear of a C&D, although I've never seen them go after anything other than fangames sticking too closely to originals or Let's Plays.

I'd like to see a setting of gaming continents representing companies of origin myself.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funny, some people are hoping Nintendo doesn't see this in fear of a C&D, although I've never seen them go after anything other than fangames sticking too closely to originals or Let's Plays.

I'd like to see a setting of gaming continents representing companies of origin myself.
As much as I hope there's no lawsuit, as legal trouble is right up there with dental surgery in being the worst, a lawsuit could be a sign as Nintendo only takes action on fan projects when it directly interferes with them, like taking down Pokedex apps on apple store before the release of Pokedex pro, and most imfamously, ASMR AM2R

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Planet Cool Planet Cool I have an idea that maaaaaaaybe I'll draw as a short comic, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. xD
Y'know how in some of the first SBU trailers some characters got killed off? (Luigi technically got his soul reaped, but it's almost the same) Well, to continue the trend of killing off Mario characters (Megaman was just a casualty XD) I'd thought it'd be "fun" to "kill" Peach in Medusa's trailer.
It starts in Peach's castle, where all female characters of the SBU roster are having some kind of tea party (callback to that random tea scene in Subspace Emmisary). The camera pans across the table, showing all the girls having fun (and in some cases, like Samus for example, feeling awkward and/or out of place), starting from Palutena at one end of the table, and ending with Peach on the other. Cut to a dark hallway in the castle, steps can be heard, maybe tinkling sounds, too (you can throw some Toads panicking and/or being turned into stone if you want). Back to the girls, who are being surrounded by darkness. Everyone gets ready for combat: Samus readies her gun, Zelda either turns into Sheik or her hands light up with magic, Lucina, Corrin and Robin pull out their swords (I thought it'd be nice to have the female version of those characters here) and so on. Everyone remains silent, looking around, waiting for something to show up. From the darkness, a voice is heard: "Why wasn't I invited? How rude of you..." Palutena's face turns serious, as she recognizes that voice. It came from behind Peach, who instinctively turns around, but not a second passes before she is turned into stone. From the darkness a scaly hand reaches out to Peach's petrified head and starts squeezing, cracking it. Quick cut to a silhouette shot (we can assume Nintendo would censor something like this), showing the stone gave, and pieces of what used to be Peach's head crumble and fall. Cut to the floor near Peach, scaly legs in a purple dress can be seen behind her, pieces of stone fall on the carpet as the camera starts tilting upward, slowly revealing who's behind all this. As the camera rises, quick shots of Medusa's body and dress are shown (kinda like Palutena's trailer, but we could throw a little sideboob there, we need to sell this character to the masses). The camera stops at the hand that crushed Peach, it shakes, dusting itself off, maybe some stone crumbs fall off from it. The camera zooms out revealing Medusa, with the message "Medusa crushes the competition!" and then the gameplay trailers beings, with Medusa fighting off the rest of the girls.
Gosh, writing this felt so corny xDu
Really love this pitch. My favourite idea for her trailer so far.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

As much as I hope there's no lawsuit, as legal trouble is right up there with dental surgery in being the worst, a lawsuit could be a sign as Nintendo only takes action on fan projects when it directly interferes with them, like taking down Pokedex apps on apple store before the release of Pokedex pro, and most imfamously, ASMR AM2R
They're particularly annoyed about mods for Mario games, too.

Anime, of course, seeing as Uprising is a pet project of Sakurai's.

Top Bottom