• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Absolutely! And man just imagine Cree Summer's voice acting.. I'm drooling already lmao.. perhaps her mysterious Twitter activity meant something after all..
Hopefully we might get a new Kid Icarus game on the Switch and Medusa as the main antagonist again. And then by the next Smash, she will be a strong contender to get into the roster. :)

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So who posted this anyway? Not finding anyone talking about it on twitter.
The Tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted. A good friend of mine told me about but before he could share it with me, it was gone for whatever reason.. knowing my friend, he would not fool me about this. Unfortunately there's no way I can prove my statement, so if it turns out to not be real then I'll take responsibility here ✌

zferolie

Smash Hero
The Tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted. A good friend of mine told me about but before he could share it with me, it was gone for whatever reason.. knowing my friend, he would not fool me about this. Unfortunately there's no way I can prove my statement, so if it turns out to not be real then I'll take responsibility here ✌
Hopefully its true. The old boss list i saw last week seems quite short, so the more the better i say

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hopefully its true. The old boss list i saw last week seems quite short, so the more the better i say
I hope they are hiding the Skull Kid Assist Trophy because he's a boss. I would take a favorite character of mine as a boss over a stand alone Assist Trophy anyday of the week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, I have something to tell.. if you dont want to be spoiled, don't read.

A DATAMINER FOUND MEDUSA IN CLASSIC MODE FILES MEANING SHE COULD BE A BOSS AND.IM LITERALLY SHAKING AND CRYING OF HAPPINESS RN. THE GUY WHO TWEETED THIS DID DELETE HIS TWEET THO BUT ITS REAL, NOW SOMEONE JUST NEEDS TO PLAY CLASSIC MODE WITH A KI CHARACTER AAAAAAA
Coming in from the main speculation thread since a user relayed that information there.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but either this dataminer lied or it's unused data.
Whereas all other bosses have portrait graphic data, Medusa has none whatsoever.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I can confirm that Medusa do not have a portrait, sadly (but hey, she is still an available icon for the Smash Tag so I definitely take that).

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Aw oof, I was getting too excited too quickly lol, but it's okay. Maybe they're still working on her and after the day one patch, the portrait is there? Idk, I have no idea how any of that works.. oh well, I'm gonna keep those expectations low. In 5 days I'll be able to figure out what kind of a boss the KI cast has.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We will most likely get bosses added in the future. Probably with additional Subspace bosses from Brawl (Rayquaza, Porky Minch, Duon, Tabuu) added later on first, and then maybe new ones later.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
https://mega.nz/#!wE5nlKqB!7dh1nLhbImby9zPjTVtgSRfIOArms6gWS0u_B1F2D6U
sorry to keep you waiting! (**** having no internet STILL)
the Medusa model export has surfaced!
this has the Hades model export as well (which Nibroc was super kind enough to do a render for me and some Kirby Planet Robobot stuff i lent him one time)

if you're interested on using these for mods or anything of your own interest, go ahead and be my guest!
i really want to do these myself but now it feels like its not the time for that now
you could also try to put these up to The Model Resource if you can, be sure to tell them these were trophy models straight from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

zferolie

Smash Hero
this has the Hades model export as well (which Nibroc was super kind enough to do a render for me and some Kirby Planet Robobot stuff i lent him one time)

if you're interested on using these for mods or anything of your own interest, go ahead and be my guest!
i really want to do these myself but now it feels like its not the time for that now
you could also try to put these up to The Model Resource if you can, be sure to tell them these were trophy models straight from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Ah this was for the Modded Smash 4 right? never did any modding with wii u games before, is it hard?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Ah this was for the Modded Smash 4 right? never did any modding with wii u games before, is it hard?
nononono
these are just exported Trophy models from Smash 3DS

you can use these for anything you like, but i wanted these out publicly since i feel somebody else would try to do a modification with either these two for Brawl or Smash 3DS/WiiU (or even Ultimate as of late!)

(for example, i wanted to attempt to do a model swap project with the Palutena PSA for vBrawl, but man do i lack a lot in the modeling and modding department)

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Well, we've got the first DLC revealed. And no one never seen it coming.
So yeah, even the DLC will be unpredictable, still cross my fingers for Medusa since she's not a boss in the base game

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I doubt we are going to get Medusa in this game, at least with the current DLC strategy. Unless the idea is to tithe people over with a couple of free or discounted Echo Fighters while people are waiting for the big deal Fighters Pack fighters, like Joker, a character like Medusa doesn't really have a shot.

Man, I hate being negative, because I just wanna see Medusa get some love. Even being a boss would be cool.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I doubt we are going to get Medusa in this game, at least with the current DLC strategy. Unless the idea is to tithe people over with a couple of free or discounted Echo Fighters while people are waiting for the big deal Fighters Pack fighters, like Joker, a character like Medusa doesn't really have a shot.

Man, I hate being negative, because I just wanna see Medusa get some love. Even being a boss would be cool.
Yeah.
But the strategy seems to be "characters that nobody excepted" aside from maybe one or two fan-favorites. And Medusa isn't that expected for a lot of people.
Then again, her best shot is to be announced with a KIU port or a new game, and it's very unlikely

D

Deleted member

Yeah.
But the strategy seems to be "characters that nobody excepted" aside from maybe one or two fan-favorites. And Medusa isn't that expected for a lot of people.
Then again, her best shot is to be announced with a KIU port or a new game, and it's very unlikely
I'll probably discuss this on the main thread, but frankly, I think Nintendo should play it safe with the next character. Something "normal" people will gravitate to, like Crash Bandicoot or a Monster Hunter.

Anyway, I do like Viridi exploding Pit's tiny little brain with the reality that, in another world, Medusa WON in the Young Link guidance. That is gold.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Only sorta relevant, but have you heard that Sakurai deconfirmed the possibility of a Kid Icarus Uprising remake?
That's really disappointing to hear, the control scheme is what keeps me from ever replaying the game, it would have been nice to get an up-rezed port on the Switch with traditional controls.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Btw, it seems that Medusa KIU's spirit is superior (4 stars) to her original form (2 stars)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah Medusa KIU evolves from the old medusa. She's very strong and makes you Giant at the start.

I have a feelling, and this is just my guess here, that if some games get remakes or new ones, we may get a free echo or character tied to it not part of the fighters pass. if KI gets anything then maybe Medusa can come as an echo(please give her heavenly light) or make her an luigi/Isabellee level echo that plays like a modified Palutena(like some of the other missing Palutena specials, Heavenly light, celestial firework), and some unique normal moves.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ules_out_a_modern_port_of_kid_icarus_uprising

Bad news folks, Sakurai is still not going to budge on any further release or sequel for KIU, so I suppose this means that no one who debuted in that game is going to be viable for a long time, if ever. Pittoo is lucky to even be in at all, since he is for all intents and purposes a clone.

This may increase Medusa's chances considerably though, seeing as she showed up in the first game.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ules_out_a_modern_port_of_kid_icarus_uprising

Bad news folks, Sakurai is still not going to budge on any further release or sequel for KIU, so I suppose this means that no one who debuted in that game is going to be viable for a long time, if ever. Pittoo is lucky to even be in at all, since he is for all intents and purposes a clone.

This may increase Medusa's chances considerably though, seeing as she showed up in the first game.
*Ahem*

:ultkrool:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well guys, we had a good run during the speculation season for base and I hope that continues to become a stronger run for next Smash's speculation season. Remember, the more we push, the more steps we are advancing to eventually getting her.

We will most likely get bosses added in the future. Probably with additional Subspace bosses from Brawl (Rayquaza, Porky Minch, Duon, Tabuu) added later on first, and then maybe new ones later.
I think Porky still has a decent chance to be a DLC character because of him not having a spirit.

D

Deleted member

Considering that we might be having to think about the next game for her, do we need to think about what barriers are holding her back? Her voice actress in the West? The whole "popularity" angle? Her hair?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering that we might be having to think about the next game for her, do we need to think about what barriers are holding her back? Her voice actress in the West? The whole "popularity" angle? Her hair?
Sakurai bias hesitation, since parts of the Smash fanbase screech whenever anything he's been involved with gets special attention. :ultkirby::ultpit:

Chances are she couldn't get in until Smash 7 at best, if such circumstances occur.

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Btw, didn't Reggie said that DLC will all be from others series than those represented thus far ? If so then it could be dead for Medusa.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Btw, didn't Reggie said that DLC will all be from others series than those represented thus far ? If so then it could be dead for Medusa.
Ugh, I see this being misquoted so much, it's crazy.

What he was saying is "characters that are new to the series", meaning newcomers to Smash Bros (as opposed to veterans), not that all of them are unrepresented series characters. Though Medusa is the Schrodinger's Cat that is a Spirit anyway, so it's a moot point in her case.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hey all! Sorry for not responding, I was busy. Playing the game, you know :p

First of all, I love how the KIU Medusa spirit is one of the strongest. Coupled with supports that boost your strength or increase the time of transformations it's a really good spirit.

For DLC's... First of all, Joker is super cool. I may not have played Persona 5 or any game from the Shin Megami Tensei serie, but I at least know that the persona gimmick can bring an original moveset and that he will bring fantastic music. Secondly for Medusa... I do believe that the direction for DLC doesn't go in favor of Medusa, sadly. While indeed Reggie didn't say it's only new series, I think with Joker that we will get big characters and big third party series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

First of all, I love how the KIU Medusa spirit is one of the strongest. Coupled with supports that boost your strength or increase the time of transformations it's a really good spirit.

For DLC's... First of all, Joker is super cool. I may not have played Persona 5 or any game from the Shin Megami Tensei serie, but I at least know that the persona gimmick can bring an original moveset and that he will bring fantastic music. Secondly for Medusa... I do believe that the direction for DLC doesn't go in favor of Medusa, sadly. While indeed Reggie didn't say it's only new series, I think with Joker that we will get big characters and big third party series.
I think with Joker being announced, it's a lot more likely characters like Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Master Chief, and Crash Bandicoot will get in. They would all have hype levels that would completely blow the roof out of the house.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think with Joker being announced, it's a lot more likely characters like Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Master Chief, and Crash Bandicoot will get in. They would all have hype levels that would completely blow the roof out of the house.
I'm not expecting full guest, but yeah, we will get things that we will hardly see coming. I'm expecting things like Resident Evil, Crash and for some reasons Kos-Mos personally.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not expecting full guest, but yeah, we will get things that we will hardly see coming. I'm expecting things like Resident Evil, Crash and for some reasons Kos-Mos personally.
And remember, last DLC period ended with Bayo, not quite the biggest name out there. So who's to say they won't end it on a seemingly random third party or first party, or something?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
And remember, last DLC period ended with Bayo, not quite the biggest name out there. So who's to say they won't end it on a seemingly random third party or first party, or something?
Bayo is something "different" considering it's from the ballot, but yes, she is indeed a guest from a smaller serie compared to the others.

zferolie

Smash Hero

What support spirit ups transformation time? so far I only have seen it on the prime spirits...

D

Deleted member

Outta curiosity, where can I find Medusa in the World of Light?

Or rather... the World of Dark?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Outta curiosity, where can I find Medusa in the World of Light?

Or rather... the World of Dark?
It is in the unknown dimention in the world of dark, in the circle of spirits before the boss of the area I beleive

D

Deleted member

It is in the unknown dimention in the world of dark, in the circle of spirits before the boss of the area I beleive
Good. Using the Spirit actually helped me finally defeat the Tabuu battle, which was mandatory in order to battle Marx.

Klaymoor

Smash Apprentice

Thank you so much for this, I've been looking so long for this. ToT
BTW, I'm new here, hi everyone! :D

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Medusa sounds like a spoopy addiction to Smash! I would like her rapid jab to be her Snake Hairs thrusting and biting at you over and over as a multihit, while Medusa stands still.

Top Bottom