• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
probably gonna share the ripped Medusa model soon since a certain somebody was nice enough to share the library of files to rip 3DS model files from, yet im not doing much with it due to artist obligations

but the first thing i want to know if you guys would be interested if somebody did a Medusa mod with the model and under a specific Brawl mod like the Palutena PSAs?
because that's all i every want to do with the Medusa model (and other things...)
I never modded smash but would love to see a medusa mod.

Also guys, seems like in classic mod, you don't fight the ahnds, you fight other bosses based on who you play the mode as. Wolf got that Tank boss from Brawl, Duck Hunt has Rathalos, and Mario fights Giga Bowser.

Think maybe we will see Pit and Palutena fight Medusa? Or Hades maybe? Or a different Brawl boss?

Also, Palutena's guidence is back with new quotes too

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It would be really neat to see a Kid Icarus boss! Not everyone have a boss from his serie (Falcon fights against Giga Bowser too from what I've heard) but really, I'd like to see a KI boss. I hope that there's a Zelda boss as well!

zferolie

Smash Hero
It would be really neat to see a Kid Icarus boss! Not everyone have a boss from his serie (Falcon fights against Giga Bowser too from what I've heard) but really, I'd like to see a KI boss. I hope that there's a Zelda boss as well!
Yeah I just saw the Falcon one. Makes sense though as what would be an F-Zero boss?

D

Deleted member

I'm still hopeful for Medusa to get in, but honestly, if I see a Medusa Mii Brawler costume being leaked, that'll do it for us this time.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Speaking of wich, Palutena's voice for the guidance have been replaced for the third time and Viridi also have another VA.
So If Medusa is confirmed to appears as a DLC or a boss, it's possible that Cree Summer won't play her again.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Viridi's new VA is awfully annoying I have to be honest.

On another note; all kinds of highly requested characters are getting yeeted left and right by being revealed as spirits, but we yet have to see any presence of Medusa.. I do have slight hopes we could see her as a boss.. and who knows a playable character.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I like Viridi's voice. I mean, she IS the annoying kid sometimes!

I think there's a whole lot of spirits not shown yet, considering what we've seen so far. And I don't think spirit deconfirm characters, it's just a big collection of characters.

About Medusa and bosses, we've seen a new background in the Overview trailer. My guess would be for Ganon (there's a model ready like Giga Bowser) or just a random background unrelated to the boss. I think of Ganon because we see Ganondorf and Sheik, and because it's reminescent of OoT Ganon's fight (albeit it's different too).
Sans titre 1.png

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A new guidance entry came out, featuring Ridley. It made me smile for multiple reasons. :ultpit::ultzss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gahcx587IF8

As for the Viridi VA, I must admit I'm not really fond of it as it's just not the same. I might ease into it, but it's gonna take some time, and it's nothing compared to the originals.

For that background with the Ganon and Sheik, some say it was related to that Mii stage, but others say it's not. It could be something new that they put in there, just like how they showed Roy's final boss being Master Hand.
Whatever the case is, I do admit that background does seem fitting of Medusa, or even Twinbellows if we imagine the Colosseum where you fight him being torn up and burned, which does fit that two-headed dog well... though considering we got the flaming Rathalos already as a boss, the chance seems low to me.

And sorry I haven't been around here much. I've been kinda quiet lately, biding my time just wondering if we'll actually get her as DLC, plus not much to think about besides just waiting for the game to be out.
Come to think of it, I'm still bummed out that we literally have no new Kid Icarus songs shown yet, unless I'm blind that is. They got a few Medusa-themed songs they could remix if anything.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For that background with the Ganon and Sheik, some say it was related to that Mii stage, but others say it's not. It could be something new that they put in there, just like how they showed Roy's final boss being Master Hand.
I bear some ressemble to Find Mii, especially color wise, but the ground is different, as well as the collumns.

Whatever the case is, I do admit that background does seem fitting of Medusa, or even Twinbellows if we imagine the Colosseum where you fight him being torn up and burned, which does fit that two-headed dog well... though considering we got the flaming Rathalos already as a boss, the chance seems low to me.
This is theory filled with nothing but bias, but I'd like this background to be some sort of Destroyed Skyworld for Medusa, as she takes control of Skyworld in the first KI. Although the medieval castle looking ruin in the background might contradict this.

Come to think of it, I'm still bummed out that we literally have no new Kid Icarus songs shown yet, unless I'm blind that is. They got a few Medusa-themed songs they could remix if anything.
Well, except Skyworld in the E3 demo, I don't think we've seen much gameplay of KI stages (I believe Palutena's Temple is not on the random selection because of it's size). We have a few Reset Bomb Forest, and that's it I think. And the Palutena's Guidance clips.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
I like Viridi's voice. I mean, she IS the annoying kid sometimes!

I think there's a whole lot of spirits not shown yet, considering what we've seen so far. And I don't think spirit deconfirm characters, it's just a big collection of characters.

About Medusa and bosses, we've seen a new background in the Overview trailer. My guess would be for Ganon (there's a model ready like Giga Bowser) or just a random background unrelated to the boss. I think of Ganon because we see Ganondorf and Sheik, and because it's reminescent of OoT Ganon's fight (albeit it's different too).
View attachment 178920
Hmmm… yeah, it kinda looks like Ganon's tower ruins for OOT, especially with the big tower in the background.
I don't know if it is true, but fighting OOT's Ganon in this stage in HD (and maybe with the OOT music) would be amazing; but is it a boss stage or a batlte stage...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hmmm… yeah, it kinda looks like Ganon's tower ruins for OOT, especially with the big tower in the background.
Well, it would be reinvented, but it's the logical conclusion considering Sheik and Ganondorf appears. But it can be a random background too. You don't really associate Porky with an abandonned zoo, yet that's his Brawl background.
Also, Snake is in Galeom's room. While Snake is a Brawl character, that's not a MGS stage.

I don't know if it is true, but fighting OOT's Ganon in this stage in HD (and maybe with the OOT music) would be amazing; but is it a boss stage or a batlte stage...
Definitely a boss stage, it doesn't look like any of the 103 stages.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's lots of evidence that every major franchise is going to get at least one unique boss and, with the magic of Sakurai bias, I could see Kid Icarus getting two. Maybe Medusa is the standard and then Hades pelvic thrusts through the credits screen if the difficulty level is high enough.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There's lots of evidence that every major franchise is going to get at least one unique boss and, with the magic of Sakurai bias, I could see Kid Icarus getting two. Maybe Medusa is the standard and then Hades pelvic thrusts through the credits screen if the difficulty level is high enough.
That would be awesome to have Hades bamboozling us on higher difficulties.

And yeah, good old Sakurai Bias. Even before KI:U being a thing, Palutena was the only non hostile NPC in Subspace Emissary (with Waddle Dee to an extent).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Her whole theme is that she only fights female opponents. Having it all lead up to a female boss fight makes sense.
Ah gotcha.

Well if true I'll be bummed Medusa didn't make the cut but still happy she got some representation in some form.

That and more the reason to keep shipping her with :ultkrool:.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Her whole theme is that she only fights female opponents. Having it all lead up to a female boss fight makes sense.
Oh, it's true that this may lead to Medusa! Although Roy is called "A Journey of Swords", yet he seems to fight against Master Hand. Maybe fighting Master Hand is a boss on low difficulty though, but this is just speculation.

zferolie

Smash Hero
All of Plutena's Colors... Is that the medusa one at the end... maybe the coloring makes it look off

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The colors of the video are indeed a bit off (offscreen capture maybe?) but that's definitely every Smash 4 color swaps, Medusa included.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
god dang, my internet went out
has a legitmate Medusa costume been found?
also i hear Medusa was confirmed spirit too, but is there evidence (or datamines) for that?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Medusa's head referers to Castlevania, the spirit was even in the direct.

Edit: it's a small thing, but Medusa is a available icon for your Smash tag!

There's a lot of great choices in there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Medusa's got two Spirits; her original artwork, and her Uprising artwork.

My one issue is that her evolution is more like a "devolution", considering you fight for her Uprising spirit, and evolve her to the 1980s version.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

My one issue is that her evolution is more like a "devolution", considering you fight for her Uprising spirit, and evolve her to the 1980s version.
Oh that's... Weird to say the least. You can get repeats though, so you can have both.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman

To be fair, her 1980's artwork depicts her true form. You could sort of say that the evolution is her changing from her fake form into her real version.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I have something to tell.. if you dont want to be spoiled, don't read.

A DATAMINER FOUND MEDUSA IN CLASSIC MODE FILES MEANING SHE COULD BE A BOSS AND.IM LITERALLY SHAKING AND CRYING OF HAPPINESS RN. THE GUY WHO TWEETED THIS DID DELETE HIS TWEET THO BUT ITS REAL, NOW SOMEONE JUST NEEDS TO PLAY CLASSIC MODE WITH A KI CHARACTER AAAAAAA

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

A DATAMINER FOUND MEDUSA IN CLASSIC MODE FILES MEANING SHE COULD BE A BOSS AND.IM LITERALLY SHAKING AND CRYING OF HAPPINESS RN. THE GUY WHO TWEETED THIS DID DELETE HIS TWEET THO BUT ITS REAL, NOW SOMEONE JUST NEEDS TO PLAY CLASSIC MODE WITH A KI CHARACTER AAAAAAA
You do realize it could just be Castlevania's Medusa, right?

zferolie

Smash Hero

I mean i hope this is true, but gonna wait and see myself

Wurmple for smash

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3427-9374-2996

. Watch it just be the Castlevania Mudusa

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Better then nothing. I'd be happy if she at least has some form or representation in the game.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Better then nothing. I'd be happy if she at least has some form or representation in the game.
If she actually is a boss, it's great, bc it means they picked her over Hades (Sakurai's own creation). It means they acknowledged her existence and importance to the KI universe

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If she actually is a boss, it's great, bc it means they picked her over Hades (Sakurai's own creation). It means they acknowledged her existence and importance to the KI universe
And even more the reason to continue shipping her with :ultkrool:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Even though I much prefer Pig Ganon, Marx, and Medusa to be playable, seeing them as bosses is still a very nice consolation prize to me because there chances of appearing as anything other then spirits were very low anyway.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean if she is a boss that is still representation. I would hope she is playable ine day but fighting her would be awesome and would love to see it

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Even though I much prefer Pig Ganon, Marx, and Medusa to be playable, seeing them as bosses is still a very nice consolation prize to me because there chances of appearing as anything other then spirits were very low.
Absolutely! And man just imagine Cree Summer's voice acting.. I'm drooling already lmao.. perhaps her mysterious Twitter activity meant something after all..

Top Bottom