• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen Elizabeth the Second has just died

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Yes, it is true. Hopefully, this is the right place to put it.

Now, I understand she was not the best queen, and neither was the country she ruled the best one. However, I did hear she did a lot of good things too, and there are people who will miss her, even though she or her country was not the best.

Please don't joke about her death here, for this is serious.

So, what do you guys think of this?

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
Can’t believe one of the most influential western countries is still run by a monarch with a ridiculous amount of power who is there for no reason, in the 21st century. Hope the monarchy is abolished soon britain has a really weird obsession with their royal family
FcJRUFQXwAUNNDr.jpg

There's also this, but you know.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Can’t believe one of the most influential western countries is still run by a monarch with a ridiculous amount of power who is there for no reason, in the 21st century. Hope the monarchy is abolished soon britain has a really weird obsession with their royal family
No it’s spelt “prime minister” the rest is correct

View attachment 360710

There's also this, but you know.
England not Britain

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey- I didn't make the infographic. I do know Wales, Ireland, and Scotland are not to be included in this, they were all victims of imperialism themselves.
well ireland isn't part of britain so you don't need to worry about that one

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
well ireland isn't part of britain so you don't need to worry about that one
I think it was very apparent they were talking about the British Empire, which would include those other UK nations, and before UK, it was Great Britain. I know Ireland isn't part of the UK- do you assume everyone else is just an idiot or something?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think it was very apparent they were talking about the British Empire, which would include those other UK nations, and before UK, it was Great Britain. I know Ireland isn't part of the UK- do you assume everyone else is just an idiot or something?
what was said was Britain that invaded those countries I pointed out that it was mostly England rather that Britain itself cause Britain and England are the same thing. Then you said that you knew Scotland wales and Ireland shouldn’t be included to which I pointed out that it wasn’t cause that’s not what Britain means

what do you mean before the uk it was Great Britain? It’s still Great Britain. The full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the islands that are made of Scotland, wales and England. Ireland is in part, part of the uk. Do you assume everyone one on the internet is a jerk?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have something to say about monarchy. Not only is it outdated, but the idea of one person and their family not having to fight for anything, especially for power, is ridiculous; especially while normal people have to fight for themselves. It is just not fair. Plus, basically, people fighting for anything, or working for anything, like how we do things in the USA, is not in accord to how nature works, specifically the parts of nature where people have to fight for survival, which can be applied for anything else. I just feel that those who are like the monarchy of Great Britain, by not needing to fight or work for anything, keeps them from experiencing the reality and prevents them from knowing the experience, or even benefits of working for oneself. Just being born into something like a monarchy and not needing to fight for it just makes it so that such people won't be prepared for anything else in life in that area. There should be no shortcuts in life.

That said, it seems the people of Great Britain seem to adore the royal family, which may in a way, blind them, and may prevent them from seeing what's wrong with that and wanting the change that may be necessary.

EDIT: By work, I mean making efforts to do things one wants to do, not necessarily having or getting a job.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I was pretty neutral on the Queen until I realized that she reigned during Britain's collapsing empire stage, she could have let the colonies decide for themselves what they wanted but didn't and even gave a honor medal to a ruthless butcher so the more I found out about her and her ignorance or indifference to the crimes going on under her nose the more I gained a distaste for her.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

she had an interesting life.

and i can't believe she has seen so much.

she could seem nicer. if you ask me.

i found that adorable. and endearing. that despite her massive power. she had a daily tradition of getting some chocolate cupcake snacks. or something. for comfort. she adorned them. lol .

i swear i had the video one time. but i lost. and but this one is nice.

Top Bottom