• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quebec's Revival Results Thread

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Singles (29 entrants)

1st: TankGard :snake::metaknight: (170$)
2nd: HolyNightmare :metaknight: (80$)
3rd: SwordGard :popo: (30$)
4th: KingKong :bowser2:
5th: Mar1 :dk2::metaknight:
5th: Stroumbert :falco:
7th: Tim :snake:
7th: DarkShadow :falco::kirby2::rob::marth:
9th: ShieldGard :metaknight:
9th: Techiyo :marth::toonlink::metaknight:
9th: Hells :toonlink:
9th: Agora :rob:
13th: tarex the rex :yoshi2:
13th: Cynan :zerosuitsamus:
13th: Balus :gw:
13th: Kage the Warrior :marth:

Cut from pools (no particular order):

-AK47
-Citrus
-Fredy
-Frr
-Lordr49h
-Nizi
-Nostalgic
-P90
-rakou
-remorse
-SpearGard
-Visk
-Sheep

Doubles (8 entrants)

1st: Unholy Ally (Ally+Holy) :snake::metaknight: (94$)
2nd: Furry Princess (Mar1+Techiyo) :dk2::marth: (46$)
3rd: Monster Team (swordgard+Hells) :snake::toonlink: (20$)
4th: On est meilleur à Mario Tennis (Agora + Frr) :rob::gw:
5th: Suck my **** Gard (ShieldGard+SpearGard) :metaknight::diddy:
5th: Les frères Balus (Balus + Nizi) :gw::pikachu2:
7th: N'importe quoi (Fatuik +Noxjo) :metaknight::metaknight:
7th: Rax (Rakou+???) :marth::falco: (I'm not sure on this one, someone tell me please)

If people that won can tell me how much you won, because I don't even remember lol, that would be cool.

Great turnouts everyone, it was mad fun!:marth:

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament after all. J'espere que Sainte-Anne-Des-Plaines vous a plu ... lol

Sans oublier l'accident de Techiyo qui a fais retarder un peu le tournoi lol

GG to everyone that i played at melee, like ally, you need more pratice ! tu peux vraiment devenir bon si tu jouerais plus : P

Fizzi, tu t'es vraiment amélioré, don't stop!

Kage qui ma laver ....

je n'ai pas pus vraiment jouer contre Jer, dommage .

Mprime

Smash Ace
**** YES GOOGS! you choked due to nerves and i know you would have done ****ing fantastic if you didn't, but u completely redeemed yourself when you beat allys' snake in friendlies (twice). Represent Whitby dude. Show them what we are ****ing made of!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Not only lack of upsets, but also Agora losing to a ROB ditto, as per tradition.

Kage, you got a ton better than the last time I played you, and it's great to see you giving Brawl a chance.

Props to Tim for the Solid Snake, literally. I'm confident I could have taken at least one game out of you if it wouldn't have been for that early Up Smash kill and stepping on a proxy mine in clear sight, though =_=

Nice Diddy, Googs. I didn't deserve that win considering that amount of times I got tripped, my item game is really subpar.

Swordgard for all those item shenanigans he taught me last time. Been practicing them since then.

Frr for managing to bring us to 4th place in Doubles on his first Doubles tourney ever, good **** man :D

DarkShadow, good to see you again XD I swear, the next time I get a ROB ditto, I'll just f**king forfeit straight off the bat. So stupid. I will thus only give props to your Kirby, which was tight like a tiger.

Techi: BLUE SPARKS
Also, location on a deserted ghost town aside, great tourney! You managed to gather all the familiars and tons of new faces.

Jer: Fails for not taking my Mario Power Tennis challenge.

Alex and his friend: For just showing up, lifting us back and inviting us to some Brawl Minus shenanigans : P Glad to see you guys had fun even though you didn't make it very far, first tournaments are always harsh.

Think that's it, gotta get ready for overtime :|

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ok I am gonna need the name of everyone in every pool+the set you won/lost for each of you.

Pool1
Swordgard(Beat everyone)
Darkshadow(Beat everyone but me)
Fornaxxx(Beat everyone but me and dark shadow)
Cynan(???)
Frrr(???)
Nostalgic(???)
Visk(???)
P90(lost to everyone)

Pool2
Holynightmare
Mar1
??
??
??

Pool3
Ally(Beat everyone)
KingKong(Beat everyone but ally)
Tarextherex
Hells
Nevermind
Ak47
Remorse

Pool4
Stroumbert
Tim
Techiyo
Agora
Citrus
Raph
Lordr49h
Nizi

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I lost to Holy and Mar1 and beat everyone else. The only reason I suck at Brawl is because I have 0 reaction with the situations that's going on. Though it's pretty funny to play it off the bat when I havent played in a long time.

Edit: I'm also surprised that Citrus didn't make it out.. But if you worry about yourself a lot then your opponent will steamroll your face during the match. Get more experience and learn how to stop the jitters. =P I also lost to Ally in one melee friendly, gg lol.

Mprime, the only way to truly redeem yourself is by winning against tough opponents in tournament if not friendlies don't mean that much in that sense.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I beat Citrus, Lord and Nizi, as far as I can remember. Aren't Raph and Lordr49h the same person? I got 7 points in the pool so I know I didn't win more than 3 matches.

Jer

Smash Ace
Fat you did play me, i was the light blue falcon that was playing with Fizzi for like ever.

I enjoyed seeing a bunch of you guys again :)

Gotta step my melee game up, was missing stupid techs all over the place

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fat you did play me, i was the light blue falcon that was playing with Fizzi for like ever.

I enjoyed seeing a bunch of you guys again :)

Gotta step my melee game up, was missing stupid techs all over the place
I think you got a lot better than last time I played you. And ya you are right, you have to minimize mistakes. =P

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
About my pool, I beat AK-47 and Remorse 2-0, beat nvm 2-1, lost to hells and kkong 1-2, lost to ally 0-2.

Yeah that was definetly a great tournament, I'd say it was worth the 2 hour trip lol. Looking forward for the next tournament, hope it would be in Montreal!

-Googs

Smash Lord
Stroumbert 0-2
Tim 0-2
Techiyo 2-1
Agora 1-2
Citrus xx
Raph 2-0
Nizi i forget

I played so bad in pools, i'm sorry guys lol I should've done better, maybe next time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Thanks Kage :)

Did you notice any other critical mistakes that i was making so i could up mah game?
You have to pick your approaches better, I'm not sure if it's something I can teach. It comes with experience, like when you attack you know it's gonna hit.. it's like an instinct. You have to be able to bait the opponent to do things you want him to do, I think you have to expand your knowledge a little bit about which moves beats what moves and also use the hitbox of each move to your advantage. This is why you see a lot of times that I'm able to counterattack inside of a move to punish. (Spacing plays a big role here too, like if you jump forward upair from the ledge for example, I can back jump Fair or Bair to counter.. and then you have no jump and are ****ed off-stage)(Things like that) Again it's pretty much experience, just keep playing. You did pretty good.

Mprime

Smash Ace
I lost to Holy and Mar1 and beat everyone else. The only reason I suck at Brawl is because I have 0 reaction with the situations that's going on. Though it's pretty funny to play it off the bat when I havent played in a long time.

Edit: I'm also surprised that Citrus didn't make it out.. But if you worry about yourself a lot then your opponent will steamroll your face during the match. Get more experience and learn how to stop the jitters. =P I also lost to Ally in one melee friendly, gg lol.

Mprime, the only way to truly redeem yourself is by winning against tough opponents in tournament if not friendlies don't mean that much in that sense.
yes you are right, it makes a difference fighting some1 in a friendly compared to a tourney match, but ally is still tough as all ****ing hell in friendlies none the less, it's not like he turns into a complete scrub because he's doing a friendly, imo it still means something if you can beat ally in a friendly and i watched that match, legit **** man, googs was playing like i've never seen him play b4. It might not have truly redeemed himself but it totally made him feel alive again just after choking in the pools.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was nice. In the middle of nowhere but it was fun driving there haha. (This is going to be a wall of text)

Well first of all, thanks to Techiyo for hosting the tourney and getting everything organized. Also, in our brackets match, I just love fighting Marth with Kirby haha.

Swordgard for having so much confidence in my placings and I shall forever remember to not try out anything by going Kirby vs your IC's. I already know the MU is harsh but I just wanted to try haha. When I saw that you have a mini handbook for frame date, I was intimidated LoL.

Agora. I didn't feel comfortable playing your Rob with Kirby anymore haha so I was thinking of either going Wolf, Falco or Snake against your Rob but I had too many doubts. So I guess a Rob ditto just got into my mind for this haha. Our brackets was a lot of fun. Also, your Rob got tons better compared to last time we played (2 years ago) haha.

Fornaxxx, dude, I love playing your MK with my Kirby, I had so much of fun in our pools.

Holy, great seeing you again and giving me some pointers for my Rob, but I didn't get to play any of you guys since I had to leave early =(... I really wanted to play some Melee.

KingKong, I am happy that I reached far enough to fight your Bowser with my Kirbster. Game 3, I KNEW you were going to bair, but I was having doubts. Like I was thinking, is he faking me so then I airdodge downwards then he uairs me? Should I retreat then bair? should I swallow or hammer? haha. Was a great set though. You read too well I find.

P~90 don't worry man, it's the first tourney. Come more often. Je suis sure que tu vas improuver. I remember my first Bisb tourney... Got 2-0'ed by everyone =(...

Cynan, you are SO ghey on Norfair lmao. I really like the way you play on Norfair. Keep that stage dude.

Kage for actually joining a brawl tourney, good shiz on making it out of pools for a game you barely play haha. I was also laughing when we were speaking and your face looked "high-ish" hahahaha.

Everyone else, see you at the next tourney people!

Also, for Vis~K pool matches.

Swordgard 0-2
DarkShadow 0-2
Fornaxxx 0-2
Cynan 2-1
Frrr 2-1
Nostalgic 0-2
Vis~K X
P90 2-0

Nostalgic Pool matches.

Fornaxxx 0-2
DarkShadow 0-2
SwordGard 0-2
Cynan 2-1
Frrr 1-2
Nostalgic X
Vis~K 2-0
P90 2-0

Remorse

Ally - 0-2
Kingkong 0-2
Terax 0-2
Hells 1-2
AK-47 2-0
NVM - 0-2

Also, I went Marth against SG's Diddy in brackets.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
shoutouts

1st: TankGard :snake::metaknight: (170$) Grats for the win, once again stomping on Quebec. Thanks for the small tips with marth, I'll TRY to remember.
2nd: HolyNightmare :metaknight: (80$) Grats on second and winning doubles. Your rob is gay.
3rd: SwordGard :popo: (30$) I was actually surprised when you guys went Falco/Mk on us in doubles. Tell me: Why? Grats for your performance
4th: KingKong :bowser2: Sad you left so soon, but you still got 4th, good ****!
5th: Mar1 :dk2::metaknight: Grats on 5th and good **** in double, that down air was just too well placed =)
5th: Stroumbert :falco: Tight set was tight, except second game, haha. Next time =)
7th: Tim :snake: Don't ask why I went MK on you in the pools, I really have no idea. Next time, I'll come fully prepared versus snake as Marth, and you'll go down (didn't digest defeat). Still, great player, I can't deny that.
7th: DarkShadow :falco::kirby2::rob::marth: I really hated our set. Both game 2 and game 3 I got gayed on last stock -_- You won't escape my wrath next time :)
9th: ShieldGard :metaknight: Lol at name
9th: Techiyo :marth::toonlink::metaknight: First time in a long while that you never raged in any game! But didn't play my best, and I got some good reason for that -_-
9th: Hells :toonlink: We really need to play again in a bracket match.
9th: Agora :rob: Close set! You totally ***** me on second game in rainbow cruise, when you choose it, I was like ****, I banned randomly and didn't thought of Rainbow. XD Good ****.
13th: tarex the rex :yoshi2: Didn't play you, but grats with yoshi!
13th: Cynan :zerosuitsamus: Your ZSS really got better, good **** there.
13th: Balus :gw: MANGEUX DE BALUS! La dernière défense de St-Anne-Des-Plaines! Si yen a un de la ville qui pouvait passer les pools, s'était bien toi. Félicitation!
13th: Kage the Warrior :marth: Hope you had a nice time, it was cool seeing you again!

-AK47 : Hope you had a great time!
-Citrus : I ****ing hate Diddy -_- Next time I'll go toon link, I'm just much more comfortable with the little boy than Marth.
-Fredy : Hope you had a great time!
-Frr : Good **** in doubles, even though your controller stopped working correctly for some reason =(
-Lordr49h : Thanks for helping me organizing it, people only mention me, but you were there too, so I'll say it, thanks man!
-Nizi : Same for you, since you got us the room and the laptop.
-Nostalgic Hope you had a great time!
-P90 : Your better than I thought, but still need some practice, you especially need to stop doing down air with toon link, you're too much predictable.
-rakou : good games in doubles!
-remorse : hope you had a great time!
-SpearGard : Lol at name, Like Fornax. Good games in doubles!
-Visk : Hope you had a great time!
-Sheep : It was cool seeing you again!

I guess that's it.

Tim

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smash IGN: B2ST
3DS FC
5344-0271-0859
Mar1 - great DK. i'll get you next time. >:)
Stroumbert - dam it i feel like i'm always an uptilt away from victory.
Techiyo - are you DarkISDA aswell? great games man
Agora - haha yeah i remember my mine hax. hope to play again soon
Kage - i wanted to face your ganondorf lol
Citrus - props to your diddy. we'll play again sometime
Lordr49h - good games man
Nizi - good games :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Mar1 - great DK. i'll get you next time. >:)
Stroumbert - dam it i feel like i'm always an uptilt away from victory.
Techiyo - are you DarkISDA aswell? great games man
Agora - haha yeah i remember my mine hax. hope to play again soon
Kage - i wanted to face your ganondorf lol
Citrus - props to your diddy. we'll play again sometime
Lordr49h - good games man
Nizi - good games :)
My ganon in brawl? Omg.. lol. Maybe I'll pick someone else next time.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Well well, I got curious on those results. lol
Nce to see Mar1 + Techiyo get 2nd in doubles.
Also, Kingkong beat Strombert which is impressive.
I was surprised to see Citrus not making it.
Nice to see Kage beating some people at Brawl (he is a very smart player accually).

btw Techiyo..... I was a bit surprised on your placing but still, we must train (your doubles placing was great though). Also, I still feel some interest for that USA tourny......I also heard TKD would be there so that's awesome for me. lol

Frr

Smash Rookie
I wish I could have played against more people, but I still had lots of fun.

Techyo: Thanks for hosting the tourney. Was a fun day overall.

Techyo+Mar: Woulda been nice to notice my controller issue earlier, but I'm not gonna john; you were the better team.

Agora: Thanks for teaming up with me despite my lack of Doubles experience. We'll do better next time :D

Alex and his friend: Nice seeing you at the tourney and I hope your first experience was a fun one. Also, thanks for the lift back.

Cynan: Always nice to see a fellow ZSS in action and always weird to play the ditto. All our games could have gone either way, we're really evenly matched up even though our styles are different. Props for learning to play Norfair as well as you do.

Pool's results:
Swordgard 0-2
Darkshadow 0-2
Fornaxxx 0-2
Cynan 1-2
Nostalgic 2-1
Visk 1-2
P90 2-0

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Well well, I got curious on those results. lol
Nce to see Mar1 + Techiyo get 2nd in doubles.
Also, Kingkong beat Strombert which is impressive.
I was surprised to see Citrus not making it.
Nice to see Kage beating some people at Brawl (he is a very smart player accually).

btw Techiyo..... I was a bit surprised on your placing but still, we must train (your doubles placing was great though). Also, I still feel some interest for that USA tourny......I also heard TKD would be there so that's awesome for me. lol
Don't worry, next time I'll place higher, unless something happens which blocks my mind again -_-

And for the USA tourney, I DON'T KNOW if I'll be able to go, I have LOTS of problem right now, I'm ****ed depressed right now, I'm almost shaking -_-

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, next time I'll place higher, unless something happens which blocks my mind again -_-

And for the USA tourney, I DON'T KNOW if I'll be able to go, I have LOTS of problem right now, I'm ****ed depressed right now, I'm almost shaking -_-

wtf you serious...(must not be too good)...well I hope that depression doesn`t last too long...

Tell you what.... come see me soon and you`ll feel MUCH better. lol

Just kidding, but we should practice a bit.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
wtf you serious...(must not be too good)...well I hope that depression doesn`t last too long...

Tell you what.... come see me soon and you`ll feel MUCH better. lol

Just kidding, but we should practice a bit.

Which US tournament is this? Sounds interesting to go to.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
shoutouts as well

SwordGard: ****it, I really get destroyed against your ICs, at least I put up a fight on my CP against your fox, but ICs make me cry :(

Stroumbert: fun times getting GPS-*****, and the "Circulation à votre risque". Thanks for the lift

DarkShadow: Haha yes, I love how I play on norfair as well :p You kirby gave me more trouble that I expected tho o.o

ShieldGard/Fornaxx: I really like playing your MK, games as so much different than the regulars MKs, I'm not sure why. That last stock on Norfair was epic :D

Techiyo: thanks for oganizing this, it was great. A bit disappointed of my SD on that 2nd game where I had such a lead, but anyway, I AM going to beat you next time :)

Agora Fun doubles, I wish we had the chance to play some single friendlies, I think my ZSS can stand up to your ROB now :)

Visk: I had my revenge from KK's smashfest! I hope I convinced you to learn Norfair for a ZSS counterpick :bee: Good games, I need to work on my Marth matchup

Frr : Good seeing you again, someone to talk with on ZSS is always welcome. I'm raelly unconfortable at ZSS dittos and I was glad when you picked Game and Watch for the third game, but go**** Green greens I such a pain for ZSS and you knew it :( I thought I was going to loose for half of the match :p

Nostalgic: Gah Luigi gives me so much trouble, good job :p I thought it was Stroumbert's Luigi that was just so much better than my ZSS, but it seems I'm also having a problem at the matchup :( Still, good games

P90 : Hope you enjoyed your first tourney! Like Techyio said, take care with using down-air too much, it really got predictable :p

Sheep : Good seeing you again, fun games, my Peach needed the practice :p

JD: Thanks for the friendlies, those were fun games

My only gripe for the tourney was that I was in a pool with 3 ZSSs :glare:

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
shoutout
1st: Ally: (170$) good job for winning both in single and double but next I wont lose to your dedede and thanks for the advice against Ice Climbers
2nd: HolyNightmare: (80$) well congrats for your second place atleast I beat you one match
3rd: SwordGard: (30$) next tourney Ill come back with alot of ICs experience
4th: KingKong: we didnt get the chance to do that MM but congrats for your 4th place
5th: Mar1: stop losing to swordgard
5th: Stroumbert 4-0 rob vs cf **** and like 3-1 luigi vs falcon poor falcon :( he never win also next time let's do that ganon ditto MM I dindt wanted to do it at the tourney because I know it cost alot to travel from Québec to here and I didnt wanted to take you more money lol but seriously good job for your fifth place it suck that I didnt get the chance to beat you in the bracket :(
7th: Tim **** your snake is scary
9th: Fornaxx nice to see you again those mk ditto were fun
9th: Techiyo best tourney since a while also we **** in double
9th: Hells good job for you're 3th place in team
13th: Balus congrats for making it out of pools you have a great gaw you should come to tourney more often
13th: Kage the Warrior
-Frr + agora good games in double
-Sheep good games nice luigi

ALSO for the replay I cant upload them but if someone can upload them talk to me on msn nicchill2@msn.com or pm me and Ill send you the replay

oh and in the pools I 2-0 balus fredy kage rakou and sheep and holy 2-1 me

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mar1, how many replays is there? If it's not a lot, I can probably upload them for you.

Also next tourney, I really want to play your DK.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mar1, how many replays is there? If it's not a lot, I can probably upload them for you.

Also next tourney, I really want to play your DK.
there is 2 replay from stroumbert vs ally 3 holy vs ally and 3 citrus vs ally

and sure Ill play you next tourney

Top Bottom