• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quality of Gamecube controller? (which one to buy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveningninja

Smash Apprentice
Are there multiple versions of the "Gamecube controller" ?

I see a bunch of white-colored Gamecube controllers on Ebay selling from places like China, and they only cost $5.99 each. Are these acceptable to play SSBB with? I don't want something that doesn't input controls properly/accurately or has sticky buttons or anything like that.

I just don't really know what to expect and why these GCN controllers are so cheap.

Thanks.

tekkie

Smash Master
Are there multiple versions of the "Gamecube controller" ?

I see a bunch of white-colored Gamecube controllers on Ebay selling from places like China, and they only cost $5.99 each. Are these acceptable to play SSBB with? I don't want something that doesn't input controls properly/accurately or has sticky buttons or anything like that.

I just don't really know what to expect and why these GCN controllers are so cheap.

Thanks.
they're off-brand, even if they look legit. if it doesn't have the nintendo gamecube thing around the start button it's a knockoff.

new controller will cost around $30.

golcarjack

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2499-6727
its worth getting a GC controller i think that or the classic controller are the best ways to play.

eveningninja

Smash Apprentice
So will the "official" Gamecube controller respond to my inputs and just hold up better than an off-brand controller will? I'm asking realistically here, for anyone who has tried both. I don't really have a problem with using off-brand as long as it still works just as well.

Thanks.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
off-brands don't last. There are many reviews explaining that they stop working properly after a month. Get the official controller if you can.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Same here, generic 3rd party controllers don't tend to last as long as an original since the material used for them are of lesser quality, if you really want a quality controller that last then your best bet would be to track down an original GNC instead.

As least from my experience, I've had better luck with an original.

:phone:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I had four off brands. Two from Gamestop, two of these white ones without any logos. One Gamestop controller constantly inputs the right arrow key (this happened a month after purchase), while the other one believes the control stick is always facing right (this happened 7-8 months after purchase.)

One of the white ones just plain stopped working (nothing responds), and that took it about a year and a half. The other one works just fine.

I would recommend Nintendo brand. My Nintendo controller is almost 10 years old, has been used the most, and it works perfectly.

Wither_Skeletwin

Smash Rookie
I'm also looking for nintendo licensed gamecube remotes to play smash 4 with. Does anyone know where to get them for affordable prices? A website or a store would do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom