• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Qualifier - San Jose, CA Discussion

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
A qualifier will be held at the GameStop in the Winfield Shopping Center at 966 Blossom Hill Road in San Jose, CA 95123. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

Fayt349

Smash Rookie
I live down the street from here. Still debating on showing up or not cause it's my friends birthday that day.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I'm going to try my best to be there. A bit far from my house (about 3 hrs) but I hope I can get a couple of frienss together and go.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
The fact they are only taking 64 people is going to hurt everyone who is traveling from afar.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I get off work 30 minutes before it starts. It takes about 40 minutes to get there. I really doubt I can make it on time to participate, but I'm considering checking it out anyways. Haven't decided if I will actually go yet or not.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
it's a hour away, and I'm planning on getting their a hour before lol. think the rules could be a bit better, but I'm still hyped for this.

Last edited:

PufflyJigg

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishward
im going. I wish the rules were better but hey, itll still be fun. ill be playing as mega man. ill see you guys soon!

theta64

Smash Cadet
ill be there for sure. representing all dedede. btw. is there any rules regarding japanese 3ds? thats all i have at the moment with the game

Thatsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATSA
3DS FC
3351-5342-1929
I should be there. Coming down from Sac

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm really considering going considering its about 20 minutes away from where I live

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Hey Theta, I don't really know for sure, but as long as it plays against the U.S. three d.s. I can't see why not. I read that in the qualifier you can only use the default characters, though.

I'm so stoked for this. This will be the first real tournament I go to. Hope to see you guys there!

theta64

Smash Cadet
Hey Theta, I don't really know for sure, but as long as it plays against the U.S. three d.s. I can't see why not. I read that in the qualifier you can only use the default characters, though.

I'm so stoked for this. This will be the first real tournament I go to. Hope to see you guys there!
thanks for the reply man. ill be seeing you there in san jose. what time you gonna arrive? and ill be playing as dedede so no worries about that ;)

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
thanks for the reply man. ill be seeing you there in san jose. what time you gonna arrive? and ill be playing as dedede so no worries about that ;)
No problem bro! I was thinking I should get there early to practice and warm up. How about you?

A Dedede user!! I have some pretty fond memories of using him against friends. He was a fun character to play with but he was just too much of a target for me in brawl. That down b though! Haha I definitely think he's gonna be a force this time around. I've been using Link for the demo but as soon as I get the full version on friday I'm gonna decide who I'll be using for the tournament.

:?: :idea: :?:

Last edited:

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I want to go. I'm coming from Vallejo [45-60 mins away] ... but my sister and nephew live fairly close to the tournament location.
Plus I have to bring my nephew his copy of Smash 3DS so I will most likely go.

theta64

Smash Cadet
Good job to the winner form san jose. i came close to semis but lost. it was a good match. i was able to take home the posters and smash stands they had along with the shirt. btw one of the nintendo reps said they are for sure having a wii u tournament when the game comes out. also not sure if he was being serious or not, but he said that the final wii u roster is gonna have 5 more characters that are not DLC.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think he's joking because he would get into so much trouble if that were true. Also, it would mean Sakurai lied to us if he was right.

Good job to the winner. I showed up an hour late because of work, but I stayed for the rest of it to see who won. I also stayed for Streetpasses. :p

Getting to meet Krysta from Nintendo Minute was a plus. I went by myself and only got to talk to one person who wasn't working for Nintendo.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
My friend and I didn't make it in time, about 100 people total showed up! It was really inspiring to see so many smash fans in one place. A first for me. A lot of us who didn't make it into the tourney went across the street to the mall and had our own tournament. It was fun! I made a couple new smash friends and got a bunch of street passes. After, we went over to check out who had won the tourney. Didn't recognize him but congratulations indeed!

Top Bottom