• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Qualifier - New York, NY Discussion (Nintendo World)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
A qualifier will be held at the Nintendo World at 10 Rockefeller Plaza, Suite E in New York, NY 10020. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'll be there like shareware!

well, might go to the Gamestop at Union Sq instead, hard to know which venue will be more hype (and easier competition :p hehe)

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
I go to college upstate NY and cant make it. But I have informed my friends back home on this event and there all going. If any of them win im so taking the smash robe from them lmaoo. Good luck to everyone !

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'll definitely try to show up to this or the one at Union Square, but I don't know what my chances of being able to enter are. I'm pretty hyped, I've never really gotten the chance to attend stuff like this before, since Nashville and Little Rock are both pretty far from anywhere important, particularly not having had a vehicle.

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I was just there again yesterday (had an appointment about my foot uptown) and they seemed to barely know anything about it. I imagine there will be folks coming in from a third party via Nintendo to run this whole endeavor.

I'm not going to make this, namely because I'm not very good, especially with a control scheme I have no familiarity with - maybe in a smaller region, but out here? Forget it.

Kimerson

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kimerson
3DS FC
1719-4631-0085
Is it possible for the 64 limit to be reached when the line starts forming at 9AM? I wanna know when to set my alarm clock lol

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Is it possible for the 64 limit to be reached when the line starts forming at 9AM? I wanna know when to set my alarm clock lol
Uh yeah. This is midtown manhattan we're talking about.

ToastyDaMosty

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToastyDaMosty
I was just there again yesterday (had an appointment about my foot uptown) and they seemed to barely know anything about it. I imagine there will be folks coming in from a third party via Nintendo to run this whole endeavor.

I'm not going to make this, namely because I'm not very good, especially with a control scheme I have no familiarity with - maybe in a smaller region, but out here? Forget it.
The Staff there usually learn about stuff that happens there when we do, they had a Launch event for WW HD and they had a sand sclupter come in and work on a sculpt of one of the isles in the store, Staff said they were told last minute about that too

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Totally wasn't meant to disparage them as I totally understand. I actually thought I might try to preorder the game today and then pick it up later later because my girlfriend's aunt is in town and we were having dinner, drinks, being way too adult for me to wait in line anymore, etc.

Anyway the line was already going two blocks and they couldn't guarantee they weren't going to close by the time I picked up a copy. SO YEAH ESHOP IT IS.

Got a lot of funny streetpasses today at least.

Top Bottom