• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Qualifier - New York, NY Discussion (GameStop)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
A qualifier will be held at the GameStop at 32 E. 14th Street in New York, NY 10003. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Going here, because I figure more people are going to know about the Nintendo World event, and I might lose a spot since it's first-come first-serve. With how early people might line up immediately after the game comes out, though.... Even waking up super early and arriving at like 6 AM might not be good enough.

The situation sucks, because you HAVE to be there first, but that'll also cut into play time, to unlock custom moves, equipment, and general practice time. It's pretty harsh...

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo's rules say you're not allowed to arrive before 9am. good luck enforcing that lol *shrug*
So what you mean is... hang out in ANY store nearby up until 9?

... Getting in line might be hectic. Really hoping nobody gets violent or anything

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The situation sucks, because you HAVE to be there first, but that'll also cut into play time, to unlock custom moves, equipment, and general practice time. It's pretty harsh...
Right? That's how I feel too. I'll FINALLY have the game and now I'm waiting in line overnight just hoping to compete against people with items on? I dunno… I thought going to the GameStop location would be more manageable than Nintendo World but Smash is big enough that it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

I just want to play the damn game myself or at a friend's.
Nintendo's rules say you're not allowed to arrive before 9am. good luck enforcing that lol *shrug*
Yup.

:093:

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Regardless that it's FFA with items on, I wanna go anyways, because I need to meet people who are gonna play regularly, and try to go to tournaments. I used to go to Brawl tournaments, which were a hell of a lot of fun, regardless of how I did, but that was before I had a job to pay for it lol.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm in! Just so you know, at any time, we can ask someone's age (13 and under aren't allowed) and call for disqualification (i hope)
hahahahahahaha what a tragic way for me to win against a kid less than half my age

after he whoops me in battle, "bawww mods he's too young #banned!"

oh the tears, the tears :b:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I went (and won), it was a large turnout, much more than the 64 person cap showed up to the line. The line didn't really form until about 8AM though, where there was already about 30 people by 4AM at nintendo world.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Congrats on your victory

30 people by 4am? lololol

glad I went to the gamestop then, even though it was horrible (rain, poor orgainzation, everyone budding in line).

CriminalNinja

Smash Rookie
I went (and won), it was a large turnout, much more than the 64 person cap showed up to the line. The line didn't really form until about 8AM though, where there was already about 30 people by 4AM at nintendo world.
What time did you make it there??

dmcAxle

Smash Rookie
Grats on your victory. Was anything recorded at all? Yeah it was a Gamestop but still there was a good entrants amount.

Last edited:
Top Bottom