• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Qualifier - Davie, FL Discussion

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
A qualifier will be held at the GameStop in the Tower Shops at 2140 S. University Drive in Davie, FL 33324. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
This is where I come in.

Interesting ruleset Nintendo set up for these qualifiers though. Four-player time matches with items all the way through? It's actually kind of challenging in its own way. See in this kind of match, it doesn't really matter how much you focus on defeating your opponents; all that matters is landing the killing blow, and considering how hard it is to kill in this game, I imagine characters with high knockback like Bowser, Ike, and Shulk or meteor smashes are going to be key players. I also imagine the only viable strat is to focus on keeping yourself as damage free as possible, and then trying to snipe for kills at every opportunity you get. A lot easier said than done.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Closest location to me, I would love to go to this. Too bad I'll be out of town that week.

Good luck to all the players that will attend!

Jason Yamanaka

Smash Rookie
Most definitely going! I have a single day to train my life down with Rosalina! I'm so excited to meet other smash players!

Raonym

Smash Rookie
Definitely going to make it out there, excited to see what the SoFlo SSB scene's like! :happysheep:

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
Turns out my friend bailed on me for another event. Considering he was my ride, it might be a little tougher for me to make it over now. Anyone heading up there from Miami?

Top Bottom