• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Qualifier - Bonnie Doone, NC Discussion

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
A qualifier will be held at the GameStop in the SWM Skibo S/C at 1590 Skibo Road in Bonnie Doone, NC 28303. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

madBowers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adamsrewob
3DS FC
1177-9203-9654
I was thinking about going. It's a 2 hour drive for me. I read the rules and it has me a bit reluctant.

There is a 64 player limit and it is first come first serve, plus it says you are not allowed to line up for the event before 8 AM (I don't know if this will be enforced by anyone though). I can only imagine the chaos that it would be if you were not allowed to line up before 8, people would be waiting just far enough back so that they weren't on the property-then at 8 you have to race to the doors. Having to drive all that way and not making the 64 player limit would really suck.

Then there are the rules. 4 player free for all with items on? It is more based on luck then skill. Anyone could easily be knocked out in the first round.

Those prizes though...all expense paid trip to New York, 3DS, the game itself, and $250. It may be worth the 2 hour trip to have a shot at that.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
This one is the closest to me. Might go and try out my Shulk there. Provided I get there in time.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
no one seems to want to tell each other theyre going. Might be the most stacked local we've had, or could be a flop. Heads or tails at this point. Im checking this on wednesday

lazymp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mpittman17
no one seems to want to tell each other theyre going. Might be the most stacked local we've had, or could be a flop. Heads or tails at this point. Im checking this on wednesday
Kooz are you or anyone else you know really going? lol

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
How was the turnout? I was under the impression people would be camping out in order to be one of the 64 entrants. lul
What would have been a 2-hour drive, plus my boss wouldn't even let me take the day off, all forces applicable preventing me from any possibility of attending. ;>.>

Ideal situation IMO would have been an evening tournament in Raleigh. I live in Wayne County, and driving to Fayetteville and back would have been a bit much for a GameStop tournament (especially at the crack of dawn)

Top Bottom