• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Qualifier - Anaheim, CA Discussion

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
A qualifier will be held at the GameStop in the Anaheim Town Center at 2004 East Lincoln Ave. in Anaheim, CA 92806. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
I am so there. Just bummed I can't use Ness. :/

Boy Jordan

Smash Cadet
Pretty good chance I'll be in attendance for this. Will only have had a day of practice by then, so I don't expect to do too well. Should be fun though. Likely will be repping Olimar. Unsure on customs.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I was just at this Gamestop on Saturday playing Smash 4. I spoke with the Nintendo rep who will be facilitating the tourney, and he mentioned that some people will be camping out overnight to ensure one of the 64 spots. 0_o

Could be he's just telling everyone that to increase hype, but I think you should know what you're getting yourselves into.

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
I was just at this Gamestop on Saturday playing Smash 4. I spoke with the Nintendo rep who will be facilitating the tourney, and he mentioned that some people will be camping out overnight to ensure one of the 64 spots. 0_o

Could be he's just telling everyone that to increase hype, but I think you should know what you're getting yourselves into.
Good to know so that I don't arrive with any high expectations. I'm going to try and get work off to attend. I wouldn't be mad just seeing how it turns out

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029

Welp, I'd better practice more. That, and it looks like I'm getting there extremely early, then...Well, not that I didn't plan to in the first place. :laugh:

Weiro_O

Smash Rookie
NNID
Weiro_O
3DS FC
2702-1603-3539
Suddenly, getting there at 5 AM doesn't sound early anymore. Didn't win at Comic Con, so hoping to make something happen here :) Should be fun, if I even make it in.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035

Apparently they can't line up too early...

"Entrants may begin lining up for the Local Tournaments no earlier than 9:00am local time (or such later time as the applicable mall or shopping center opens)"

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Man I'm jealous, I'd go if I were still living in Irvine. Too bad there aren't any in Utah. Someone rep the Cap for me.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
Man I'm jealous, I'd go if I were still living in Irvine. Too bad there aren't any in Utah. Someone rep the Cap for me.
If I make it in, sure. I got the Japanese version to train so i'm ready to kick some ass.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
ducksen!!! i saw you in the tourny that jed05 hosted on twitch. Ill see you there!! also i have the jpanaese version too but i was wondering will they allow our japanese 3ds?
I'm not positive on that one. I'm bringing my English version just in case....but why wouldn't they? Japanese and English are compatible.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
ducksen!!! i saw you in the tourny that jed05 hosted on twitch. Ill see you there!! also i have the jpanaese version too but i was wondering will they allow our japanese 3ds?
How early are you going if I may ask?

Anomalous Adam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Anomalous_Adam
3DS FC
2020-0165-2865
Hey guys! We're having a smash party/mini tournament while waiting for the tournament. We're going to have food, live music, etc. This was posted in the SoCal Smash 4 facebook group and is being hosted by me. You can see more info here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SSB4socal/1499835076941773/?notif_t=like

The official time for this to start is 9:00 PM, that's when tents will be set up. Come join us for fun! Also, feel free to bring your own food to share for our potluck or bring a video game cover band(we already have 1 showing up) if anyone has any other suggestions let me know! This is happening.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
For anyone there. How many people are there? Is it too late to be there at 6:30 am?

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
Alright, ill be turning in early. Gonna be getting there at 5am tommorow.

anyone already there? I live pretty close and dunno how late I can stay out tonight
Someone from my FB group says 3 people, including himself.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I went, was like 15th in line.

Lost first round but it was really fun!

I was fox and got 2nd out of 4 and barreelllyyy lost to a little Mac. Was a great match though!

Got an awesome t shirt. I'm happy.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
I went, was like 15th in line.

Lost first round but it was really fun!

I was fox and got 2nd out of 4 and barreelllyyy lost to a little Mac. Was a great match though!

Got an awesome t shirt. I'm happy.
I lost to a mac as well, and to think I main him. I didn't want to be cheap though, so I went mega man cuz I love him.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I lost to a mac as well, and to think I main him. I didn't want to be cheap though, so I went mega man cuz I love him.
How close were you to the front of the line Ducksen? I mean obviously you were on "The Holy List" if you know what I mean lol.

That mob of kids trying to cut everyone was so freakin ridiculous.

King of Mars

Smash Rookie
NNID
King_Of_Mars
3DS FC
4527-8910-2607
Glad you guys had a great time! I was helping organizing the line this morning and had a blast chatting with the lucky 64 who made it into the tournament. Congratulations to Josh Cummins who won a very intense Final Round with Zelda.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
How close were you to the front of the line Ducksen? I mean obviously you were on "The Holy List" if you know what I mean lol.

That mob of kids trying to cut everyone was so freakin ridiculous.
I was at the very end, lel. I got lucky and was the 62nd person on the so called list.

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping someone got a results thread for this tournament at Anaheim, I'd sure like to know who the top players where and who they used

Was this tournament in Free For All mode?

Last edited:
Top Bottom