• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 12: Owners Are Coming Hooome Feat- SS, Tang, Lunin, Pink Shinobi and More

johnkim

Smash Journeyman
wow, tang is a good player, but man, SS was on another level in the grand finals

JRokOO

Smash Cadet
Excellent commentary, I personally didn't find it too loud, it's usually the other way around for me so I liked it a lot :)

The matches themselves we're also pretty **** good! I was really impressed in Tang as I hadn't checked videos of him in awhile. Great job!

SS is amazing to watch against spacies as usual :)

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
what match were the commentators always talking about where tang had a sick comeback.
Go to the profile for these vids and look for the most recent SJSU vids with Tang vs Lunin and watch it.

You'll see the comeback.
well then i guess when i go to norcal you guys are gonna get your mind blown by my DI ^^
Yeah probably.

Then we'll teach you after you show us^^

jugfingers

Smash Champion
ah thanks man, haha yea that **** was crazy 4stock comeback.

I enjoyed the commentary for this tournament by the way. def made the matches more exciting/hilarious/awesome to watch.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yeah NorCal ***** all other commentary.

Only problem I see having in the future is that we say the same jokes over and over again

Thats why we have Zoap though cus he actually talk about the match instead of just saying stupid **** lol.

JFox

Smash Hero
It seems like the trend ever since brawl came on the scene is that almost everyone left in melee is a techy player. The level of mindgames coming from people that make it to the finals should be a lot better.

SS is a really smart dude, but everyone else def needs to step their thinking game up. Pink Shinobi did surprise me a little, but he seemed to be winning off his player's mistakes a lot. (although admittedly this is what peach's game really relies on heavily, but this was a bit in excess, ESPECIALLY vs lunin)

Tang is just fast. The commentary made him sound like a beast, but IMO he's another fast fox player with very mid-level strategy and thinking game.

The commentary def needed to be more about what was actually happening in the match, and not just a bunch of yelling garbz into a mic.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
Come to think of it, it's true. Tang is just another fast fox, however, it doesn't necessarily mean the player can't play smart. Sometimes it's just easier or rather, better, to play mechanical, sometimes. SS has great reaction time and chooses to do things quickly that are efficient, he lands just about all of his attacks. That is extremely crucial and DIFFICULT against a fast fox. SS is definitely a falcon I will be watching out for. He has great game and melee is a game that allows people to display such skill.

Get. At. Me.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
You know, you using the term "mindgames" off the bat makes me really doubt the validity of anything you say that follows. Mindgames is played out and silly.

No idea what you watched, but Tang is really smart, and he showed it. LMAO @ Tang just being fast.

This isn't MLG. The commentary is fine as it is. I don't need my hand held throughout the match; I know what's going on. I'd rather be entertained or laughing.

pockyD

Smash Legend
It seems like the trend ever since brawl came on the scene is that almost everyone left in melee is a techy player. The level of mindgames coming from people that make it to the finals should be a lot better.

SS is a really smart dude, but everyone else def needs to step their thinking game up. Pink Shinobi did surprise me a little, but he seemed to be winning off his player's mistakes a lot. (although admittedly this is what peach's game really relies on heavily, but this was a bit in excess, ESPECIALLY vs lunin)

Tang is just fast. The commentary made him sound like a beast, but IMO he's another fast fox player with very mid-level strategy and thinking game.
........... lol

The commentary def needed to be more about what was actually happening in the match, and not just a bunch of yelling garbz into a mic.
Do you think at this point in melee's life cycle, anyone who's watching the videos actually needs to know the percentages where, say, falcon's dair combos into knee? (all percentages for SS :) )... commentary is there to give the feel of watching the match in person, not to be informational.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

ya know. i disagree with more than half of what you're saying. but i'm glad you aren't being ridiculously ignorant about it.
just go back and watch ALL of them again. please?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Yeah, it sounds so funny for him to preface his post with the "Melee is all tech now," and then use that to pick on TANG of all people. And Lunin is one of the smartest Foxes in the country.

Like seriously, you say SS is smart -- would SS really team with a non-smart Fox and be one of the best teams in the country with an unintelligent Fox?

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
lol at jfox hatin on west coast. he just mad cuzz west coast commentary is better than theres.

ps tang is a beast the best player in the world.lol

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
i think that we all must give a hand to the up and coming smash star Shroomed Big Head

also known as Young Do Bee Do
Big Head Do Bee Do

he really looked impressive coming through the ranks very quickly, hes over 2 times as good as silent wolf ( 2.043 sw's= lil do bee do)

but most importantly he does not want to hang out with you and get you into see the movie twilight over and over again just b/c he works at $$hoodrich$$ movie theatres in $$richmond$$

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
lol at jfox hatin on west coast. he just mad cuzz west coast commentary is better than theres.

ps tang is a beast the best player in the world.lol
Uh that commentary was garbage. There's no bias with me because I'm in the midwest and if anything I should favor you guys more since I'm in the midwest. Anyways commentating a match should not be about screaming in the ****in mic because anyone can do that. It should be about intelligently analyzing the match up and what's goin on with the occasional screams of excitement. If the people playing weren't so ****ing good, I wouldn't have even watched them because they were so **** annoying.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Uh that commentary was garbage. There's no bias with me because I'm in the midwest and if anything I should favor you guys more since I'm in the midwest. Anyways commentating a match should not be about screaming in the ****in mic because anyone can do that. It should be about intelligently analyzing the match up and what's goin on with the occasional screams of excitement. If the people playing weren't so ****ing good, I wouldn't have even watched them because they were so **** annoying.
lol u talkin like im bias im from TX. and if u dont like what they are sayin turn down the volume.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Wtf is this commentary "should be like" business? Commentary should be good. Good = entertaining or informing in my book. I don't really care which, although if I had to pick I'd pick the former because I already know about the game and it's highly unlikely any commentary is going to actually inform me. Lmfao @ people having a high horse about commentary. Plz stfu.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Since when have you heard commentary of any sport or anything that has commentary just be loud screaming and nothing informative? And I highly doubt you know enough about the game that anything someone tells you will not be informative. The commentary wasn't even good so it didnt' even meet that criteria that you were talkin about they said some funny things here and there but overall I was not entertained anyways go jump off a bridge lol.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Apparently the smash community has to live up to the standards of other competitive sports LMAO

I'm sorry you're bad enough where Wife going "now Azen really has to make this stock count!" or some other nonsense is valuable to you.

Top Bottom