• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QR Code for smallest Mii

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
I am a TO in Middle TN, and I will soon be running a 200+ tourney that allows Miis to use all movesets. However, it will differentiate from many Frii Mii tourneys by only allowing 1 version of the smallest possible Mii as the base for all Mii Fighters. This Mii will be made easily available for all players through this post, which will have the QR code for the Mii. this is the same Mii that was used at Evo 2015. The QR code is being used to guarantee uniformity in the tournament setting; we'd hate for something to happen because one player made a Mii that was few units off in one of the traits.

In deciding how to handle Miis, my TO team has viewed several dischords, smashboards threads, and reddit threads. The general consensus we have viewed is that the most desired solution for Mii rulings is: (1) The rules are easy to execute, and (2) provide Mii mains with a character that is viable and rewarding to play. With that in mind, the smallest possible Mii was chosen because it is easy for players to make the Mii in "Mii Maker" [unlike the 1/4th height/minimum weight Mii that was used at Evo 2015 for Gunner/Swordsman], and it makes the Miis much more viable and rewarding to play when compared to guest Miis and the largest possible Miis. In making this ruling, we are in no way saying that the smallest Mii is the most optimal size for each fighter. However, it is the Mii that is easiest for players to make, and still makes each Mii Fighter exponentially more rewarding to play when compared to the traditional alternative, guest Miis.

We really hope to help Mii mains with this ruleset, and hope the tournament goes well. I'll be sure to make a follow up post so others can hear about our results. Wish us luck!!! :)

Here's the link to the facebook event page. Join it to stay updated about the event! :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/1770560946559016/

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I really don't know how to feel about this ruling. On one hand, thank you for caring about us Mii players and trYing to do something to help us. On the other hand though, I feel small size is kind of poitless. Guest size is completely fine for most of us now and it's a size we all practice and compete with like 95% of the time now. I like that you are trying something new but I also emplore you to try using Guest XXXX sometime as that is the universal goal we are pushing.

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
I really don't know how to feel about this ruling. On one hand, thank you for caring about us Mii players and trYing to do something to help us. On the other hand though, I feel small size is kind of poitless. Guest size is completely fine for most of us now and it's a size we all practice and compete with like 95% of the time now. I like that you are trying something new but I also emplore you to try using Guest XXXX sometime as that is the universal goal we are pushing.
I believe it's FAR from pointless. Giving the fighters the smallest mii, and consequently the huge mobility buff, is comparable to patching the game to buff a low tier character. Just look at Mewtwos jump in the tier list from his release to now. The community is always ecstatic for buffs and new characters, but the Miis have been shunned and received this stigma for literally no good reason.

Though some Mii mains may be content to play guest, many are not. After Evo 2015, many Mii mains either dropped the character or quit competitive Smash. And I don't blame them. Guest miis are not as rewarding to play at the high level as the typical high-mid to top tier character. Small Miis are. So we believe this is worth trying. If things don't go well, we can always go to guest XXXX at later tourneys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom